Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The pundits have spoken..

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/pundits-batter-ncfc-for-awful-effort-at-chelsea-8436582

Most of them tend to be full of hot air on most days, but there are some interesting titbits in there.

Joe Cole-

'I look at the players and I don’t think they’re playing for the manager. When you see things like what Gibson did (getting sent off), that type of mistake and lack of professionalism. The problem for Farke is the players that have been brought in he is expecting to be Premier League players. At times it looked like Chelsea were playing against under-18s in terms of physicality. It was men against boys.'

I feel like it needs a fresh voice in the dressing room. He’s obviously talented in what he does (Farke) but I look at them and there was no fight and no passion from the players'

Chris Sutton-

'It was fear, not a lack of fight, doubting themselves against a good team, against superior players. It’s the manager’s job at half-time, when you’re 3-0 down, not to suffer – I don’t know if delusion is the right word - to think you can go toe-to-toe with Chelsea.'

Jonathan Pearce-

'A day of utter despair for Norwich. Is this the day of reckoning, the day when they simply realise they are not good enough, as they are, to stay in the Premier League?'

Jermaine Jenas-

'They were shocking, I have to say. They were poor, unorganised. The biggest criticism I can give them is that there was no fight, there’s no kind of will to work. These are European champions that you are up against and no one is saying you need to go there and win a game of football, but they gave a terrible account of themselves, as a team, I thought.'

All correct but I honestly don’t care about pundits opinions. I have eyes, I can see what’s going on. I’m not going out of my way to get the perspective of an ex pro who’s seen the highlights and reels out some cliches. Our fans that are closer And realise the problems are much more than “manager bad, players bad ug!” The problem is a rich mosaic 🤣

• Like 2

Chris Sutton had it nearest imo - fright, not lack of fight.  Sargent and Lees Melou particularly, almost like watchers rather than participants. That needs to stop and stop fast. The players need to get a grip and realise it is up to them to be men and show the fans they can play at this level.

There is no argument left for keeping Webber and Farke in their posts

they are a disaster for the club and need to go with the stowmarket 2 and young nepotism Tom 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

There is no argument left for keeping Webber and Farke in their posts

they are a disaster for the club and need to go with the stowmarket 2 and young nepotism Tom 

Sadly, with them having been allowed to amass such a large shareholding and with no dissenting voices on the Board (is there still a board?), there’s absolutely no chance of them going against their will.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Thought you were going out gardening......

Just finishing off my bacon sarnies and coffee but somehow i don't think things will be any different on here after i have done my chores and had a shower.

Anyway don't peak too early as you have Monday's lecture to finalise as yet before posting it in the morning..

As I’ve said I honestly think you had to be there to see it and feel it yesterday. It was absolutely dreadful - we simply didn’t compete . 

At the end Farke began walking towards the fans , got some stick from a few that had stayed behind , and walked off head bowed. It was awful to see . He looked a broken man . 

Im still gutted this morning . It was a terrible experience. I love Norwich to the core - though to the marrow in my bones. As do my family . It was horrendous. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Chris Sutton had it nearest imo - fright, not lack of fight.  Sargent and Lees Melou particularly, almost like watchers rather than participants. That needs to stop and stop fast. The players need to get a grip and realise it is up to them to be men and show the fans they can play at this level.

Sutton put the blame firmly at Farke’s door or did you miss that bit?

Farke’s position is now untenable after 9 games and two points with only 2 goals scored and so many conceded we have all lost count. He CANNOT stay at this Club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Farke’s position is now untenable after 9 games and two points with only 2 goals scored and so many conceded we have all lost count. He CANNOT stay at this Club.

He can, and probably will, but as I’ve stated on another thread my season ticket will now be on permanent buyback and won’t be renewed until or unless there are meaningful and fundamental changes made at the club.  Apparently doing this is better than booing.

Edited by Naturalcynic

1 minute ago, kenfoggo said:

Keep him at the club - stick him with the u23’s . 
Get someone in to try and keep us up. When we go down reinstall Farke - get Emi back on loan from Villa and start all over again. 
It’s a plan . 

• Haha 1

As great a manager Farke has unquestionably been for us, it is in the best interest of the club to be parting ways. This is all now psychological ; the players still have the not too distant memories of how our previous prem league outing went and the team still has a lot of the same personnel. Unfortunately it’s gone too far where there isn’t the belief that they are good enough to be here and no matter whether we are attack or more reserved in formation, we are still off the pace 

• Like 1

All correct, although Sutton saying it was just fear isn't totally true what we saw yesterday was a complete and utter lack of fight or desire and a squad who have lost belief in Farke. It's over, or at least should be, of course we're Norwich so Delia and co will let this get utterly toxic first. 🙄

The performance almost seemed like a protest against the manager - It was that bad. Gibson's sending off was ridiculous. 

Sargent's head is completely gone, he couldn't control one pass.  I would imagine some loaned players are looking forward to returning to their parent clubs at this point. 

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

The performance almost seemed like a protest against the manager - It was that bad. Gibson's sending off was ridiculous. 

Sargent's head is completely gone, he couldn't control one pass.  I would imagine some loaned players are looking forward to returning to their parent clubs at this point. 

Sargent’s first touch in the first minute came off him quicker than a trampoline. It was downhill from there 

19 minutes ago, Tommo said:

As great a manager Farke has unquestionably been for us, it is in the best interest of the club to be parting ways. This is all now psychological ; the players still have the not too distant memories of how our previous prem league outing went and the team still has a lot of the same personnel. Unfortunately it’s gone too far where there isn’t the belief that they are good enough to be here and no matter whether we are attack or more reserved in formation, we are still off the pace 

I fear that this is the case. I rate Farke highly but am worried that we will see a similar implosion that we did after the lockdown. I think that he might be "punch-drunk" to use a boxing metaphor. Leeds is so crucial now: I would hate to see a repeat of Worthy's last game.

I accidentally caught about 30 seconds of MotD last night when I was switching channels.  To my misfortune, they were analysing the goals against us. Looking at how some of the players were reacting to events in-game, I think he has lost some of them. No fight. No desire. 

It's 3 points against Leeds or bust.

OTBC

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

I fear that this is the case. I rate Farke highly but am worried that we will see a similar implosion that we did after the lockdown. I think that he might be "punch-drunk" to use a boxing metaphor. Leeds is so crucial now: I would hate to see a repeat of Worthy's last game.

Not to mention Hughton's when he got a load of clappers chucked at him.

30 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

All correct, although Sutton saying it was just fear isn't totally true what we saw yesterday was a complete and utter lack of fight or desire and a squad who have lost belief in Farke. It's over, or at least should be, of course we're Norwich so Delia and co will let this get utterly toxic first. 🙄

You won’t hear a dickie bird from her on the topic. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

CLAPPERS!!!.....Aaaarghhhh......I really hope the club doesn't put them bl00dy things on the seats for the Leeds game.....NO! NO! and thrice NO!.... 

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

Sadly I’ve now reached that same stage of despair and frustration as that period of Worthington’s final days in post, and once it became obvious yesterday that we had absolutely no idea and were going to lose, I wanted Chelsea to score an absolute hatful as it’s the only thing that’s likely to force our owners into making a change.