Olano

I want Kjetil Knutsen from Bodø/Glimt

53 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

What’s crazy money? We’re talking 2 months here so presumably we’re not talking in the terms of millions. I’d imagine his salary is quite modest compared to that of a Premier League manager. This is all speculation but whoever is coming in to Norwich has already agreed the position. If it is this guy remains to be seen 

He have around 1 year left on his contract. Think Glimt Will sell for 10 Mill pound now. And 2 afther January the first. But Knutsen is not in it for the money, if he where then he would not manage Bodø/Glimt the last 2 years

He is wanted in Germany and Italy. And the club that sign him know that they geth a lojale manager for the Next 3-4 seasons. 

Is he a gamble yes. 

Is he the best manager for this season ? Probably not.

Is he the best manager if we want to have a bright future the Next 2-5 years ? Yes

Edited by Olano

30 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It is interesting that Lampard opened at 6/1 and dropped to evens within 30 minutes. That suggests a very large bet by someone who knows what is going on. I'd be surprised if it's not him based on that fact alone. 

Perhaps worth noting that the Lampard /Redknapp family reportedly cleaned out the bookies when Harry went to Portsmouth. In fact it was alleged he put off the appointment for a day so he could arrange the family bets

I hope the bookies have it wrong…Russel Martin has shortened this morning but still way behind Lampard, we do know Harry and his dog like to make few bob though

Lampard has connexions and management experience at Premier League level. There was also dissension between him and players at Chelsea though ..... big time according to Wiki.

The Norwegian chap sounds interesting and more in keeping with the Norwich way of appointing unknowns, in managerial terms, and turning them into well-knowns. Lambert, Neil and Farke being the most recent. Stringer and Walker the most successful.

Stick to what we do best? Leaving out Gunn from the equation, neither Roeder nor the Hoots went down well at Carrow Road. 

I actually think Fat Frank could do a good job here. I think we’d get behind him and as far as managing egos… he’s literally managed Chelsea and the egos there barely fit in the training ground.

"Fat Frank?" Such fat-shaming! 😉😉 Old 'Lumpalard' doesn't deserve that. He's trimmed down again.

Lampard would demand a big wedge in wages and a sizeable transfer pot, I should imagine.

Knutsen would suit Delia's purse better and be altogether more malleable.

Of them all, I wouldn't mind a choice between these two.

Two appointments poles apart in nature.

Edited by BroadstairsR

@Olano Would Knutsen be willing to work in a situation where he wouldn’t have full control over the players that were signed?

8 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

@Olano Would Knutsen be willing to work in a situation where he wouldn’t have full control over the players that were signed?

Yes. 

He dont have It in Bodø/Glimt

But they need to be sign for his system 4-3-3

11 hours ago, Olano said:

He have around 1 year left on his contract. Think Glimt Will sell for 10 Mill pound now. And 2 afther January the first. But Knutsen is not in it for the money, if he where then he would not manage Bodø/Glimt the last 2 years

He is wanted in Germany and Italy. And the club that sign him know that they geth a lojale manager for the Next 3-4 seasons. 

Is he a gamble yes. 

Is he the best manager for this season ? Probably not.

Is he the best manager if we want to have a bright future the Next 2-5 years ? Yes

I want his contract if buying him out now is going to cost us £10m

Puts him out of our league 😆

Knutsen now down to 13/5 with Paddy Power. Eddie Howe’s odds have also come down tonight which seems a bit weird

No chance a manager in the Norwegian league, with 1 year left costs 10 million, I'm presuming that meant £1 million? 

The slight niggle I have with this chap is he appears to be a Norwegian version of Farke? 

10 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

No chance a manager in the Norwegian league, with 1 year left costs 10 million, I'm presuming that meant £1 million? 

The slight niggle I have with this chap is he appears to be a Norwegian version of Farke? 

1. Bodø/Glimt dont need to sell. They want to win the leage . 4 more games to play. + 2 in conference leage

2. Glimt know they Will have good ofers for around 2 Mill afther january the first.

3. Knutsen want to win the leage before he leavs Glimt. He talks aboute lojalty and the importens of not taking aboute new clubs for himself and the players before January the first.

4.Glimt Will probaby geth 5-8 Mill for winning the leage,( easy road to europe again) not much for becoming nomber  2.

5.Knutsen have a reputation, he is a lojale to the fans and the fans love him for it. The fans know he is probaby leaving january the first. If he leavs now and Glimt dont win the leage that relationship is broken. And his reputation for being a man of his words.

So 10 Mill Will do it , but thats onely my quess. What do I know 🙂

I think Knutsen would be a great appointment , he's probably taken Bodo Glimt (flash) as far as such a small club can go. The Arctic Circle club get 2/3 k crowds and I'm sure he would relish the challenge. 

48 minutes ago, MORDENCANARY said:

I think Knutsen would be a great appointment , he's probably taken Bodo Glimt (flash) as far as such a small club can go. The Arctic Circle club get 2/3 k crowds and I'm sure he would relish the challenge. 

Odds are coming right down on Knutsen tonight, so fingers crossed Morden 🤞 

Having just watched and listened to the description of Knutsen, he really does sound to a word what Webber looks for in a coach, the whole thing of developing a clear strategy and style of play, a healthy culture within a club and also an emphasis on developing young players, and personal growth as human beings. You literally couldn’t write it, it could be scripted by Stuart Webber himself. I think having listened to this, this is the man we’re after. See what you think…

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

He sounds nothing like Farke, quite the opposite. 

Appears to be more like Lambert. 

9 hours ago, Olano said:

Yes. 

He dont have It in Bodø/Glimt

But they need to be sign for his system 4-3-3

No plan B will not go down well on this forum. 

Knutsen sounds good, ticks a lot of boxes and could go on a great journey with us.

That lack of plan B is a massive red flag though.

Huge gamble.

2 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

He sounds nothing like Farke, quite the opposite. 

Appears to be more like Lambert. 

How can you say he's nothing like Farke, 1 style of football which appears to be tippy tappy? 

11 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Knutsen now down to 13/5 with Paddy Power. Eddie Howe’s odds have also come down tonight which seems a bit weird

These markets are pretty small. Only takes a couple of reasonable sized bets to move the odds. 

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

These markets are pretty small. Only takes a couple of reasonable sized bets to move the odds. 

Yep, in all honesty Jimbo I don’t know enough about it to understand how the bookies system works fully, but it’s interesting that Knutsen is getting closer to Lampard quite quickly now. That said, I wouldn’t even mind betting it’ll be someone who isn’t even on the bookies list of candidates. Would be interesting to go back on here to around the time of Farke’s appointment and see how similar threads were for context - was Farke one of the favourites with the bookies then, did we know about it? Or did he come straight out of left field? I honestly can’t remember now!

59 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

How can you say he's nothing like Farke, 1 style of football which appears to be tippy tappy? 

I can just see it now, Ken - we’ve had Farkeball and now there’s every chance we’re going to be playing (K)Nutball 😝

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Olano said:

1. Bodø/Glimt dont need to sell. They want to win the leage . 4 more games to play. + 2 in conference leage

2. Glimt know they Will have good ofers for around 2 Mill afther january the first.

3. Knutsen want to win the leage before he leavs Glimt. He talks aboute lojalty and the importens of not taking aboute new clubs for himself and the players before January the first.

4.Glimt Will probaby geth 5-8 Mill for winning the leage,( easy road to europe again) not much for becoming nomber  2.

5.Knutsen have a reputation, he is a lojale to the fans and the fans love him for it. The fans know he is probaby leaving january the first. If he leavs now and Glimt dont win the leage that relationship is broken. And his reputation for being a man of his words.

So 10 Mill Will do it , but thats onely my quess. What do I know 🙂

That's not how it works with managers, you either have permission to talk to them or not. If you get permission the compensation is set by the length and value of the contract. I can't see him costing more than a million and probably not even that. 

17 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Has my fiver made him favourite? 😁