Olano

I want Kjetil Knutsen from Bodø/Glimt

I would guess that th 10million quoted is in fact Krone, which on exchange rate when I was in Norwy a long time ago would be £1m. An altogether different prospect.

On 07/11/2021 at 09:20, dylanisabaddog said:

It is interesting that Lampard opened at 6/1 and dropped to evens within 30 minutes. That suggests a very large bet by someone who knows what is going on. I'd be surprised if it's not him based on that fact alone. 

Perhaps worth noting that the Lampard /Redknapp family reportedly cleaned out the bookies when Harry went to Portsmouth. In fact it was alleged he put off the appointment for a day so he could arrange the family bets

No bookie is going to accept a massively out of proportion bet on the appointment of a football manager; they'd smell a rat immediately and the account would very quickly be closed down.

19 minutes ago, WSM said:

I know maybe just a coincidence but Greg Broughton, who used to work in the academy at Norwich, now works for Bodo/Glimt - the club Kjetil manages.

would therefore be easy for Webber to have sought soundings about him as a coach and the type of manager he is 

https://trainingground.guru/articles/gregg-broughton-youth-development-lessons-from-bodo/glimt

I may be wrong but i'm not sure Greg Broughton and Webber will be great pals. Didn;t Webber basically get rid of him when he came in and at times the current regime have also claimed or been given credit for a number of players that Broughton brought to the club. 

I do think Knutsen sounds the best fit of the candidates being talked about. Question is whether the timing scuppers it. 

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Hi Olano

Hope you can get to a game soon! (He flies in from Norway to watch our team.)

It seems that you may have called this right. If so, what a scoop! 

I hope he signs. 

Would be a dream for Norwich long term future

• Like 1

I saw someone mention on here that Knutsen apparently doesn’t have a Plan B. According to this interesting little article that is not the case at all, he is not afraid to mix it up, and in fact he has a rather unique formation he switches to at times. He just keeps ticking the boxes as far as I’m concerned.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.footballfancast.com/celtic-news/kjetil-knutsen-bodo-glimt-hoops-bhoys-norway-spfl-manager-gossip-rumours-analysis/amp

If the OP is right and this guy and Normann fell out big style then it would be a big NO from me. Normann is by some distance our best and most influential player and character at the moment. Anyone who was at Brentford would agree I' m sure. If this Knutsen fella takes him out and he basically disappears from our first team then you can kiss PL survival goodbye. The more I think about Knutsen the more I'm amazed he fits the requirement of doing everything to survive in the PL which is Webbers stated aim. He know nought about the English game and we need a geezer who can hit the ground running. From that point of view it should be Lampard.

You know the old saying from disgruntled players............'show us your medals then'. Well Lampard would chuck a sack full  on the table and say.........'is that enough for you then'!  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

If the OP is right and this guy and Normann fell out big style then it would be a big NO from me. Normann is by some distance our best and most influential player and character at the moment. Anyone who was at Brentford would agree I' m sure. If this Knutsen fella takes him out and he basically disappears from our first team then you can kiss PL survival goodbye. The more I think about Knutsen the more I'm amazed he fits the requirement of doing everything to survive in the PL which is Webbers stated aim. He know nought about the English game and we need a geezer who can hit the ground running. From that point of view it should be Lampard.

You know the old saying from disgruntled players............'show us your medals then'. Well Lampard would chuck a sack full  on the table and say.........'is that enough for you then'!  

I thought i read somewhere that Normann had left before Knutsen took the job ?

My concern if Knutsen takes the job is that it is reported he will not leave Norway until their season is over . Their season ends on December 12th by whch time we will have played five more games with another just two days after. I am sure it was said in the club statement over the dismissal of DF that the decision was taken in order to give us the best possible chance of staying up so if Knutsen arrives after 12th December it makes a nonsense of what the club said surely but hey what do i know ?

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My concern if Knutsen takes the job is that it is reported he will not leave Norway until their season is over . Their season ends on December 12th by whch time we will have played five more games with another just two days after. I am sure it was said in the club statement over the dismissal of DF that the decision was taken in order to give us the best possible chance of staying up so if Knutsen arrives after 12th December it makes a nonsense of what the club said surely but hey what do i know ?

This did cross my mind too, although the sound coming from the club is that they want someone at the helm before the Southampton game which means he either joins us or he doesn't. He sounds like a very good fit for the club, I'm sure if they want it to happen it'll happen

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Knutsen was assistant manager at the time Normann left in 2017. Knutsen took on the manager's job a year later.

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Knutsen was assistant manager at the time Normann left in 2017. Knutsen took on the manager's job a year later.

So they were there at the same time and presumably know each other. Where did this talk of them having fallen out come from?

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Well let's just hope and pray that if there was any fallout between them then both are grown up enough to put that behind them and focus on the immediate job here. We have banged on for years about 'no characters anymore' in the mould of Malky, Iwan and Holty'. Suddenly we appear to have stumbled upon one and although he owes us no allegiance whatsoever, his ability and undoubted commitment really puts the antics of that boy from Dereham to shame! 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

So they were there at the same time and presumably know each other. Where did this talk of them having fallen out come from?

From what @Olano was saying, Normann seemed to be saying he wanted to move to a bigger club. Not sure if it was a fallout with Knutsen to be fair.

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

From what @Olano was saying, Normann seemed to be saying he wanted to move to a bigger club. Not sure if it was a fallout with Knutsen to be fair.

Well he moved to Brighton in July 2017 as a 21 year old. I'm sure its all water under the bridge even if there was any sort of fall out. But like you say not sure why he'd fall out with the assistant manager over it. 

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

They Are probably not best friends.

I think Knutsen would love Nordmann in his team now. He is a fighter. They Are pros

Åsmund Bjørkan was manager then. If Knutsen is coming then its likely that Bjørkan is coming

Edited by Olano

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Well he moved to Brighton in July 2017 as a 21 year old. I'm sure its all water under the bridge even if there was any sort of fall out. But like you say not sure why he'd fall out with the assistant manager over it. 

Not to mention Bodo would be seen as a far smaller club back then before that meteoric rise. Although to be fair, the Scandinavian and Nordic players usually want to get out of their home leagues if they're talented enough, no matter how great their teams are. Even the legendary Rosenborg side under Nils Arne Eggen (and a couple of others) when they won 13 league titles in a row from 1992 onwards were selling some of their top dogs and they still had some proven national talent in their ranks.

They were selling the likes of Bjorn Tore Kvarme and Steffen Iversen then, but keeping proven internationals like Roar Strand and Bent Skammelsrud. 

• Like 1

If it turns out to be KK, it'd be a huge call from Webber. Surely his short-term career depends on getting this very public decision correct.

From all I know about KK (which is approximately 10 minutes of feverish Googling), he sounds like he'd be a very interesting appointment. The more I read, the more I came round to the idea..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Olano said:

They Are probably not best friends.

I think Knutsen would love Nordmann in his team now. He is a fighter. They Are pros

Åsmund Bjørkan was manager then. If Knutsen is coming then its likely that Bjørkan is coming

That would be Fredrik Bjørkan, right? Would probably mean we can send Williams back to Man Utd and get a midfield enforcer in.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

That would be Fredrik Bjørkan, right? Would probably mean we can send Williams back to Man Utd and get a midfield enforcer in.

Nope his father Åsmund. 

Former manager in Bodø/Glimt

• Like 1

Just now, Olano said:

Nope his father Åsmund. 

I know Åsmund was the former manager with Knutsen as his assistant, are you saying he'd end up as the assistant to Knutsen in this case?

Just now, Olano said:

Nope his father Åsmund. 

Why would he come too? Is he one of the assistant coaches?

Look like a few good young players there we could take a look at too?

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Are you joking? Lampard has been a blatant fraud as manager. Never got even close to smelling a medal

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I know Åsmund was the former manager with Knutsen as his assistant, are you saying he'd end up as the assistant to Knutsen in this case?

He is one of his assistent now, so likely.

I think it still has been somewhat understated in this thread what Knudsen has accomplished with Bodö/Glimt. They have had lower budgets than clubs like Rosenborg and have completely dominated the Norwegian league. The 6-1 against Roma is probably the best result in Norwegian football since the national team beat Brasil in teh group stages of the 98 world cup.

Its like taking Tottenham and turning them into Man city. Norwich will be very very lucky if they manage to get this guy in. He is the next big thing in European football.

1 hour ago, shruk4 said:

I think it still has been somewhat understated in this thread what Knudsen has accomplished with Bodö/Glimt. They have had lower budgets than clubs like Rosenborg and have completely dominated the Norwegian league. The 6-1 against Roma is probably the best result in Norwegian football since the national team beat Brasil in teh group stages of the 98 world cup.

Its like taking Tottenham and turning them into Man city. Norwich will be very very lucky if they manage to get this guy in. He is the next big thing in European football.

Or indeed when Rosenborg beat Juventus and Real Madrid in one-off matches during their period of dominance. Think Bodo beat Sampdoria at home once in one of their rare European sorties, but fell just short in the away leg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shruk4 said:

Are you joking? Lampard has been a blatant fraud as manager. Never got even close to smelling a medal

Er, No! The phrase clearly refers to medals won during ones playing career (or previous career in a managers case). So this 'blatant fraud' did nothing during his first season at Chelsea then?  

1 hour ago, shruk4 said:

Then I would think he would have much bigger clubs looking at him than us I'd suggest! Surely, Man Utd are after him or Villa or Newcastle or Barcelona.....................