Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Raducanu

5 minutes ago, CanaryCuddles said:

I believe it's possible to do a free trial of amazon prime

Yeah, you just sign up for it and you get 30 days free, then just cancel it before the end of it so you don't have tp pay anything. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

2 teens in the final, unbelievable.

Ladies tennis looks to be in fine fettle now. Gone is the predictability and domineering influence of Serena Williams, which was imo holding it back, but with the young players now coming through, it now has the excitement back and Raducanu could be the best of the bunch. 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Final on Saturday 9pm on Amazon Prime if anyone was wondering.

1 hour ago, CanaryCuddles said:

As CC and Lakey have said just sign up for a 30 day free trial. After that it's £7.99 a month.They let you know when the free trial coming to an end so you don't carry on with it by mistake but even if it did slip your mind they charge monthly so you can't get caught for the full annual amount which is what happened in the past.

I think it's brilliant value anyway. Next day ( sometimes same day ) delivery for shop-o-holics, great range of films and TV and there's a few Amazon live Premier League matches too.

What's not to like ?

2 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

It's a shame as I don't have it , maybe there will be a stream or two.

1 hour ago, CanaryCuddles said:

Yeah but I used that when Norwich were last in the prem , so probably not.

21 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Yeah but I used that when Norwich were last in the prem , so probably not.

You can have more that one trial. 

I had one, which they emailed / wrote to me about, then another when City in EPL. 

Ill be looking to do again when the Amazon matches come around. I think if you time it right we are on twice, and you can get both within the 30 days. (that may have been last time though!)

Just now, Greavsy said:

Fixed that for you Corkio! 😉

Cheers but they're such a bunch of expansionist conts I'd  never award them the 'o',  Greavsyo. 

More like Flimflamazon.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Cheers but they're such a bunch of expansionist conts I'd  never award them the 'o',  Greavsyo. 

More like Flimflamazon.

Apologies - I do remember now its a badge of honour - to be earnt! Many try, some succeed. 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Apologies - I do remember now its a badge of honour - to be earnt! Many try, some succeed. 

There's  something  about their all pervading  presence  that  I don't like, soon there will be no shops. This is not good for humans.  I haven't  used them in the last 5 years and will try  to never use them again.  

Shamazon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

is it really that early , there usually in the early hours of the morning , I'll be watching .😊

Yeah, they've not all been in the early hours, she had one at 5pm the other day, which would have been first on court that day. 

4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

As CC and Lakey have said just sign up for a 30 day free trial. After that it's £7.99 a month.They let you know when the free trial coming to an end so you don't carry on with it by mistake but even if it did slip your mind they charge monthly so you can't get caught for the full annual amount which is what happened in the past.

I think it's brilliant value anyway. Next day ( sometimes same day ) delivery for shop-o-holics, great range of films and TV and there's a few Amazon live Premier League matches too.

What's not to like ?

And Amazon music too! Having bought loads through Amazon in the past my "personal" streaming playlists were spot on immediately.

Really doesn't have an 'obvious' weakness to her game. Not dropping a set so far in this tournament is exceptional.

If she can keep her head long-term she has the potential to be one of the most decorated female tennis players of all time.

I think covid is benefiting her. Without the pressure of her family being there is a great thing, Ive watch her matches and having played tennis myself she is unreal. no rally's just winners. she try's to win with every shot and her power and pace just makes the opponent think they can not win.  she is unreal!

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I lost interest in Ladies tennis when Evonne Goolagong changed her name . 

Watch tomorrow night and witness the most unbelievable story you will witness.

3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I reckon her opponent will win as she has beat better players.

Raducanu has previously beaten her opponent, though. 

I don't understand why this thread was posted on Main Discussion or why it has remained on here. Perhaps the OP was on a fishing expedition for xenophobes using Raducanu as live bait. Have I spelt her Emma's name right ? I don't know how to spell or pronounce these weird furren names - don't get excited, that's a joke, a sudden, thrilling quiver of the float and then stasis, no xenophobe to reel in, just a wind-up.

That having been said, yes, Emma Raducanu is an absolute breath of fresh air in the tennis world and the world in general. A lovely young woman with vitality and a sparkling personality. A bright star in the making, no doubt about that. But why is this thread on a football message board ?

14 minutes ago, Erraticus said:

I don't understand why this thread was posted on Main Discussion or why it has remained on here. Perhaps the OP was on a fishing expedition for xenophobes using Raducanu as live bait.

Perhaps you should get a life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Raducanu has previously beaten her opponent, though. 

Second round of the Wimbledon Junior tournament in 2018. Scretching. Hope I'm wrong and Emma wins though

46 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Second round of the Wimbledon Junior tournament in 2018. Scretching. Hope I'm wrong and Emma wins though

Can only beat what's in front of you and Emma hasn't just beaten her opponents she's absolutely destroyed most of them. I don't see anything other than a Raducanu 2 sets win. 

Whichever way it goes, she's done superbly well. The pressure got to her at Wimbledon, let's hope she can play her best game. 

The nation should be proud of her and a tennis ball should be permanently lodged in the mouth of Piers Morgan. 

• Like 1