Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF Get Set for Season 15

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Cavell Healthcare and Turner European Consulting.

May be an image of 7 people, including Kathy Blake, John Tilson and Eddie Edwards, people standing and grass

Three of the Norwich DS football team who helped us make the draw for the Euros earlier this summer.

There’s just one week to go before we embark on our fifteenth season. We’ve had a decent break this time after the two seasons that followed on so quickly because of covid. Hope you’re all having a great summer and are refreshed and ready to go.

It was a massive blow losing Lapps last week. He was such a staunch supporter of our threads, never missed a week in 14 seasons. Just knowing he was there was so comforting for me and I am going to miss him massively. And of course he’d always support the picker in the hot seat. Often being the first to offer congratulations. Many PUPs have suggested we do something in his memory. All suggestions would be welcome. I did wonder about naming the yearly pledge thread after him. That way he would be forever named on the totals like Chelle and Wooster. Away from the PUPs thread I like the idea of Lapps name being on the match thread and I hope it happens. 

Thanks everyone who has sent a tenner so far. We have £210 in the kitty so we’re over halfway there. My paypal is canaryeddie@aol.com but if you don’t have paypal just get in touch to arrange other options. This is not pay-to-play though. Just join in and send a tenner if and when you can.

Our wonderful anonymous benefactor PUPanon has once again financed the Norwich picks for this season. Massive thanks PUPanon we are so very lucky to have you on these threads.

And massive thanks to our sponsors Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare. Without their generous support our presentation pots would not be nearly so big each year.

Here are the running totals. In total we’ve raised over £20,000 and we are starting the season with £2,000 in the presentation pot : -

930183890_Signaturetotals-12July2021.jpg.10fbd7eb479685e24254034ca130c25a.jpg

As always the first week will be our reigning champion so KiwiScot will be selecting the final six picks. I’m hoping returning top PUP Hansterbubble will be able finalise the Norwich picks for the Liverpool game. Here is the provisional rota for August. If the dates aren’t suitable just say and I will rearrange.

Final Six Picks

Aug 14th - @KiwiScot

Aug 21st - @SwindonCanary

Aug 28th - @First Wazzock

Norwich match picks

Aug 14th - @Hansterbubble 

Aug 21st - @Mr Angry

Aug 28th - @Pockthorpe

Also don’t forget Kathy said we could all BOGOF again in this season’s Canary-Challenge which means as in previous seasons all PUPs who enter are invited to have a free go where any winning go to our presentation pot for our wonderful Pan-disability boys and girls. You can enter on line here :-

https://www.canariestrust.org/canary-challenge-2021-22

Then email Kathy your free entry at reephambird@gmail.com. This is the eleventh season we’ve had this perk and if one of the bogof entries wins it will be a great boost to our pot. Thanks @Kathy .

Top PUP Hissing Sid has re-opened the PUPs Sky Sports Super Six league. If you were in it I believe you automatically remain. If you’d like to join the code is JZH2NJ. It’s just a bit of added fun and costs nothing to join. Thanks @Hissing Sid

I think that’s it for now. No doubt I’ve forgotten something!

Thanks everyone and the best of luck for this fifteenth season of Rays Funds. 

Just a reminder that Rays Funds is for all Pink Un posters so please get involved.

532014743_LeagueWinners2021.thumb.jpg.a9af0f9dfd4da3d028ea1d1d608ad827.jpg

Rays Funds on Twitter : https://twitter.com/Raysfunds

Rays Funds on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/124098287639888/

Out of reactions, but I've just sent you £20, Nutty... because this year, Mrs Wolf has agreed to join in too! She doesn't want to join the forum, but she's happy to offer an acca pick and a match pick every week, which I'll include in my post.

To continue the theme of ex-Norwich strikers with patchy track records, her username for this purpose will be 'SuperHooper' (her first 'true love' as an NCFC fan). I'm working on her to join the forum, but I wouldn't hold your breath... 🙂

• Thanks 1

Anyone reading this who want to join in please do. It's simple and something else to cheer on at the weekend.

It helps raise money for charity.

To Play
You choose a team to win from any game on at the weekend and you pick an outcome for the Norwich game eg. Pukki to score
Someone in the hotseat chooses a selection of the picks and a bet is placed. All winnings go to charity.

@nutty nigel - I am of course on for next week.

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Out of reactions, but I've just sent you £20, Nutty... because this year, Mrs Wolf has agreed to join in too! She doesn't want to join the forum, but she's happy to offer an acca pick and a match pick every week, which I'll include in my post.

To continue the theme of ex-Norwich strikers with patchy track records, her username for this purpose will be 'SuperHooper' (her first 'true love' as an NCFC fan). I'm working on her to join the forum, but I wouldn't hold your breath... 🙂

Love it! Thanks Wolfie👍

And Tilly will be over the moon....

😉

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Love it! Thanks Wolfie👍

And Tilly will be over the moon....

😉

I don't know what his problem is... I mean it's not like a girl is going to finish above him in the predictions league, is it? 😛

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm not fully convinced that van Wolfswinkel and Hooper would work well together as a pair, so credit to you for making for it work 👍🏻

I was planning my comeback this season and the sad event of Lapps passing last week has made me even more determined to visit the thread for a prediction each week. 

I think I can remember how it works…🤪

Tenner sent Eddie 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm not fully convinced that van Wolfswinkel and Hooper would work well together as a pair, so credit to you for making for it work 👍🏻

I mean, it's not ideal. Give us a combined wage of £50k per week, though, and I'm sure things would improve markedly.

7 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

I was planning my comeback this season and the sad event of Lapps passing last week has made me even more determined to visit the thread for a prediction each week. 

I think I can remember how it works…🤪

Tenner sent Eddie 👍🏻

Thanks Kev. Will be brilliant having you back👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Shouldnt it have been 'FeedtheWolverine'?

2 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Shouldnt it have been 'FeedtheWolverine'?

She's very much her own woman, Kathy! 

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

She's very much her own woman, Kathy! 

It's just been pointed out to me that a wolverine is not a female wolf anyway. You wouldn't think I worked in veterinary science all my life would you? 😂

Edited by Kathy

4 minutes ago, Kathy said:

It's just been pointed out to me that a wolverine is not a female wolf anyway. You wouldn't think I worked in veterinary science all my life would you? 😂

Haha I was going to mention that myself, but thought better of it. You really should have known that, though... you've seen the sideburns on Hugh Jackman, right?

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Haha I was going to mention that myself, but thought better of it. You really should have known that, though... you've seen the sideburns on Hugh Jackman, right?

I'm sure another PUP would have pointed it out to me.....

13 minutes ago, Kathy said:

I'm sure another PUP would have pointed it out to me.....

Oh, definitely. They're a helpful bunch 😉

It's been quite a few years since I've joined in, but I'm going to try and make the effort to get a pick in every week this season.  Fingers crossed for everyone this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great another female doing picks, just what i wanted to read before a ball is even kicked this season.

By the way @nutty nigela reminder that @Diane and her Super Six League raises money for the CSF and i would hate anyone to miss out on her nagging posters to join in and do their picks. 😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

It's been quite a few years since I've joined in, but I'm going to try and make the effort to get a pick in every week this season.  Fingers crossed for everyone this season.

Awesome! Great to have you aboard 🙂

13 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't know what his problem is... I mean it's not like a girl is going to finish above him in the predictions league, is it? 😛

I suggest that all the male PUPs redefine themselves as non-binary gender-fluid. I have always wanted to see what cyberspace spontaneous combustion would look like..🤩

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Great another female doing picks, just what i wanted to read before a ball is even kicked this season.

By the way @nutty nigela reminder that @Diane and her Super Six League raises money for the CSF and i would hate anyone to miss out on her nagging posters to join in and do their picks. 😂

He doesn't need reminding Silly Tilly 😂 he knows that our ncfsc super 6 league raises cash for the CSF, he was the first one to reply to my thread.  

You should have my £10 now Eddie , looking forward to this season picks again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ncfcstar said:

Now the competitive PUPs really had better watch out. Great to have you back👍👍

4 minutes ago, Diane said:

He doesn't need reminding Silly Tilly 😂 he knows that our ncfsc super 6 league raises cash for the CSF, he was the first one to reply to my thread.  

You should have my £10 now Eddie , looking forward to this season picks again.

Thanks Diane 🙃👍

Wow Nutty, you've thrown me to the wolves-not FTW and his missus! with the Norwich match pick! I accept the challenge and will try to come up with some creative choices 🤣

• Like 1

Hi Nutty

Apologies for not picking this up, and thanks for the PM which I’ve just replied to. In the past I’ve got a notification when I was tagged in a post, but that didn’t happen this time although the alert bell at the top of the page was lit. I’ll look out for that in future.

Anyway, back to business, I’d be delighted to make the match picks and am very much looking forward to playing and being part of the Pups community again. Liverpool will be a tricky game, so hoping we get off to a good start in the match and can get some money in the pot, so lots of suggestions please! 😁👍

Contribution duly sent @nutty nigel.

I’m really looking forward to the new season and, hopefully, making a few successful pick!