Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

England v Italy Predictions

So cmon guys. What do you think? A bad feeling about this one, or confident?

IMO this is a classic balanced game, could go either way , and fine margins will determine it - a free kick that’s questionable but given, a penalty saved but rolls back perfectly for the taker to put it away.

I’m going to go with England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 edging it 2-1 , an Italian equaliser ruled out by VAR.

Similar thoughts. England win, by one goal margin, likely extra time. Kane winner. Think either 1-0 or 2-1, can’t see it being high scoring looking at both teams styles, cagey affair I think.

I’m just hoping it doesn’t go to penalties, I’d hope Gareth with his history has had them practicing all tournament, but regardless I never see us winning a penalty shoot out against top class opponents.

Following the wise word of Ted Lasso, believe. I’m believing that it’s coming home tonight 🤞

• Like 2

I'm quite confident. I think Southgate knows his tactics and he has the players. I can see that Italy have some quality, but we should run the legs off their two centre backs and I can see them losing their marbles a bit when they are put under some real pace by Saka or Sterling. I'm going 3-0 England in 90 minutes and I suspect we will be playing against 10 men for some of it.

1-1 again with the game being decided in extra time after a very nerve wracking, tetchy game. Right now I can't call it. I said about 10 days ago that England would lose to Italy in the final, I'm really hoping I was wrong.  

What do I want to happen? An England win, of course - 1-0 will do.

But I don’t think that will happen. It’s got 1-1 all over it, followed by extra time. Unfortunately that’s where I think the Italians will use their extra nous etc, and we’ll lose on penalties. Sorry but that’s just I how I feel it will go sadly. But hopefully I’m wrong and we tear them a new one!

Inclined to a agree with Alex. 

Can only see a narrow - 1-0 which ever way, and think if the italians score first, thats game over. they are too strong at the back. 

That said we have not conceded many in this tournament so  really hard to say. 

I desperately want us to win, but I think it will be 1-0 to them. Which is a shame, as I backed England at  5-1 before the start. 

Italy have been my pick since the first round of matches, but I have a feeling England will edge it, possibly in extra time.

I just feel the stars have aligned with home advantage and the 5 subs rule, making us very marginal favourites

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Have had to get to the pub early for this one, hope everyone has a great night folks! 

8943392A-1C71-4C79-A7FA-838BAC2B6341.jpeg

That's a cheeky plug in there! 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Have had to get to the pub early for this one, hope everyone has a great night folks! 

8943392A-1C71-4C79-A7FA-838BAC2B6341.jpeg

Jaysus Alexo !!  If I started on the Vino at 2 oclock, I wouldn't  be able to see the Telly  by KO. I doff my cap to you  sir!.

I'm someone who prefers league football to the national scene but must admit that my interest has grown massively as this final day has arrived. And like us in 2015, I went to that Boro Wembley game full of trepidation... yet we nailed it early on. How I would love this England team to do the same on this occasion so we don't see the cynicism that an Italian national team can bring to a tournament.

So close to call. I think a draw in full time and it won't go to penalties....England 2-1..... what the hell!

4 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Twice......for the hard of hearing....

6-2? 

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

They're gonna socket to 'em.

If only there were 3 points at stake!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Jaysus Alexo !!  If I started on the Vino at 2 oclock, I wouldn't  be able to see the Telly  by KO. I doff my cap to you  sir!.

Don’t worry, Corkio, I wouldn’t dream of starting at 2pm, that’d just be ridiculous - so I started at 1pm buddy!

• Haha 3

2.1 England. Half time Italy, full time England is my bet, got 33/1 for half time full time prediction. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Unfortunately I think it will end up as sad defeat, 2-1 Italy. Hope I’m proven wrong though 

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

I predict that the police will be busy after the game whatever the score

Brilliant! I do hope they start with 'Message in a Bottle'.....followed by 'Can't stand losing you'....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

I predict that the police will be busy after the game whatever the score

I wonder how many Italian restaurants will get their windows put through? A few if we win, several if we lose.

As for the match, I think it will be very tight, which seems like Southgate's plan if he's bringing in Trippier for Saka. England to edge it 1-0 with a goal in the second half.

Well if the rumours of Trippier in for the boy Saka are true then I would say our chances are diminishing. We need to unleash all this so called 'amazing young talent'. If not then it remains (for the moment anyway) just hype.