Do you get the feeling Aarons no one will pay the sum required for him? The longer things goes on the more I see him being with us next season. What do you think. 

Possibly. We're not going to let players go on the cheap. That's been said a hundred times. Unless someone stumps up what we value him at then I doubt he'll go. Max seems happy at the club. I'd be happy if we kept him! 

Still a long way to go in this window

Edited by BigFish

Could well be teams just want to see a bit more premiership football from him first. Let’s not forget he was part of the worst defence in the premiership last time. 
we may see the deal go through in the January window. But as already said long way to go. 

57 days which is getting on for two months before the window closes so an awful lot to happen yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Could well be teams just want to see a bit more premiership football from him first. Let’s not forget he was part of the worst defence in the premiership last time. 
we may see the deal go through in the January window. But as already said long way to go. 

True, but so were Godfrey and Lewis, and they got snapped up.

The transfers , many of which are connected , are being held up by the Euros. Once the money starts going through the system it will heat up . 
If Kane and Sancho really do attract £100m each , there will be a lot of business done on the back of it . 

47 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

True, but so were Godfrey and Lewis, and they got snapped up.

For a small part of that season, Lewis was second choice to a right-back playing out of position in the worst defence in the Premiership as well.

Edited by canarydan23

If we hold out for £30m I don't think he'll go, but all the reports suggest that we have promised he can go if we get "the right offer" and I suspect that £20m or so plus add ons etc will do it if necessary, and that brings a lot more teams into the frame before the end of August. We also have two months to establish whether we have a capable deputy in the squad already.

If I were a betting man, I'd be putting my money on Max not being a Norwich player on 1st September.

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

If we hold out for £30m I don't think he'll go, but all the reports suggest that we have promised he can go if we get "the right offer" and I suspect that £20m or so plus add ons etc will do it if necessary, and that brings a lot more teams into the frame before the end of August. We also have two months to establish whether we have a capable deputy in the squad already.

If I were a betting man, I'd be putting my money on Max not being a Norwich player on 1st September.

Webber did say if any of the trio left the fee would start with a 3. That said there’s no way Emi was worth only £3m more than Aaron’s whichever way you view it. £25m tops with add ons and I think Norwich shake hands. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Webber did say if any of the trio left the fee would start with a 3. That said there’s no way Emi was worth only £3m more than Aaron’s whichever way you view it. £25m tops with add ons and I think Norwich shake hands. 

That was £33m plus several million in add-ons plus a 15% sell-on clause. Unless Buendia's unlucky with injuries and is released on a free, we can probably say hello to a few million yet - even if Villa decide to buy the clause out like we did with Getafe.

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That was £33m plus several million in add-ons plus a 15% sell-on clause. Unless Buendia's unlucky with injuries and is released on a free, we can probably say hello to a few million yet - even if Villa decide to buy the clause out like we did with Getafe.

Exactly, so I’m sure the add ons and sell on clause would be pretty similar should Aaron’s leave this window. I just don’t value them within £3m of each other. 

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Emi isn’t English though, a young very highly rated talent like Max has that extra premium because of that fact. 

Didn’t Wan Bissaka go for something like £55mil to Man Utd? Exactly why we shouldn’t take any less than £30mil for him.

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Exactly, so I’m sure the add ons and sell on clause would be pretty similar should Aaron’s leave this window. I just don’t value them within £3m of each other. 

Still means a £30m+ bid is feasible, although the add-ons and sell-on could be less. As has subsequently been mentioned though, the fact that Aarons is home-grown in a post-Brexit market also adds a considerable premium to his price.

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Emi isn’t English though, a young very highly rated talent like Max has that extra premium because of that fact. 

Didn’t Wan Bissaka go for something like £55mil to Man Utd? Exactly why we shouldn’t take any less than £30mil for him.

I hope I’m wrong and your right, £30m would be an incredible amount right now. 

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Still means a £30m+ bid is feasible, although the add-ons and sell-on could be less. As has subsequently been mentioned though, the fact that Aarons is home-grown in a post-Brexit market also adds a considerable premium to his price.

Maybe, it’s just about Individual opinions. Max Aaron’s has been a model pro for Norwich and would leave with everyone’s blessing. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I hope I’m wrong and your right, £30m would be an incredible amount right now. 

It’s the home grown element that makes the best English kiddies so much more valuable - he’s on a long contract too so another great season from himself could see him go for an even larger fee at the end of the season. That said, it sounds like either Max or Todd is definitely off already thanks to somebody who’s in the know, and the favourite would have to be Max at a guess despite Todd’s contract slowly but surely getting to a critical stage in terms of stick or twist.

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

It’s the home grown element that makes the best English kiddies so much more valuable - he’s on a long contract too so another great season from himself could see him go for an even larger fee at the end of the season. That said, it sounds like either Max or Todd is definitely off already thanks to somebody who’s in the know, and the favourite would have to be Max at a guess despite Todd’s contract slowly but surely getting to a critical stage in terms of stick or twist.

I do believe Delia let that cat out the bag many months ago. Todd winding down the contract would be a real kick in the teeth. Time to sign a much improved deal or sell to the highest bidder this summer. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

I do believe Delia let that cat out the bag many months ago. Todd winding down the contract would be a real kick in the teeth. Time to sign a much improved deal or sell to the highest bidder this summer. 

Like yourself, he would go with my blessing too, Midlands. Webber appears to be able to do an awful lot with £30mil though so I’m alright about it! As for Delia, I don’t think she said he’s already signed for someone else, just that we and Max are aware he will end up at a top top club or something. And yep, something needs to happen on the Todd front but he’s not a player I’d like to see leave - he will be a key player for us next season and is not so easily replaceable I feel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Like yourself, he would go with my blessing too, Midlands. Webber appears to be able to do an awful lot with £30mil though so I’m alright about it! As for Delia, I don’t think she said he’s already signed for someone else, just that we and Max are aware he will end up at a top top club or something. And yep, something needs to happen on the Todd front but he’s not a player I’d like to see leave - he will be a key player for us next season and is not so easily replaceable I feel.

Todd could thrive next season it just depends on where is head is right now. He deserves a contract that acknowledges his worth to Norwich. Time to reward him, let him have certain clauses and be fully focused when the season starts. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Todd could thrive next season it just depends on where is head is right now. He deserves a contract that acknowledges his worth to Norwich. Time to reward him, let him have certain clauses and be fully focused when the season starts. 

Agreed, Midlands 👍

Emi had some lovely stats in the PL, but let’s be real, a return of a paltry 1 goal really was utter crap for a player so gifted. So I’m really not worried about trying to replace that sort of return.

Todd took to the PL like a duck to water, a real big game player, and did far better in front of goal. He is improving all the time and should be treated like our Grealish. Based on the first season alone, if I had to start one or the other in the PL, then Todd would get my vote all day long because he did more of the meaningful stuff for a player in his position.

• Like 1

I’ve been told it’s a done deal and he’s off to Spurs but that was last Friday and not sure if the appointment of NES has made a difference here 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

I’ve been told it’s a done deal and he’s off to Spurs but that was last Friday and not sure if the appointment of NES has made a difference here 

Won’t pretend to know exactly what position Doherty played at Wolves but thought he was very much in the Aarons role, though maybe more of an advanced fullback stroke winger? Didn’t really do it under Mourinho but think he played him in a much more conservative role, Doherty will now surely flourish again under NES’s system perhaps playing further up the pitch with Aarons playing behind him? It’s always felt like Tottenham were the main club linked with Max since he first started gaining interest so not surprised at your info, YoboCop 👍

You'd think Aarons would only move to a club where he would start every game which probably rules out most of the top PL teams, he'll therefore either stay at CR for another season or go abroad.

21 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We’ve got an extension option on Cantwell though haven’t we? So the reality is it’s next summer we might need to sell if he won’t sign. I don’t expect him to sign a new contract given that possibility. 

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

We’ve got an extension option on Cantwell though haven’t we? So the reality is it’s next summer we might need to sell if he won’t sign. I don’t expect him to sign a new contract given that possibility. 

Therein lies the problem. It’s all very well saying we’ve got another years option next summer, but once we move into those final 12 months of his contract you just watch his value start to plummet. This is the problem they’re having with Ajer at Celtic now, he can sign a pre contract deal with whomever he likes in January and then they risk losing him for nothing. That said, if Todd performs brilliantly and plays his part in a successful season, then we may get a little bidding war going next summer, or it may actually be deemed more valuable (if he’s going to go anyway) that we take a hit on the fee that we receive in lieu of him playing his part in keeping us up in the Premier League.

Looks like Arsenal and Bayern have joined Athletico in the race to sign young Max.

Arsenal have entered the race to sign Norwich's 21-year-old English full-back Max Aarons - also linked with Bayern Munich - with the Gunners keen to land a replacement for Spaniard Hector Bellerin, 26. (Express)

Just now, Well b back said:

Looks like Arsenal and Bayern have joined Athletico in the race to sign young Max.

Arsenal have entered the race to sign Norwich's 21-year-old English full-back Max Aarons - also linked with Bayern Munich - with the Gunners keen to land a replacement for Spaniard Hector Bellerin, 26. (Express)

Yes, we knew this last year

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He won’t go to Arsenal they have no money. 

Thats pretty much all wrong. Anyway, i think Max is almost sure to move on and in truth, the sooner the better, we would need to find a replacement, the money we get for him could make it easier to get others in  that we need for certain positions. this 6 or 7 weeks of the transfer window  will fly by very quickly so although patience is needed every day that passes is a day less  to do business. I think 30 mill, or even a bit more, is a snip for Max, considering his almost ever present record of playing  regularly, 130 appearances at age 21 is a high rate indeed. Two Championships titles, a season of Premier  games under his belt and i consider its almost inevitable  that some club somewhere from the likes of Arsenal, Everton, Spurs, Atletico or some club as yet un mentioned will comfortably have the  money to buy him.