Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

TWTD Norwich envy

An awful lot of sense being spoken in some of those responses. It would seem that the realisation of what Evans is doing is starting to dawn on them.

However,  I did have a little chuckle at the thought of Webber appointing Bellamy if they had beaten us 3 years ago!  That's exactly the sort of thing they'd do.

" I don't think they even care about us anymore" 

This totally sums up my feelings of them these days, I read the above links as I would read most football related posts of clubs comparing themselves to us, not because it was them specifically. 

I only ever have an interest in their results if I've put them in an accumulator. 

It's a sad state of affairs in a way. 

Its all rather sad, but having lived through the time when they had their purple period its hard to be sympathetic now that the shoe is on the other foot. There can be no doubt that they had a great side and some really top clas players back in the day and it was a painful era for those of us on this side of the border.

At some stage in the future we might both be on the same stage again but looking at things as they are now you would have to think that time is still far off. We have had our own triumphs and disasters over the years but better that than a long period of dullness with no end in sight.

When I look down the A140 nowadays I try hard to hold back a smile of smug satisfaction. I really do try very hard, but with very little success so far.😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

image.png.f402b697555bfc4e78a8442bced0ad0e.png

image.png.50eadd96a734f613abd4114c098d494b.png

😂😂😂😂

Interesting to see at good proportion of them fancying us to 'establish' ourselves in the prem. Probably a larger proportion of fans on there with those beliefs than on here 😄.

I have never actually hated Ippo, do not get me wrong I enjoy the rivalry, I enjoy beating them but I have never had what I call a deep seated, tribal hatred for them. I hate to see clubs going out of existence because it means fellow football fans  somewhere have lost something really important to them and their community. It is a bit like the "What is the point of Burnley" thread, I just do not get the mentality, just like every club, at every level ,up and down the country, they are important to the fans and are an important part of the fabric of that particular community. There is a lot of sense being spoken on TWTD, football no longer seems to be about people. Cast you eyes around the leagues and there are similar stories to that of Ipswich Town, for example i am sure Villa fans do not give a monkeys about Coventry anymore with the rivalry just going one way these days. I am not naive to think that given the current situation and the gulf between the leagues things are going to change and as a fan you kind of have to accept that these things are cyclical but there is a small part of me that is very sad to see the decline of Ippo and clubs like them.........I will get my tin hat.........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB
  • Like 3

They bleat about their glorious history, conveniently over looking that since their asset stripper was handed the cub we have won two league titles, an FA Youth club and even have a very large pot for winning a play off final at Wembley

At the time of that hand over much comment we made on here of how we should be like them - overlooking what their supporters club secretary warned if, Evans was all smoke and mirrors  (a con artist).

Over the years I have read continual bleats on here about how things are not what I have stated at pooorman road that It was a grubby little club having the life blood draining away by the season - but in fact they had an hinvester who was 'pumping in money' by the season, he was not - smoke and mirrors again.

That these rural simpletons have not kicked off is that to do so would be to accept what has really happened ie the few years of success were the aberration. Squeezed between decades of being a nonentity of a club and forty years of failure since.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

They bleat about their glorious history, conveniently over looking that since their asset stripper was handed the cub we have won two league titles, an FA Youth club and even have a very large pot for winning a play off final at Wembley

At the time of that hand over much comment we made on here of how we should be like them - overlooking what their supporters club secretary warned if, Evans was all smoke and mirrors  (a con artist).

Over the years I have read continual bleats on here about how things are not what I have stated at pooorman road that It was a grubby little club having the life blood draining away by the season - but in fact they had an hinvester who was 'pumping in money' by the season, he was not - smoke and mirrors again.

That these rural simpletons have not kicked off is that to do so would be to accept what has really happened ie the few years of success were the aberration. Squeezed between decades of being a nonentity of a club and forty years of failure since.

You think if they got relegated to leauge two, got liquidated and lost thier stadium they would just be all

'Well we won a trophy five decades ago so its okay'🤔

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I have never actually hated Ippo, do not get me wrong I enjoy the rivalry, I enjoy beating them but I have never had what I call a deep seated, tribal hatred for them. I hate to see clubs going out of existence because it means fellow football fans  somewhere have lost something really important to them and their community. It is a bit like the "What is the point of Burnley" thread, I just do not get the mentality, just like every club, at every level ,up and down the country, they are important to the fans and are an important part of the fabric of that particular community. There is a lot of sense being spoken on TWTD, football no longer seems to be about people. Cast you eyes around the leagues and there are similar stories to that of Ipswich Town, for example i am sure Villa fans do not give a monkeys about Coventry anymore with the rivalry just going one way these days. I am not naive to think that given the current situation and the gulf between the leagues things are going to change and as a fan you kind of have to accept that these things are cyclical but there is a small part of me that is very sad to see the decline of Ippo and clubs like them.........I will get my tin hat.........

I'm with you, in fact my best mate is a binner.

With every club there are supporters who see things in a different way, some hate, some don't care and many Inbetweeners who love the rivalry and don't get to carried away.

I miss the derbies and actually things could have been so different in the playoff semi final and just so happened on that day that the footballing gods were with us. We went on to bigger and better things as I really believe that winning that semi was huge, unfortunately for them it was huge in the opposite way and they haven't recovered.

Funny how one game of 90 mins can make or break a season or in this case a club.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You think if they got relegated to leauge two, got liquidated and lost thier stadium they would just be all

Don't bother CC, this isn't one you're gonna win 😆

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

eh ?

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

three more to go

The only time I hate Ipswich is when they beat us, so at the moment I don't give them much thought. 🤭

Never-the-less I'm still hoping they stay down this season with the salary cap coming next year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Agreed RTTB.

City 1st has a pathological hatred of Ipswich and could never bring himself to say that they once were better than us. As night follows day they will be again at some point be better than us but that time may be a long way off.

It'll probably happen in City 1st's lifetime - he says he's under 60 - so there could be a lot of rantin' and ravin' yet to come.

Stayed tuned.

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I only ever have an interest in their results if I've put them in an accumulator. 

Ipswich to lose presumably? 🤣

It certainly does Ricardo.

However, despite the appalling slide they have been on for what seems an eternity now I have very little sympathy. I have mentioned before that I seriously couldn't see our support accepting what they have been served up over the last two decades, but they do nothing meaningful to express their anger .

Apathy is killing that club and it is almost too late to change it. A very strange and sorry set of fans 

10 minutes ago, East Rider said:

However, despite the appalling slide they have been on for what seems an eternity now I have very little sympathy. I have mentioned before that I seriously couldn't see our support accepting what they have been served up over the last two decades, but they do nothing meaningful to express their anger .

Apathy is killing that club and it is almost too late to change it. A very strange and sorry set of fans 

I had to get out a handkerchief to hide the tears.

Of laughter🤣

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Not sure what they can do, there have been many seasons where their attendance has been woeful but I guess like most of us supporting your team is in the blood and we put up with the good and bad because we can't help ourselves.

We have the benefit of knowing that we have owners who want the best for the club no matter what some say or believe, we have good off field structure and beliefs and and we have a strong fanbase.

They cannot claim any of that at this current time.

18 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Agreed RTTB.

City 1st has a pathological hatred of Ipswich and could never bring himself to say that they once were better than us. As night follows day they will be again at some point be better than us but that time may be a long way off.

It'll probably happen in City 1st's lifetime - he says he's under 60 - so there could be a lot of rantin' and ravin' yet to come.

Stayed tuned.

odd how the same troll (s?) who choose to have a go at me rather than addressing the subject matter

always use the name City 1st

just another one of these coincidences 🤭

though some might suggest 'walk like a duck etc'

6 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Not sure what they can do, there have been many seasons where their attendance has been woeful but I guess like most of us supporting your team is in the blood and we put up with the good and bad because we can't help ourselves.

We have the benefit of knowing that we have owners who want the best for the club no matter what some say or believe, we have good off field structure and beliefs and and we have a strong fanbase.

They cannot claim any of that at this current time.

There are things they could do , other clubs’ fans have done, but they can’t sustain a boycott, and haven’t managed mass protests.

Possibly because the bulk do realise they’re in a catch 22 as we never were... for example with Chase he was into money but for all his sins, was never a hedge fund type privateer .. our club was never arranged to be in his debt and thrall, unlike  the Ippo brigade who have been trapped by their great saviour. 

Can't wait for the Wage Cap to kick in for Leagues 1/2 next season......... they'll be lashing out their 'wealth' on loans from Southend etc 🤣 to even stay in the 3rd tier of English football.

My heart bleeds for them 😂

I particularly liked the thread bemoaning the fact that our Youth set up is so much better than theirs and that we are hoovering up any local talent including relatives of the posters!

No more Clive Woods please (on for the old 'uns)!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Johnny Miller, Peter Morris and Keith Bertschin were ok.😂

3 hours ago, Bill said:

odd how the same troll (s?) who choose to have a go at me rather than addressing the subject matter

always use the name City 1st

just another one of these coincidences 🤭

though some might suggest 'walk like a duck etc'

Always have used the name City 1st.........I thought City 1st hated posters using different names.

I wonder who Bill is ?

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Always have used the name City 1st.........I thought City 1st hated posters using different names.

I wonder who Bill is ?

Is he city 1st, MY MY MY, didn't know that 🤷🏻

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Agreed RTTB.

Stayed tuned.

We'll see.

But there's never been a time where the gap was anything like this. It'll soon be 12 years since they beat us. 4,280 days.

People leaving their teenage years with no recollection of winning a derby. You'd have to have a bone dry glass to even consider these stats being reversed. 

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

He is indeed but gets very touchy about the subject 🤨

Maybe that's why I'm the one holding the placquard as I'm the one not in the know 🤔

MY MY 😉

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I particularly liked the thread bemoaning the fact that our Youth set up is so much better than theirs and that we are hoovering up any local talent including relatives of the posters!

That's the Norwich scouts deliberately giving higher priority to those with relatives on TWTD  😉

• Haha 1