Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Lockdown Looks To Be On Its Way.

20 hours ago, Indy said:

I get this horrible feeling Boris is up to his usual lies, there isn’t the number of vaccines nor the organisation ready to administer that many, might be Easter 2022 knowing this pile of ****e government!

Perhaps if we had a minister in charge of the vaccine programme, he could update us!

21 minutes ago, dj11 said:

Perhaps if we had a minister in charge of the vaccine programme, he could update us!

Great idea. Who could Boris select though? 

21 minutes ago, dj11 said:

Yes indeed Nadhim, a guy with absolutely no previous experience but a very close friend of Hancock......jobs for the boys to be able to use his new position to ensures his expenses are fully covered. 
I do wonder sometimes just how much money is wasted on pointless positions!

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

C’mon folks, it could be worse. Imagine if Dianne Abbot was responsible for ordering doses of the vaccines,

Well. Her body language may not scream cool organisation. But we’ve had the creme de la creme of the toffee-nosed Oxbridge elite brains trust running the country, & the pandemic, like a student free-market social club with a £trillions budget. I for one would be prepared to try an(y)other tack at this moment in time.

35 minutes ago, dj11 said:

I have just said on another thread, he won’t do this but tonight is the chance to make changes. Sack the minister in charge of vaccine, and mobilise the military from Monday. They can then plan jointly with the NHS between now and Monday ( never knew why they decided to do it themselves ).

It is reported we have 4 million doses of Pfizer in freezers rather than people’s arms and we are due to receive 2 million doses of the Oxford vaccine within 10 days ( with more in between ).

If Johnson doesn’t quite understand this is now a race, vaccine v virus. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes indeed Nadhim, a guy with absolutely no previous experience but a very close friend of Hancock......jobs for the boys to be able to use his new position to ensures his expenses are fully covered. 
I do wonder sometimes just how much money is wasted on pointless positions!

Mobilise the military no ifs or buts.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JF said:

My son’s primary school has just emailed us at 6-30 on a Sunday night to say they won’t be opening, with an attachment for his education ,which is basically watch some BBC bite size and do some reading! 

This might give you some insight as to why the Primary haven't been super-organised with work etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

C’mon folks, it could be worse. Imagine if Dianne Abbot was responsible for ordering doses of the vaccines,

But she isn't. The Tories won the election and told us they were the right ones to run the country. Its fairly obvious Diane Abbot gets stick but for every Diane there is a Zahawi or Grayling.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Great idea. Who could Boris select though? 

Chris Grayling - come on down!

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But she isn't. The Tories won the election and told us they were the right ones to run the country. Its fairly obvious Diane Abbot gets stick but for every Diane there is a Zahawi or Grayling.

But what she has done is get re-elected ever since 1987.

I'd love to hear Crafty explain that stat....

🙃

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But what she has done is get re-elected ever since 1987.

I'd love to hear Crafty explain that stat....

🙃

Slept with her leader

Edited by daly

17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Interesting thoughts. If only I'd slept with Maggie when I had the chance...

I wanted anul with her but she wasn't for turning😗

Had to spell it wrong.

Edited by keelansgrandad

Back on topic it does indeed look like Scottish football will continue so it will be a major surprise if Boris shuts football down which i find rather bizarre based on the horrendous covid stats.

On 03/01/2021 at 19:47, JF said:

My son’s primary school has just emailed us at 6-30 on a Sunday night to say they won’t be opening, with an attachment for his education ,which is basically watch some BBC bite size and do some reading! 

Which to be fair, is probably all they can do.

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Back on topic it does indeed look like Scottish football will continue so it will be a major surprise if Boris shuts football down which i find rather bizarre based on the horrendous covid stats.

The big six can keep playing but the rest will have to stop.

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Shared by a fellow poster on a different thread

image.jpeg.d4b3798984a834be7cff9d53264ce04c.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Interesting thoughts. If only I'd slept with Maggie when I had the chance...

Nutty - even you could not handle her. She was only the Grantham grocer's daughter but she showed Sir Geoffrey How(e)

• Haha 1

Nothing has changed for now with regards to the season. 

With an ambitious target of mid February for only the top 4 vaccine prioritisation cohorts, and 4 to 6 weeks lag thereafter it seems the rest of the season will play out behind closed doors. With the final instalments for 2021/22 season tickets ending Feb/March it means zero revenue for the club until next season.

Better hope we get promoted!

47 minutes ago, JF said:

Football is off according to sky

Sky doesn’t tend to worry about obtaining ‘facts’ when they get in the way of getting the story out first....

• Like 1