lappinitup

*****Unofficial Match Thread v Barnsley*****

I don't like Vrancic, Cantwell and Buendia in the same starting eleven. Too lightweight for me and puts too much pressure on Skipp and Maclean. Would rather see Dowell. Again, we are very dependent on Aarons for any width which leaves us open, and Vrancic playing 10 is too slow to move the ball. For a top of the table team, we are very one dimensional.

I'm less confident than I was having seen the team. Barnsley are no mugs and this is a free hit for them, as it is for most teams who come to Carrow Road. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

I don't like Vrancic, Cantwell and Buendia in the same starting eleven. Too lightweight for me and puts too much pressure on Skipp and Maclean. Would rather see Dowell. Again, we are very dependent on Aarons for any width which leaves us open, and Vrancic playing 10 is too slow to move the ball. For a top of the table team, we are very one dimensional.

I'm less confident than I was having seen the team. Barnsley are no mugs and this is a free hit for them, as it is for most teams who come to Carrow Road. 

Is there anything you DO like?

45 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Vrancic is a handsome chap but as you say quite a good looking starting X1.

I can see Mario staring in a vampire movie in years to come.

Edited by Van wink

If we win then it's right starting XI. If we don't then there are areas for debate.

Personally I'm not surprised DF has decided only to make the single change to the back four rather than bring in two.

Vrancic remains the interesting one. Take away his goals in the early part of the season for me he has been underwhelming.

Great to see Tim back - just hope he's a 100%.

Off topic, but still no game for the binners, I note.

Just checked and the next one is on Jan. 9 after nearly a month without football. One could have been forgiven for assuming that they had ceased to exist at all.

Poor sods. 

Thinking about it though, they probably think themselves lucky not having to bother concerning themselves with Lambert' shower of ****e for a month.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Not Vrancic at 10... but at the same time it clearly frees the cup-tie for Dowell. Same logic clearly applies to Quintilla too - I suspect Farke wants to give them 90 in the cup and possibly a spell off the bench today. Shame Rupp seems to have had a relapse. 

I'd also say Aarons could use a break at some stage. He's just looked a little leggy by his exceptional standards in the last couple.

44 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Suspect we won’t be seeing many of these players next weekend against Coventry.

Good opportunity to give Xavi a game and maybe take a look at Sorensen in the middle although Tettey and probably Rupp will also need minutes. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Is there anything you DO like?

What a strange response! There's plenty I like. Krul, Gibson, Hanley, Aarons, Skipp, Buendia, Cantwell and Pukki in the same team. A great spine and some real talent. The other bits - not so much...!

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If we win then it's right starting XI. If we don't then there are areas for debate.

Personally I'm not surprised DF has decided only to make the single change to the back four rather than bring in two.

Vrancic remains the interesting one. Take away his goals in the early part of the season for me he has been underwhelming.

Great to see Tim back - just hope he's a 100%.

I think Vrancic is playing very well in certain respects but his shooting has been off song for a few weeks now and Farke does need to take him off quicker when he runs out of steam, especially now we have suitable replacements on the bench. 

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Off topic, but still no game for the binners, I note.

Just checked and the next one is on Jan. 9 after nearly a month without football. One could have been forgiven for assuming that they had ceased to exist at all.

Poor sods. 

Thinking about it though, they probably think themselves lucky not having to bother concerning themselves with Lambert' shower of ****e for a month.

For me, I am keeping an eye on Brentford's situation. Still got a League Cup game as well as a postponed game to fit in. It all helps us having their fixture list being a bit more congested. Plus they have tough away games, here and at Swansea, Reading and Bournemouth to come

20 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

But we had a front three or Cantwell Dowell and Buendia at Watford which was one of our poorest and most one dimensional attacking performances? At least in the QPR game with Vrancic you could say we created the chances to put them out of sight! Not so against Watford.

Although I do agree in that I prefer Vrancic in the deeper role, I thought he did pretty well against QPR though in the 10 spot. Just wish Farke would sub him off earlier (same as Stiepermann) when he runs out of steam second half.

It’s a shame Dowell didn’t kick on against Watford because he impressed against Reading and Cardiff, I expected more from him. 

The number 10 spot is really a tough position for us at the mo and no player has really staked a claim there for me. I think Stieps, Vrancic and Dowell would all have their fair share of backers on this forum! 

Decent start. 

I love how Skipp plays.

My kind of midfielder. Busy, quick and hardly ever gives the ball away.

• Like 1

It may be horses for courses again in regards to Dowell and Quintilla. Let's be patient and keep the faith (Plus we don't know what they are doing in traaynun)

This is an opportunity for Vrancic to show why he is starting 11, but the way I see him is nothing more than a super sub to take free kicks towards the final 15 minutes. I hope he proves me wrong!

Am I the only one who thinks that what a clear penalty when the keeper hammered into Buendia and got nowhere near the ball? Outside the box it's 100% a foul. 

Tough as expected. Got to keep hold of the ball - as much as some criticise the slow nature of a lot of our passing, it does hold them off and make them run around a lot - and often softens them up for the second half.

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

Good to see Barnsley having a go. A better game to watch and gives us space to play our game. 

Once we get the ball moving we should win this comfortably 

Just now, Van wink said:

Once we get the ball moving we should win this comfortably 

Beat the initial press and we should get plenty of joy