lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Blackburn*****

7 minutes ago, Jools said:

Dear oh dear 😮 'For old times sake'? More like 'For f**ks sake'...

How old are you again?

I realise the US election result will have made you sad, on top of Brexit being a sh*tshow, but lighten up.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Quintilla?

Hope I'm wrong, but reading between the lines I wouldn't be totally surprised if we don't see him in a yellow shirt again. 

Can always bring McCallum back from Coventry in January if necessary. 

37 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

So to sum up two hours of pinkun forum posting... 

Moan whine. Not good enough. He's rubbish, he's also rubbish. Hate mcgovern, stipermann grr, oh no not McLean, what does he do, can't kick, can't tackle, can't score, what's Farke doing, subs, blah, whine.... 

Oh we won and beat a good team. Can't be that bad then. 

Some of you need a hard look at how you spend your time and the guff you come out with. Never seen a forum so devoid of people who habe eyes and brains and lack of  ability to be balanced or even realistic. 

36 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Unfortunately you are of course correct. I'd recommend avoiding the match day threads during the game, I generally tend to. Its devoid of all logic and is pure emotion, which is the kindest excuse I can give those posters.

Okay both, calling you out a bit here, I've just skimmed back through the entire match thread and the only posts I found which could really be criticised was one random 'McGovern at it again' comment which was met with a '???' by another poster, and TVB's paddy at Cantwell for going down in the finger to the eye which he has now backtracked from somewhat. 

I didn't stumble upon anything particularly wrong? Other than those 2 instances, hardly justifies the entire match thread being summarised quite so unpleasantly by JerryKerry and Hogesar's agreement (which I would anticipate was an off the cuff response to Jerry rather than a response to any specific posts in the thread). 

So can one of you two please point out where all these horrible posters are in the match thread (of course other than JerryKerry who is probably the single worst poster on this messageboard)? Call them out so we all know for next time??

Because it seems to me at the minute like JerryKerry appears to have made up an entire dialogue which I could not even remotely find in the match thread:

''Moan whine. Not good enough. He's rubbish, he's also rubbish. Hate mcgovern, stipermann grr, oh no not McLean, what does he do, can't kick, can't tackle, can't score, what's Farke doing, subs, blah, whine.... ''

Where is any of this in the thread you strange man?

Also, how's the one-season wonder Buendia playing Jerry? Not bad for a total flop since the 2018/19 season.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Okay both, calling you out a bit here, I've just skimmed back through the entire match thread and the only posts I found which could really be criticised was one random 'McGovern at it again' comment which was met with a '???' by another poster, and TVB's paddy at Cantwell for going down in the finger to the eye which he has now backtracked from somewhat. 

I didn't stumble upon anything particularly wrong? Other than those 2 instances, hardly justifies the entire match thread being summarised quite so unpleasantly by JerryKerry and Hogesar's agreement (which I would anticipate was an off the cuff response to Jerry rather than a response to any specific posts in the thread). 

So can one of you two please point out where all these horrible posters are in the match thread (other than JerryKerry)? Call them out for next time?

Because it seems to me at the minute like JerryKerry appears to have made up an entire dialogue which I could not even remotely find in the match thread, weird!

Also, how's the one-season wonder Buendia playing Jerry? Not bad for a total flop since the 2018/19 season.

I’m not sure I would miss much if I blocked JK. Much of what he says isn’t wrong, but the tone and delivery is unnecessarily aggressive.

Who is JerryKerry in any case? Does he ever post anything other than critical comments about other posters on this forum?

What a boring agenda. 

Dear oh dear! Don't we just get 'em, with appalling consistency.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Of course some peoples emotions are up and down like a whores drawers but so what. No point moaning about people who moan.

I think today was a good illustration of what to expect. While we find it difficult to break down teams at FCR, we create plenty of chances away. But our calmer approach may invite teams onto us and we may see less possession, especially away.

For every fan who says Blackburn could have scored more, there will be Blackburn fans who think Pukki could of had four at least.

The three against one at the end was criminally wasteful. We are doing enough but nothing like two seasons ago. Perhaps it will come with a more settled side, the constant changes through injuries have not been good for our rythym.

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

So can one of you two please point out where all these horrible posters are in the match thread (of course other than JerryKerry who is probably the single worst poster on this messageboard)? Call them out so we all know for next time??

Because it seems to me at the minute like JerryKerry appears to have made up an entire dialogue which I could not even remotely find in the match thread:

''Moan whine. Not good enough. He's rubbish, he's also rubbish. Hate mcgovern, stipermann grr, oh no not McLean, what does he do, can't kick, can't tackle, can't score, what's Farke doing, subs, blah, whine.... ''

You're surely not suggesting Bil..... Sorry JK is just a moaning ****, who makes stuff up to justify his moaning??? 😱😱😱😉

Norwich fans: that's a good win.

The rest of the football world: Harvey Elliott- new Sancho??

Don't get me wrong he looked very good but he was up against Sorensen and Martin.

Gripes about that aside, wow, to continue this form with so many injuries can only be viewed as a brilliant result. If we're still top by January I'd say we'll be top at the end.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The three against one at the end was criminally wasteful. We are doing enough but nothing like two seasons ago. Perhaps it will come with a more settled side, the constant changes through injuries have not been good for our rythym.

For me this is it. I am waiting for a 'whole' performance also, but understand why. We are top of the League without ripping teams a new one. Can things only get better?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Who is JerryKerry in any case? Does he ever post anything other than critical comments about other posters on this forum?

What a boring agenda. 

He is probably Keith ....he needs an outlet when we do well in matches

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Its never going to be like 2 seasons ago. Teams didn't show us anything like the levels of respect they have done this season, nearly all came and had a go.

Despite that we have in general, absolutely dominated games, created plenty more chances than the opposition, and conceded less goals.

• Like 1

Big call out for Farke today whose subs changed the dynamic of the match. Blackburn pressed us like no other team this season and somehow Todd and Kenny disrupted Blackburn. A good 'performance' again by DF in his use of subs. We game managed very well too.

• Like 1

Superb win that. Blackburn are a really good side this year. 

Another super display by Vrancic in the first half today aswell... but save the limelight for Pukki. What an absolute legend he is. Love him. he's equal par to Grant Holt, Darren Huckerby and Iwan Roberts now. No question for me. 

13 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I was agreeing with his point in general and certainly all the comments he referred to have been plastered on here one point or another in the last 2 weeks.

As I said, I stopped reading the match thread during the game because its like a competitive grunge match to see who can lower the bar the furthest 

Just now, sonyc said:

Big call out for Farke today whose subs changed the dynamic of the match. Blackburn pressed us like no other team this season and somehow Todd and Kenny disrupted Blackburn. A good 'performance' again by DF in his use of subs. We game managed very well too.

I think their own subs helped disrupt them to be honest. 

10 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

What a boring agenda. 

He is obviously German Irish with that name so I think he is Michael Fassbender.

Negatives from today 

The referees in this division are awful

We should have had the game won by half time. 

If we were playing a Premier League team we would have been hammered. 

Skipp's passing was awful 

The guy on Radio Norfolk makes things sound much worse than they are

Positives

Ipswich lost 😂

We have the best team and squad in this division by some distance. 

The substitutes turned the game round when they came on. 

Whatever your views of Kenny he is a very good player at this level. 

Ditto Todd Cantwell who we will struggle to hold on to in January. He is a Premier League player. 

Sorenson is a right footed midfield player playing at left back. Look forward to seeing him play in his natural position. I think we've signed a gem. 

I'm quite old and remember Ted McDougall. Teemu is as good as scoring goals as Ted but brings so much more to the team. 

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Agree with this. We are indeed wasteful. So many really excellent opportunities today. Yet, in creating those, we HAVE gone up a gear. Someone may get a big beating soon if we start to convert. Hopefully starts with the game against Reading 😉

Big three points against a decent side. My only moan would be the usual slow out the blocks start to the second half which let them back into the game. Farke really needs to address this because we come out half asleep too regularly. But we keep on finding a way to win. Bizarrely we could have won by three or four goals or quite easily drawn or lost that game!

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Negatives from today 

The referees in this division are awful

We should have had the game won by half time. 

If we were playing a Premier League team we would have been hammered. 

Skipp's passing was awful 

The guy on Radio Norfolk makes things sound much worse than they are

Positives

Ipswich lost 😂

We have the best team and squad in this division by some distance. 

The substitutes turned the game round when they came on. 

Whatever your views of Kenny he is a very good player at this level. 

Ditto Todd Cantwell who we will struggle to hold on to in January. He is a Premier League player. 

Sorenson is a right footed midfield player playing at left back. Look forward to seeing him play in his natural position. I think we've signed a gem. 

I'm quite old and remember Ted McDougall. Teemu is as good as scoring goals as Ted but brings so much more to the team. 

We have the best team and squad in this division by some distance. Ridiculous comment!

Ditto Todd Cantwell who we will struggle to hold on to in January. He is a Premier League player.  From a 20 minute cameo? He did fine when he came on, but nothing special! Vrancic much better. 

Just now, Il Pirata said:

We have the best team and squad in this division by some distance. Ridiculous comment!

Ditto Todd Cantwell who we will struggle to hold on to in January. He is a Premier League player.  From a 20 minute cameo? He did fine when he came on, but nothing special! Vrancic much better. 

Ridiculous? We are 4 points clear of third place and we've been playing with half a squad

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I was agreeing with his point in general and certainly all the comments he referred to have been plastered on here one point or another in the last 2 weeks.

As I said, I stopped reading the match thread during the game because its like a competitive grunge match to see who can lower the bar the furthest 

Well you'll probably be surprised then if you do take a moment to read the match thread back, didn't take me long!

And maybe take more care in future before piggy backing off the single most unpleasant poster on this messageboard... He doesn't deserve anyone's backing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Ridiculous? We are 4 points clear of third place and we've been playing with half a squad

Sorry, I meant his one If we were playing a Premier League team we would have been hammered. 

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think Watford and **** have equally good squads. The latter look the most convincing to me at the present moment in time but we are doing brilliantly to keep our noses in front and I’m convinced we have another couple of gears. 

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Johnson is a shadow of his former self. Couldn't get anywhere near our first team now.

Not sure about that.