cambridgeshire canary

It's a christmas miracle! (Injury updates)

I'm sure I speak for many when I say that when the injury updates come in the day before I match recently I have not been feeling good. You always expect something bad right? Well guess what.. So far it's nothing but good news!

'Max is alright, so that's the best news. All the players from the last game are available.

Some good news from the rehab - Tim Krul won't be out longer than the expected three weeks.

With Pukki, he won't play tomorrow but we're sure he can play on Saturday.

For the long term, some good news. McLean could have been out for 4 or 5 months but that's not the case. He could be back around Christmas.

Good news with Dowell. It looks like we can bring him back to training at the end of this week.

We expect Todd to be back in about two weeks, he's making good progress in rehab'

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

No. 3 disappoints. I have just posted suggesting that the extra day may have insured him a showing, if only as a sub.

No real striker again then.

Who's it to be this time? I don't think Stieppi quite came off in that role.

Zimbo for target man?

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only real oddity is the lack of anything relating to Cantwell and his injury- But I sure as hell will take what we have been told with joy regardless

Cantwell is on the same time line as Krul - perhaps earlier, according to Farke. 

Strange that you missed this

I think Dowell could be a real boost. Stiepermann hasn't really impressed at the number 10 role this season and if Dowell can be as good as he has been at previous Championship clubs that could be a big upgrade, especially if he can develop the same sort of relationship with Pukki that Stiepermann had in 18/19.

That's some good news!

I would really like to see one of our younger strikers played

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I think Dowell could be a real boost. Stiepermann hasn't really impressed at the number 10 role this season and if Dowell can be as good as he has been at previous Championship clubs that could be a big upgrade, especially if he can develop the same sort of relationship with Pukki that Stiepermann had in 18/19.

If there is ever a player that has a point to prove it's Dowell. Not just for him to make a claim for our number 10 spot but to try and reignite his carrer after this injury, and to try and gain some self belief and confidence for himself. After all, 4 clubs on loan in just 3 years has to mess with your head.

He's for sure a player I want to see do really well for us,

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

No. 3 disappoints. I have just posted suggesting that the extra day may have insured him a showing, if only as a sub.

No real striker again then.

Who's it to be this time? I don't think Stieppi quite came off in that role.

Zimbo for target man?

I get the feeling Pukki will make the bench tomoz 

Quintilla is back at Villarreal getting treatment. Farke says he can’t predict when he will return.

No proper left back for the foreseeable future then. Damn. 

Not a knock on Sorensen who has done really well there

10 minutes ago, chicken said:

As you can see I updated my post as soon as that news came out.. When I first made this post that update had not yet made it onto the web.

Thank you for understanding.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 hours ago, kirku said:

No proper left back for the foreseeable future then. Damn. 

Not a knock on Sorensen who has done really well there

Fortunately for us, Lungi is doing a remarkable job there as you noted, if Quintilla and McCallum become available in January then they’re going to have a real fight to dislodge him! In fact, injuries/suspensions aside, I’m not sure they will! (Though I think if you’re playing Hugill then Quintilla is probably the better option as he’s got a fantastic cross on him which play’s to Jordan’s strengths - a nice option we didn’t have last season). 

Quintilla is a strange one. Doesn't sound as though he will be back anytime soon, if ever. It's a must we get McCallum back.

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Quintilla is a strange one. Doesn't sound as though he will be back anytime soon, if ever. It's a must we get McCallum back.

Does make you wonder whether it might be more of a homesickness thing, or somehow failing to adjust off the field? Or that might at least be a factor? It seems improbable that our medical team would be unable to accurately diagnose the condition, but somehow Villarreal's medical team can. Either way, it's a real shame because he looked excellent in the short time he was in the team.

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Does make you wonder whether it might be more of a homesickness thing, or somehow failing to adjust off the field? Or that might at least be a factor? It seems improbable that our medical team would be unable to accurately diagnose the condition, but somehow Villarreal's medical team can. Either way, it's a real shame because he looked excellent in the short time he was in the team.

Indeed he brought a whole new dynamic to the team. His crosses were always suprerb, always brought a threatning angle to the oppisition

59 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I said last week that my theory is that Quintilla's injury is more serious than the club are letting on and they are trying to downplay it by not giving a timescale, probably because they know what the reaction will be from those who were already irritated by us only having one left back.

I know I'll probably get shot down as a conspiracy theorist but I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

55 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed he brought a whole new dynamic to the team. His crosses were always suprerb, always brought a threatning angle to the oppisition

Brilliant delivery but looked quite vulnerable defensively. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

My thoughts exactly. Rather have Sorensen there TBH.

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

I’ve not checked the stats but I seem to think we’ve been far more defensively solid and shipped fewer goals with Sorensen at left back.

hence 10 games undefeated 

29 minutes ago, rock bus said:

I’ve not checked the stats but I seem to think we’ve been far more defensively solid and shipped fewer goals with Sorensen at left back.

hence 10 games undefeated 

And you’re almost correct mate - in actual fact at the moment it’s a draw.  However when signed Sorensen was primarily a DM or emergency CB and had never played a minute of English football. With Quintilla injured and McCallum out on loan Sorensen was thrown in as an emergency LB where he’d never played before.

Considering Sorensen had no experience in that position whilst Quintilla did, I agree with your verdict about classing Sorensen over Quintilla. I also believe that he could possibly be FB in the future as well

• Like 1