A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Feel free to explain how in God's name that was Milliband's fault.

He provides stupid willingly and consistently, please don't invite him to contribute even more!!!

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Feel free to explain how in God's name that was Milliband's fault.

Are you back to playing stupid again when you want to argue something?

In the aftermath of public mistrust of military action thanks to the liar Blair over Iraq, Cameron put intervention in Syria in response to Assad to a vote in parliament to get consensus. Milliband opposed. Lib Dem and Labour votes against, forced us to refuse to join the US in action in Syria, which caused Obama to take military intervention off the table, which left the theatre open for Russia to go in and assert itself in the region and secure Assad.

Hilariously, Milliband was a few weeks later suggesting there should be another vote, but the horse had bolted since Obama had ruled it out on the back of the previous vote. Like I said, utter twit.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

19 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

In the aftermath of public mistrust of military action thanks to the liar Blair over Iraq, Cameron put intervention in Syria in response to Assad to a vote in parliament to get consensus. Milliband opposed. Lib Dem and Labour votes against, forced us to refuse to join the US in action in Syria, which caused Obama to take military intervention off the table, which left the theatre open for Russia to go in and assert itself in the region and secure Assad.

Hilariously, Milliband was a few weeks later suggesting there should be another vote, but the horse had bolted since Obama had ruled it out on the back of the previous vote. Like I said, utter twit.

So you think Leader of the Free World, President Obama, in the middle of his second term, was having his feet held to the fire by a massively unpopular opposition leader in the UK who was trailing in the polls for virtually his whole time as leader? That is proper lolz. Proper, Proper lolz.

What's next? Putin is about to declare a ceasefire but then U-turns after Emily Thornberry criticises him on Question Time? 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

Liz Truss's premiership in 2022 lasted precisely 49 days.

During that time Braverman was forced to resign as Home Secretary for disclosing a confidential document on immigration to a fellow MP via her private email. 

What on earth was Sunak thinking by reappointing her?  They both need to go.

Yep, utter stupidity.

I don't think anybody really took him seriously when he promised 'professionalism, integrity and accountability' but to trot out that b*ll*cks as your opening statement only to completely trash it hours later by appointing Braverman who had sacked days earlier for breaking the ministerial code (and then lying to the PM about it) seemed to me at the time to be mind-numbingly stupid.

Seems to me that he showed extremely poor judgement and political weakness in appointing her in the first place and exactly the same faults in taking so long to sack her - seems as though he has learnt nothing from his earlier mistakes, Starmer must be absolutely delighted.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

So you think Leader of the Free World, President Obama, in the middle of his second term, was having his feet held to the fire by a massively unpopular opposition leader in the UK who was trailing in the polls for virtually his whole time as leader? That is proper lolz. Proper, Proper lolz.

What's next? Putin is about to declare a ceasefire but then U-turns after Emily Thornberry criticises him on Question Time? 

Should have guessed the historical revisionists would jump to action on this.

Cameron and Obama were agreed that the chemical attacks required a military response; that's why there was a vote; support wasn't forthcoming thanks to Milliband, hence military action was taken off the table in the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/24/syria-cameron-obama-intervention

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

The US doesn't really like to do things alone so it's perfectly possible that Obama reappraised once an ally refused to get involved 

Edited by Barbe bleu

Just now, Barbe bleu said:

The US doesn't really like to do things alone so it's perfectly possible that Obama reappraised once an ally refused to get involved 

Absolutely. As demonstrated by the archive Guardian story from shortly before the vote.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Oh dear thicko! The Labour Party did not have enough MPs to vote down the ruling government. This had Fu*ck all to do with Milliband. And as Worthy notes above, you have to be a complete moron to think that the leader of the free world had his policy decisions determined by the leader of of UK party that was in opposition. Laughably stupid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

He provides stupid willingly and consistently, please don't invite him to contribute even more!!!

Good point. 

52 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Should have guessed the historical revisionists would jump to action on this.

Cameron and Obama were agreed that the chemical attacks required a military response; that's why there was a vote; support wasn't forthcoming thanks to Milliband, hence military action was taken off the table in the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/24/syria-cameron-obama-intervention

Hahahhahahahahhahahah! You utter dipsh*it. Cameron failed to persuade his own governing coalition to vote in favour of action, that included Tory and LibDem MPs who voted against. There is only one moron attempting the most ludicrous revision of history, YOU!

Was it ever 100% proven that Assad's forces were behind that attack? I remember reading a fair bit at the time that there were suspicions that the rebels might have tried framing it as a false flag to get Western forces involved.

4 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

Nasty piece of work. Sonyc is one the most boring individuals on this forum, a totally uncalled for remark. 

He'll be cry-babbying off again within the month. 

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

😅....it is lovely to have a holiday break. I would highly recommend it to you. 

There's that saying isn't there ..."some people light up the room when they enter, others when they leave"

Nobody noticed you'd gone.

10 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Completely untrue, as sadly is so frequently the case with your posts on here...

Rocky being a **** again? Some things never change.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

About the last place I would want to be is in your head.

Unfortunately it seems I am!

You're my biggest critic RTB. You have been for many years. 

I disagree with about 90% of what you post, though do agree with some of your thoughts (but on those occasions I have to admit I cannot bring myself to offer a 'like' in those rare incidences). 

The trouble with folk who give it large on here is that in real life they are probably the opposite. Easy to attack on a keyboard eh.

Best to ignore then you will never get to become annoyed. You get just this one life so just get on with it and enjoy it for once and don't be worried or triggered by a nobody / lefty / liberal / wokey (you choose as preferred) like me.

Speaking very seriously it's water off a duck's back. Falling out with folk just because of someone else's different views to you is just not that important (to me).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sonyc said:

About the last place I would want to be is in your head.

Unfortunately it seems I am!

You're my biggest critic RTB. You have been for many years. 

I disagree with about 90% of what you post, though do agree with some of your thoughts (but on those occasions I have to admit I cannot bring myself to offer a 'like' in those rare incidences). 

The trouble with folk who give it large on here is that in real life they are probably the opposite. Easy to attack on a keyboard eh.

Best to ignore then you will never get to become annoyed. You get just this one life so just get on with it and enjoy it for once and don't be worried or triggered by a nobody / lefty / liberal / wokey (you choose as preferred) like me.

Speaking very seriously it's water off a duck's back. Falling out with folk just because of someone else's different views to you is just not that important (to me).

Welcome back SC. You always provide thought provoking comments.

• Like 2

Suella Braverman is very popular with the rank and file Tory membership, as are the other right-wing Tories who lost their jobs or stepped down. Sunak has basically signed the death warrant of the Conservative Party as they will get wiped out at the next General Election as the Tory faithful will not go out to vote. Sunak will resign and Cameron will take over as leader of the rump.

A true conservative party will rise from the ashes. So enjoy the next five years Lefties, we will be back and stronger and in power for the following two decades, at least.

Elections are won from the centre not the extremes.

It's all very reminiscent of Labour in the 1980's thinking they couldn't beat Maggie because they weren't far enough left.

All parties are guilty of not learning this lesson.

Labour will probably win the next election but in ten years time will look just as tired and out of ideas as this one. It's all just cycles and of course " Events dear boy, events".

5 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

He refused a demotion. He's busy enough as it is as chief 'rat' catcher.

Didnt do his job well in the Pandemic, sounds like there were loads of rats in number 10 that he failed to deal with.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, benchwarmer said:

It is reported that a man from Norfolk was among those arrested on Saturday . . .

I wondered where Jools was these last couple of days !

51 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Suella Braverman is very popular with the rank and file Tory membership, as are the other right-wing Tories who lost their jobs or stepped down. Sunak has basically signed the death warrant of the Conservative Party as they will get wiped out at the next General Election as the Tory faithful will not go out to vote. Sunak will resign and Cameron will take over as leader of the rump.

A true conservative party will rise from the ashes. So enjoy the next five years Lefties, we will be back and stronger and in power for the following two decades, at least.

So it isn't Sonyc's fault then? 

28 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I wondered where Jools was these last couple of days !

Behind the couch after his pin up Tommy did exactly what he thought pro Palestinians might do. Well, actually hoping they would do.

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

That's uncalled for mate.

Sonyc seems to be a genuine guy.  I'd rather read a forum thats just him and lyb having a chat than all the angry shouty nonsense from you and your mirrors on the other side.

Seriously, if you think a regional football forum is the place to work out your childhood trauma you've got it wrong (as have  few others on here admittedly)

Edited by Barbe bleu
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

This isn't a serious government. Pathetic and childish.

Straight from the unbiased GB News to a ministerial earner.

The woman who messed up Universal Credit and finished last in the vote for a new PM. Currently riding her third Tory MP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

That's uncalled for mate.

Sonyc seems to be a genuine guy.  I'd rather read a forum thats just him and lyb having a chat than all the angry shouty nonsense from you and your mirrors on the other side.

Have you read LYB's posts?

I agree with the rest of what you say. Well, the first two sentences anyway.😄

Edited by Herman
  • Like 2