A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Eunak has a choice. Get rid of her with a promotional sidestep in the Cabinet or just get rid of her.

She hasn't sorted the migrant problem at all.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sonyc said:

I have posted before that we have a poor quality of leadership. Then, I was referring to the likes of Johnson as PM throughout the height of the pandemic, Hancock as Health Minister, the likes of Zahawi, the idiocy of Dorries and so on. I recall that single digit insult to crowds near Downing St too ( was it Andrea Jenkins... the Education appointee?). Why she wasn't summarily dismissed I am not sure why. It wasn't the expected behaviour of an MP (whatever the verbal provocation from idiots shouting in the crowd...if she had been physically attacked you could understand her trying to defend herself...like the  Prescott incident, even though that was eye opening).

We had to be subjected to idiots like Francois, Rees Mogg, Bone, Bridgen etc of the ERG. There was David Davis too, who Barnier has said later was utterly unprepared in Brexit negotiations. Haven't all of these characters had a brush with karma in one way or another, some in a decidedly devastating manner.

Consider right now, say, James Cleverly, as Foreign Secretary...listen to what he has to say and he is actually vacuous (Blinken seems positively an  intellectual giant in comparison).

The party in power has a real dearth of talent. Johnson then (let's ignore the disaster that was Truss and Kwarteng) and now Sunak, have elevated them to high office for other reasons. I've suggested a few times that many posters here (on the left or the right or centre) appear to have more depth than the characters we have sen in office during the last 5 years (at least). Some of these just don't appear serious people do they?

I agree with you (and Benchwarmer) - Sunak surely must face serious scrutiny now. The latest announcements  in the  King's Speech must be the thinnest on record, indicating the  sheer hollowness of this failing (flailing) administration. Nothing addressing our health service, our failing local infrastructure (councils in financial trouble), the lack of investment in public service, the inherent and deepening problems in the social care sector. It's not just global events that are too big for them (Brexit, the pandemic, the Middle East) but vital things close to home. You only have to watch programmes like Question Time to witness the anger (and listen to often extremely articulate views and understanding  of national problems) of the general public. 

Get back in your box.

20 hours ago, sonyc said:

I have posted before that we have a poor quality of leadership. Then, I was referring to the likes of Johnson as PM throughout the height of the pandemic, Hancock as Health Minister, the likes of Zahawi, the idiocy of Dorries and so on. I recall that single digit insult to crowds near Downing St too ( was it Andrea Jenkins... the Education appointee?). Why she wasn't summarily dismissed I am not sure why. It wasn't the expected behaviour of an MP (whatever the verbal provocation from idiots shouting in the crowd...if she had been physically attacked you could understand her trying to defend herself...like the  Prescott incident, even though that was eye opening).

We had to be subjected to idiots like Francois, Rees Mogg, Bone, Bridgen etc of the ERG. There was David Davis too, who Barnier has said later was utterly unprepared in Brexit negotiations. Haven't all of these characters had a brush with karma in one way or another, some in a decidedly devastating manner.

Consider right now, say, James Cleverly, as Foreign Secretary...listen to what he has to say and he is actually vacuous (Blinken seems positively an  intellectual giant in comparison).

The party in power has a real dearth of talent. Johnson then (let's ignore the disaster that was Truss and Kwarteng) and now Sunak, have elevated them to high office for other reasons. I've suggested a few times that many posters here (on the left or the right or centre) appear to have more depth than the characters we have sen in office during the last 5 years (at least). Some of these just don't appear serious people do they?

I agree with you (and Benchwarmer) - Sunak surely must face serious scrutiny now. The latest announcements  in the  King's Speech must be the thinnest on record, indicating the  sheer hollowness of this failing (flailing) administration. Nothing addressing our health service, our failing local infrastructure (councils in financial trouble), the lack of investment in public service, the inherent and deepening problems in the social care sector. It's not just global events that are too big for them (Brexit, the pandemic, the Middle East) but vital things close to home. You only have to watch programmes like Question Time to witness the anger (and listen to often extremely articulate views and understanding  of national problems) of the general public. 

The absolutely extraordinary thing is that Braverman could be the next leader of the Conservative Party. In fact if she gets to the final two she will probably win the membership vote. There are around 200,000 members of the party and there average age is 75. It's like turkeys voting for Christmas. 

I've posted before about voting demographics but it's worth repeating that the Conservative vote is drawn almost exclusively from the Baby Boom generation which is those born between 1945 and 1965. Only 14% of voters aged 40 and under vote Conservative. It doesn't take a genius to work out that Boomers are starting to die and most of them will be dead in 20 years time. If the Conservative Party doesn't move to the left it will die with them. 

Presumably they will also soon have a problem with funding. Their membership is dying and if they're not in power their other sources of income will disappear. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Confirmed Braverman sacked

I'm down to be Home Secretary next Tuesday but I have a dental appointment. Does anyone want to swap? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Huh, you're not lying. There I was thinking you were joking. We really are living in a circus..

Radio 5 is suggesting that James Cleverly will be the new Home Secretary and David Cameron will be Foreign Secretary. It reminds me of the time that the EU were going to have talks in Russia but Cameron wasn't told because Angela Merkel considered him too stupid to be allowed anywhere near Putin. A view shared by the other European leaders at the time. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Radio 5 is suggesting that James Cleverly will be the new Home Secretary and David Cameron will be Foreign Secretary. It reminds me of the time that the EU were going to have talks in Russia but Cameron wasn't told because Angela Merkel considered him too stupid to be allowed anywhere near Putin. A view shared by the other European leaders at the time. 

Best keep him away from the Christmas Dinner at number 10 this year..

Have heard he quite likes pork

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Best keep him away from the Christmas Dinner at number 10 this year..

Have heard he quite likes pork

I think you mean pork stuffing.

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

Wasn't it Cameron that predicted chaos with Ed Miliband? 😂

"chaos with Ed Miliband" sounds like a fun and decent time compared to what this countries been through since then..

Cameron would be an improvement but let's face it, the bar's so bloody low Cerberus is the doorman.

• Haha 2

It's the RWNJs I feel sorry for. They've taken a right beating this weekend, literally in some ways. Has anyone checked on Jools? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Herman said:

It's the RWNJs I feel sorry for. They've taken a right beating this weekend, literally in some ways. Has anyone checked on Jools? 

I'm sure Oswald is just fine, the Daily Heil will be bringing him some comfort.

2 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

I'm sure Oswald is just fine, the Daily Heil will be bringing him some comfort.

No, Jack Ruby shot him sixty years ago.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"chaos with Ed Miliband" sounds like a fun and decent time compared to what this countries been through since then..

That twit Milliband was responsible for military intervention in Syria being voted down, resulting in Obama backing off, paving the way for Syria to become a Russian playground and for ISIS to make brilliant headway there, so even noting the problems, I'm confident we dodged a larger calibre bullet.

31 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Cameron would be an improvement but let's face it, the bar's so bloody low Cerberus is the doorman.

Whether he's coming back to mainstream politics or not Danny Dyer called it right. (Notice too in this clip that there is James Cleverly on the panel - the latest political heavyweight for the office of Home Secretary  😅....we can feel safer on the streets with this fella).

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Cameron wasn't told because Angela Merkel considered him too stupid to be allowed anywhere near Putin. A view shared by the other European leaders at the time. 

Turns out that though that they didn't get it quite perfect on the Russia question!

Edited by Barbe bleu

5 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Turns out that though that they didn't get it quite perfect on the Russia question!

Merkel's reputation has burned and crashed in retrospect.

Cameron isn't an MP so he's not allowed in Parliament. We now have the extraordinary situation where someone in one of the 4 great offices of state cannot be called to account in Parliament. It beggars belief. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Cameron isn't an MP so he's not allowed in Parliament. We now have the extraordinary situation where someone in one of the 4 great offices of state cannot be called to account in Parliament. It beggars belief. 

He's been given a seat in HoL to enable this. Such is the paucity of talent within the Tory Party, they bring back a failed leader who is entirely unelected. 

GE now please. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You really have lost it. We all welcome back Sonyc except you.

Nasty piece of work. Sonyc is one the most reasonable individuals on this forum, a totally uncalled for remark. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

They might have to oil the door hinges at No10. Bit of WD40. Mind you, Cruella got her P45 so we are dealing in acronyms. How about see you next tuesday for our new Foreign Secretary. The man who abused his power and took money for it, who walked away because the Brexit vote went against him and left Tessie to brave it out. Does he think he is Lord Carrington? Does Rishi think he has the bottle to handle Palestine at the moment? Lets have IDS, Howard and Hague back.

Shows how much bottle Eunak has in that he agrees with Cruella but hasn't the bottle to stand up and say so. If we are to believe the Tory press that the majority of Brits would agree with her then he would be justified in keeping her. And Starmer is laughing his socks off as the attention he was getting has now evaporated.

27 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

He's been given a seat in HoL to enable this. Such is the paucity of talent within the Tory Party, they bring back a failed leader who is entirely unelected. 

GE now please. 

I'm relying on the BBC who are continuing to report that Cameron isn't allowed in the Commons. They say that the only unelected person who can speak in the Commons is the king. 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm relying on the BBC who are continuing to report that Cameron isn't allowed in the Commons. They say that the only unelected person who can speak in the Commons is the king. 

It's not unusual for a member of the H.OL. to be a minister. Lord Carrington was Foreign Sec during Maggies time.

• Like 1