A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

3 hours ago, Jools said:

The Mashco Piro peoples of Peru know that Boris is a liar, coco...

It won't win Labour the next GE.

I hope not, but let’s hope it it gets rid lying scum like Johnson.

• Like 1

Breaking news! The Tory Party central office did pay for the refurbishment of the no.10 flat. It now describes that as a loan to Johnson. Johnson has broken the ministerial code by not declaring that fact. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-04-26/robert-peston-exclusive-tory-party-gave-loan-to-boris-johnson-for-downing-street-refurbishment

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I hope not, but let’s hope it it gets rid lying scum like Johnson.

Exactly WBB. We can all have different mixed up honest politics but what we surely must all agree on is integrity in our elected representatives. I didn't agree with Thatcher much (I did on the poll tax, SM and the Falklands) - but I respected her.

Johnson isn't fit to run a whelk stall let alone a country.

Without integrity we have nothing. 

35 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I saw that list and had a good laugh because I thought that it was tongue firmly in cheek! Perhaps it wasn't!

Anyway, do you really believe BJ has "saved football" or maybe I should ask, do you think the great British electorate will be thinking that? Much of what I have read has been about the influence of football fans and the sheer media storm in response of footballers / former footballers.

It would be telling if the country really seriously believed in that list of 'achievements'. Perhaps you're right though ..... people putting up with anything. Like the Blackadder sketch and satire about putting any x in power....what was the constituency?....perhaps it was "Donny on the Wold"? My memory may have faded.

Indeed

3 days before it is ‘ alleged ‘ that he had a meeting with Ed Woodward to help encourage the move to the ESL. He has indeed denied the meeting ever took place, which comically is Johnson language for of course it did.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Breaking news! The Tory Party central office did pay for the refurbishment of the no.10 flat. It now describes that as a loan to Johnson. Johnson has broken the ministerial code by not declaring that fact. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-04-26/robert-peston-exclusive-tory-party-gave-loan-to-boris-johnson-for-downing-street-refurbishment

Don’t believe you, Jools says anything from this journalist is fake, then again he also said there was evidence for fraud in the US elections, who to believe I will be pondering all night.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Bring back Corbyn and 'I didn't attend a memorial to terrorists', I say.

Corbyn was never PM.

He obviously didn't lie enough for the public.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, horsefly said:

How can a political party pay for it? 

Mind you, the Russian government helped him out of course.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Corbyn was never PM.

He obviously didn't lie enough for the public.

Certainly not enough for RTB, he likes his politicians to lay it on really think and he also seems to like really thick politicians, presumably because their views so closely mirror his own.

25 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Inky blots and rotten parchment bonds are obviously referring to the press. As usual Will was the first to spot Fake News. And note the complimentary references to Brexit just before that quote.

Fake news is not that difficult to spot, your mate Ivor Cummins springs to mind, that used a chart stolen from the internet, of a 9 year olds homework, and claimed it was a reviewed paper

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes, Peston has very good sources, and as he indicates the likelihood is there are at least three sources here. Added to which, it sounds very much like what an enraged Johnson would say.

And even The right-wing Spectator doesn't buy Gove's 'denial' today in the Commons:

This is a very careful non-denial. Gove might find it incredible that someone said this, but that doesn't mean they didn't. He might not have heard it himself, but that doesn't mean it wasn't said. It is in marked contrast to the denial Johnson himself gave that he made the remark at all. And it means that this story has a while longer to run.

But the sad likelihood, as others have said, is that Johnson will get away with this, as with so much else. Not only has the UK had to suffer the three worst prime minsters since the last world war (and probably going back a good deal further) in a row, and all from the supposed natural party of government. But at the same time the electorate seems now inured to incompetence and scandal that would have killed off careers in an earlier age.

59 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I saw that list and had a good laugh because I thought that it was tongue firmly in cheek! Perhaps it wasn't!

Anyway, do you really believe BJ has "saved football" or maybe I should ask, do you think the great British electorate will be thinking that? Much of what I have read has been about the influence of football fans and the sheer media storm in response of footballers / former footballers.

It would be telling if the country really seriously believed in that list of 'achievements'. Perhaps you're right though ..... people putting up with anything. Like the Blackadder sketch and satire about putting any x in power....what was the constituency?....perhaps it was "Donny on the Wold"? My memory may have faded.

It's not what I think sonyc but some will, and I have no doubt that many that supported BJ for the leadership of the Tory party and voted for the Tories in the last election were fully aware of his history and character and yet still voted for him.

This whole sleaze issue is a really fascinating one, it seems to me that there could well be a general level of ambivalence but maybe something will just stick or strike accord and all of a sudden the house will come falling down.  Wouldn't hold your breath though.

Edited by Van wink

27 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed

3 days before it is ‘ alleged ‘ that he had a meeting with Ed Woodward to help encourage the move to the ESL. He has indeed denied the meeting ever took place, which comically is Johnson language for of course it did.

Yes agreed. Interesting.

There again, there was this snippet flying about recently (which gave me a laugh...)

IMG_20210426_191256.jpg

16 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How can a political party pay for it? 

So Tory Central Office paid for it.  Where does it get its money?  From donations.  Ergo it was paid for by Tory Party donors (though they themselves may not have been aware of it).

Why the need to spend so much?  Ask Carrie.  When the Daily Express resorts to calling Cummings sexist over his allegations about her interference in government, you just know there's a case to answer.

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

I suspect thats how many will see it, there will be a lot of overexcitement on here but for better or worse, for most people that supported BJ I suspect the fact that he tells porkies is already factored in and many others just wont care.

I suspect you are right. 

This might be a damning indictment on the supporters but it is an equal indictment on  opposition voices who haven't quite twigged that they must try to appeal to more than their base.

11 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I suspect you are right. 

This might be a damning indictment on the supporters but it is an equal indictment on  opposition voices who haven't quite twigged that they must try to appeal to more than their base.

What did we get today at the Despatch Box?

Rachel Reeves had the chance to hammer Gove and she left him off. Its almost as if Labour are in on the conspiracy.

The Commons is a debating chamber and where Governments can be pinned to the rafters. And I know there is hardly anyone in to wave order papers and shout, but if the cross examination wouldn't make a girl guide blush then we might as well become a one party state.

Johnson is a complete loser but is being allowed to pretend he is MOTM.

24 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I suspect you are right. 

I don't think you can blame others for this ****show. Many of people, mostly more polite than me, have tried to explain and show how bad these people are. 

If you can explain to me how to appeal to people that are not in the slightest bit interested in looking at facts then I am all ears. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

I am all ears. 

Don't  worry, science can do wonderful things these days😉

• Haha 1

Do you think we could do a deal with the Iranians? We send them Boris, a known duplicitous journalist and they send us Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe back - a non-lying non-journalist.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Herman said:

I don't think you can blame others for this ****show. Many of people, mostly more polite than me, have tried to explain and show how bad these people are. 

If you can explain to me how to appeal to people that are not in the slightest bit interested in looking at facts then I am all ears. 

I have said what I think lots of times.  The majority of people are in the middle.  Give these people something  that  makes them "feel" good.

Edited by Barbe bleu

5 hours ago, Herman said:

She was useless but not a sleazy and corrupt moral vacuum. 

So you went ahead and voted for her knowing full well how useless she was/is...

And you accuse me of taking Class A drugs 🙃

You really aren't all the ticket.

No Jools, I didn't vote for the LibDems in the last election because I voted tactically.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Herman said:

No Jools, I didn't vote for the LibDems in the last election because I voted tactically.

And that's how the Conservatives got an 80 seat majority  🤣

Don't give up the day job.. 🤣😂🤣

Edited by Jools

Just now, Jools said:

And that's how the Conservatives got an 80% majority  🤣

Per Cent? Yet another lie😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

So Prince Nut Nut talks about Zaghari-Ratcliffe but he is the one who convicted her and now he is allowing ex Military to be charged with murder while we opened the prisons to let IRA out to facilitate the Good Friday agreement. Quid Pro Quo Boris.

Conservatives the party of Flaw and Disorder.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Do you not understand how elections work Jools?

🤣