A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

The vacuous stuff will get him in the end. The real serious stuff will be ignored by his fan boys but the thousands of pounds on wicker baskets will drag him down. Hopefully. 

Its certainly vacuous stuff. To be honest very few people give a fcuk who paid for his wallpaper as long as it wasn't them. There are plenty of things that he could be attacked on that would do damage but I don't think wallpaper is one of them.

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Amazing how some people get upset over the cost of some new curtains. If that's all they've got to talk about things can't be that bad.

Sometimes on this message board, I wonder if I've wandered onto the set of Emmerdale...

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Its certainly vacuous stuff. To be honest very few people give a fcuk who paid for his wallpaper as long as it wasn't them. There are plenty of things that he could be attacked on that would do damage but I don't think wallpaper is one of them.

Indeed! but it's NOT about wallpaper is it! It's about an MP (who also happens to be the PM) taking money from another person and failing to declare that he has done so in serious contravention of the laws governing such donations. It's about breaching the ministerial code of conduct and God knows what else, that has forced the Electoral Commission to declare the need for an urgent investigation. The vacuity involved relates to the judgement of Johnson that it was worth taking the risk to mire himself in such corruption for the sake of a few pieces of over-priced furniture. But then, Johnson's whole career has been punctuated by such vacuous judgements which is why he has been dismissed on so many occasions. His Eton boy privileges have enabled him to continue on his chosen career path despite his egregious record, but it's now beginning to look like he has used up all his passes and will be confined to dorm shortly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

An interesting take on events

Discuss😀

So, since we are apparently supposed to take this seriously:

(1) Boris has a budget of £30k a year to do up the Downing Street flat.
(2) For reasons that seem pretty much inexplicable redecorating and refurnishing comes in nearer to £90k.
(3) Boris doesn't have that sort of cash, a point he might have thought about before he spent it, so his friends are asked to rally around, which they do.
(4) This gets awkward so friends are reimbursed and Boris pays it himself.
(5) Except that he doesn't (see (3)) but instead gets a loan from the Conservative party to whom the friends (see (4)) may or may not have made donations.

No public money is spent beyond the £30k. There is no failure to declare because the deadline for this has not yet passed. There may be an attempt to conceal what is effectively financial support from friends who may or may not be up for government contracts.

Have I missed anything material?

Have fun😉

Yes. What colour were the curtains?

Thankfully whatever Boris spent doesn't appear to be taxpayers money.

I'd much rather it was.

Loans from 'supporters' that may influence his decision making is far more dangerous than £30k of tax payer money going on some curtains.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Amazing how some people get upset over the cost of some new curtains. If that's all they've got to talk about things can't be that bad.

Sometimes on this message board, I wonder if I've wandered onto the set of Emmerdale...

He lied ( now on several occasions ), to me it is nothing to do with what he did or didn’t do. If you agree that lying is acceptable, that’s up to you, however myself, children and grandchildren have been brought up differently, maybe it’s acceptable in your house to lie but not mine.

5 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Yes. What colour were the curtains?

And how bigger contract did the guy that provided the money get ?, maybe nothing, maybe 1 billion pounds, if he won’t tell us who it is we will never know.

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

He lied ( now on several occasions ), to me it is nothing to do with what he did or didn’t do. If you agree that lying is acceptable, that’s up to you, however myself, children and grandchildren have been brought up differently, maybe it’s acceptable in your house to lie but not mine.

In my house I taught everyone to lie low when the rent man calls. Does that count?

Indeed they were and spent near enough the full allowance of tax payers money each year which is perfectly legal.

Thankfully whatever Boris spent doesn't appear to be taxpayers money.

If Putin footed the bill or Boris signed The Falklands over to Argentina for a few rolls of wallpaper he could be in trouble but other than that it all seems a bit thin.

Maybe Dyson lent Boris the money 😀

51 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Well some of us have attacked him for his dodger stuff but still people like you don't give a ****. The collapse of morals and standards amongst the electorate is staggering and there is zero reason for it. 

• Like 2

IMO one of the reasons is the media don't report it, and especially don't call it it and demand answers for why it's happening.... 

Maintaining "ministerial access" more important than "holding power to account" apparently - greed ($ or £) being the reason. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Herman said:

Well some of us have attacked him for his dodger stuff but still people like you don't give a ****. The collapse of morals and standards amongst the electorate is staggering and there is zero reason for it. 

Questions about who paid for the wallpaper are a point scoring distraction at best and a dereliction of duty at worst, Hermione, and you know it..

I want Sir Wan Kier to ask Boris about the threats to our liberty and our ancient way of life by his Green agenda -- What does the new normal look like? What does the great reset consist of? Why are you imposing a vaccine App/passport when you categorically promised you wouldn't? How much will the net zero carbon nonsense cost and what liberties will you be taking away to achieve it? By how many degrees will it cool the planet or slow the supposed rise in temperature? What's being done about the woke madness that has infiltrated every aspect of our lives? Who is going to pay for the lockdowns that has wrecked the economy?

The point scoring over refurbishment costs while the country is in dire straights is politicians running away from the issues that matter...

What do you reckon?

19 minutes ago, Surfer said:

IMO one of the reasons is the media don't report it,

Are you being serious?

Oh - I had you and Barbie down for a roll of wallpaper each!

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Oh - I had you and Barbie down for a roll of wallpaper each!

There's half a roll of Vymura ready pasted in my cupboard that I could send if someone will pay the P&P. (make sure you declare it)😉

Edited by ricardo

Just now, ricardo said:

There's half a roll of Vymura ready pasted in my cupboard that I could send if someone will pay the P&P.

I wonder how much the loo paper costs too ?

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

I wonder how much the loo paper costs too ?

nine rolls of Sainsburys Aloe Vera Supersoft at £3.35p is a decent offer at the moment.

2 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

Funnily enough  I can see this being the most damaging aspect.   

People will always rally around members of their tribe (and the opposition have done little to make them attractive to the less committed) but this sort of thing does create a feeling of 'them' and 'us'

Yes - You may well be right. As I said earlier it appears out of touch and simply a money spinning, nose in trough rip-off especially when there are many a small business or cladding flat owners etc. which would really be grateful for £30,000 or even £300 and the money much better spent.

I think he is done for even before Cummings (and Sturgeon) have their full revenge.

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

nine rolls of Sainsburys Aloe Vera Supersoft at £3.35p is a decent offer at the moment.

Is it 'fern pressed'?

25 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Only if you rub too hard.

I think Starmer clearly rubbed him up the wrong way today - drew blood - guess he swapped out the loo paper for sandpaper (course).

Its always a small matter when its the Tories. Anyone else and its a hanging offence. And while we can admit SKS is a waste of time, Tory boys can't bring themselves to admit Johnson is the worst ever PM and his lies make Blair like George Washington.

The fact is the fool is out of his depth and his flippant remarks may well be OK in the public school dormitories but are not in his position.

And the fact that he has been caught lying again is just one more to add to the total.

He can't hide behind the vaccine roll out much longer.

Moy was always blaming Brown for the 2008 collapse because it happened on his watch. So this fool has much to answer for.

I think SKS showed what he is good at today. Clear, forensic and unflustered. I think we'd all prefer him to give them a good verbal battering that they deserve but it's not his style and something we have to get used to for the forseeable future. Slow and steady yes, but he has set a few traps today that Johnson walked into easily.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think SKS showed what he is good at today. Clear, forensic and unflustered. I think we'd all prefer him to give them a good verbal battering that they deserve but it's not his style and something we have to get used to for the forseeable future. Slow and steady yes, but he has set a few traps today that Johnson walked into easily.

Spot on H! Starmer now has him on record making claims in parliament that will soon come back to doom him. I bet Rishi, with his billionaire father-in-law, is already planning too get rid of the "cheap crap" that Boris sold his soul for.

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

I can't see him getting much of a pasting over wallpaper.😀

51 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I can't see him getting much of a pasting over wallpaper.😀

Just papering over the cracks.

I thought you woodchip in😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Just papering over the cracks.

I thought you woodchip in😁

Wood chip 😁 Or a nice Anaglypta😁

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

My mother in law was called Vera, if only I had known this was available 😂

Edited by Van wink