A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

14 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

The fool.really does need a carer

It's been well documented that he can't manage to brush his teeth without the guidance of "Nanny"

12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

It's been well documented that he can't manage to brush his teeth without the guidance of "Nanny"

Nanny Whip

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/scotland-news/nicola-sturgeon-faces-fight-to-save-career-over-finding-that-she-misled-parliament/ar-BB1eJpF4?ocid=msedgntp

The Scottish Tories are calling for Sturgeon to resign as she has breached the ministerial code. The one big problem they have with that, of course, is that they were rather silent about calling for Preeti Patel to resign when she was found guilty of breaching the ministerial code. And I don't remember them voicing their outrage when Johnson refused to sack her for breaching the ministerial code. And there in a nutshell is the problem of having someone like Johnson as leader, someone that Peter Oborne and Max Hastings (very right-wing commentators) described as unfit to govern. Johnson has refused to acknowledge the authority of the ministerial code, and has lied in parliament on several occasions but refused to apologise for that misleading behaviour despite requests from the Speaker. When the PM of the UK sets such an egregious example regarding integrity in public office it should be no surprise that ethical standards are dropping like a stone thrown from a mountain top.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Nanny Whip

Haha! I expect his favourite moments in his parliamentary life are when he gets whipped.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://news.sky.com/story/ew-army-special-operations-ranger-regiment-to-take-on-high-threat-missions-overseas-after-integrated-review-12251093

A new Ranger Regiment is being set up to complement the expertise of the SAS and take on "high threat" missions overseas.

I was hoping for Space Force UK. 😀

I too read the comic "Battle" as a young boy. Seems I moved on from it and Ben Wallace hasn't. I don't get the feeling Russia and China will be quaking in their boots. And I don't think the SAS are likely to be particularly impressed either.

19 minutes ago, Herman said:

Nails it.😀

Just surprised he didn't go for the standard Tory lie that everything is due to Labour causing the financial crash in 2008. Perhaps he just forgot.

Johnson's explanation for the success of the vaccine roll-out:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-johnson-faces-barrage-of-criticism-for-claiming-greed-is-behind-covid-vaccine-success/ar-BB1eTkU4?ocid=msedgntp

So not brilliant scientists, excellent NHS staff, and dedicated volunteers then. Is his suggestion that the EU too should be motivated by greed and raw capitalism? I thought he was appealing to them to do the very opposite. Crass stupidity of the first order.

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Johnson's explanation for the success of the vaccine roll-out:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-johnson-faces-barrage-of-criticism-for-claiming-greed-is-behind-covid-vaccine-success/ar-BB1eTkU4?ocid=msedgntp

So not brilliant scientists, excellent NHS staff, and dedicated volunteers then. Is his suggestion that the EU too should be motivated by greed and raw capitalism? I thought he was appealing to them to do the very opposite. Crass stupidity of the first order.

He seems to trying to fill the void left by Trump for making completely untrue and obnoxious comments.

Given that that they both are thickos with massive egos, huge sense of entitlement and some very nasty and extreme right wing views then I suppose it's just what we've come to expect from the contemptible idiot.

• Like 2

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/china-sanctions-boris-johnson-praises-mps-censured-by-beijing-for-shining-a-light-on-human-rights-abuses/ar-BB1eYEs8?ocid=msedgntp

China sanctions: Boris Johnson praises MPs censured by Beijing for ‘shining a light’ on human rights abuses

Boris Johnson today hailed MPs sanctioned by China and praised their role in “shining a light on the gross human rights violations being perpetrated against Uyghur Muslims”.

The Prime Minister stressed that he stood “firmly with them” and other British citizens targeted by Beijing in ****-for-tat restrictions.

As relations between the UK and China hit a new low, Mr Johnson tweeted: “The MPs and other British citizens sanctioned by China today are performing a vital role shining a light on the gross human rights violations being perpetrated against Uyghur Muslims.

“Freedom to speak out in opposition to abuse is fundamental and I stand firmly with them.”Mr Tugendhat added: “Attempting to silence those elected by the British people is a direct assault of British democracy and our sovereignty.”

Spot on guys! Now perhaps you would like to explain why you voted for an extremely repressive bill undermining the right of UK citizens to protest peacefully. Awarding your government powers to criminalise protests on utterly spurious grounds, such as the noise generated, is precisely an attempt to "silence" the sort of criticism of government that you find so egregious in the case of China. Blatant hypocracy like this once used to be a source of shame, but as we have seen on a daily basis "honour" is not a virtue that troubles the conscience of this Tory rabble.

• Thanks 1

So isn't it nice to know that Saudi Arabia must have cleaned up its act after a couple of mumbles about their lack of human rights or democracy in Parliament.

Old King Salman must have shat himself.

• Like 1

Now, what was it Raab got caught out saying the other day? Something to do with the need to trade with countries that have bad human rights records I believe. Seems to have conveniently changed his mind today (only for today no doubt, back to normal tomorrow).

I wonder how much will be shelved because of Covid? Not HS2.

Crossrail is advertising opening up the South East at a cost of nearly £18 billion and still rising.

Yet HS2 is costing twice that to take people out of the South East.

Edited by keelansgrandad

A ringing endorsement of Boris from his then deputy at the Foreign Office. Funny how those that work closely with him typically describe him as a buffoon and unfit to govern:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/embarrassing-buffoon-boris-johnson-blasted-by-former-deputy-in-published-diary-entries/ar-BB1fgnUJ?ocid=msedgntp

"Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister, has been described as an “embarrassing buffoon” by a former MP who served as his deputy in the Foreign Office.

Ex-Rutland and Melton MP Sir Alan Duncan served as minister for Europe and the Americas for three years until July 2019, leaving the Commons ahead of the last general election.

In the memoir, titled In The Thick of It, Duncan claims his former boss “despises” then-PM Theresa May and that he “seems to have embarked on a reckless journey into oblivion”.

“He is a clown, a self-centred ego, an embarrassing buffoon, with an untidy mind and sub-zero diplomatic judgement. He is an international stain on our reputation. He is a lonely, selfish, ill-disciplined, shambolic, shameless clot,”

image.png

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

A ringing endorsement of Boris from his then deputy at the Foreign Office. Funny how those that work closely with him typically describe him as a buffoon and unfit to govern:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/embarrassing-buffoon-boris-johnson-blasted-by-former-deputy-in-published-diary-entries/ar-BB1fgnUJ?ocid=msedgntp

"Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister, has been described as an “embarrassing buffoon” by a former MP who served as his deputy in the Foreign Office.

Ex-Rutland and Melton MP Sir Alan Duncan served as minister for Europe and the Americas for three years until July 2019, leaving the Commons ahead of the last general election.

In the memoir, titled In The Thick of It, Duncan claims his former boss “despises” then-PM Theresa May and that he “seems to have embarked on a reckless journey into oblivion”.

“He is a clown, a self-centred ego, an embarrassing buffoon, with an untidy mind and sub-zero diplomatic judgement. He is an international stain on our reputation. He is a lonely, selfish, ill-disciplined, shambolic, shameless clot,”

image.png

Apart from omitting to mention that he is a serial liar, Alan Duncan seems to have summed up Johnson perfectly 😂

A few weeks back Johnson and co were decrying the abuse women faced at the hands of men:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/mp-who-pestered-intern-to-undergo-training-for-unacceptable-conduct/ar-BB1frONs?ocid=msedgntp

A Tory MP who invited a 21-year-old female intern to 'fool around' with him will not be kicked out of the party.

But Rob Roberts will have to undergo training for his 'unacceptable' conduct, his party said.

The 41-year-old MP for Delyn in North Wales made the comments in a series of messages in April last year. 

He told the intern working in Parliament that she had 'lovely legs' and asked her not to ignore him 'when I'm making you feel better'. 

And he said that in future she might want to 'fool around with no strings, you might come and visit me in London'.

I wonder what the training will involve; "How to lie about your affairs and abuse and get away with it" - by BJ

8 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I wonder what the training will involve; "How to lie about your affairs and abuse and get away with it" - by BJ

150419029.jpgimage.jpeg.ddd6fde04f36fbada79c6c15238b47bb.jpeg

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bill said:

150419029.jpgimage.jpeg.ddd6fde04f36fbada79c6c15238b47bb.jpeg

A proper fate for a randy abusive gammon.

Mind you, how an attractive 21 year-old intern could resist this charming Adonis almost defies belief:

a man wearing a suit and tie: MailOnline logo

Edited by horsefly

New Tory Leader ? There may well be one soon, when even Murdoch's papers turn on you.

Enough Said.jpg

9 hours ago, Herman said:

Who is right? David or David?

David Allen Green usually talks a lot of sense but IMO he has called this one completely wrongly.

Never mind just the past 10 years, whilst Cameron was PM he was unquestionably the worst PM in living memory, if not ever.

But quite incredibly the Tories have managed to produce two more leaders, each one even worse than their predecessor  - let's hope for all our sakes that the truly dreadful Johnson is the last in that particular sequence.

So David Schneider all day long for me on this question.

• Thanks 2

It's a tougher one than at first glance.I understand where DAG is coming from as all roads lead from Cameron's awfulness and terrible policy making but I struggle to get past Johnson's general moral corruption. I wouldn't have May as the worst as she was weak, but then I am reminded of her time as a racist and nasty Home Sec, which also lead to a lot of problems down the line.(Patel has taken over the mantle as worst HS though.)

One thing is certain, history will judge the most derided PM, Gordon Brown, far more kindly than these three.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

It's a tougher one than at first glance.I understand where DAG is coming from as all roads lead from Cameron's awfulness and terrible policy making but I struggle to get past Johnson's general moral corruption. I wouldn't have May as the worst as she was weak, but then I am reminded of her time as a racist and nasty Home Sec, which also lead to a lot of problems down the line.(Patel has taken over the mantle as worst HS though.)

One thing is certain, history will judge the most derided PM, Gordon Brown, far more kindly than these three.

One thing that stands out to me as being common to all three, apart from just being all-round abysmal PMs, is that all three governed almost entirely according to what they saw as being in the Tory party's interest with no regard for the national interest whatsoever. In this regard TM was just as bad, and actually probably worse, than Cameron and Johnson.

Dare I suggest that Johnson didn't even have the Tory party's best interests at heart? 😉

• Like 3