A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Oh dear, how sad, nevermind. Bozo on every front page. Even his propaganda wing. 

17 hours ago, Jools said:

Really! 😀

In 2019, Peston falsely claimed a Labour activist punched a Conservative adviser - Peston had multiple sources then 🤪  And how about the false stories and multiple sources in 2009 that led to the collapse of Northern Rock...

Peston, is more a Lefty activist than a journo.

Peston was only confirming a Daily Mail story, and the confirmations from others have flooded in. You obviously haven't learned that in any situation involved Boris Johnson the wise default position is to not trust a word he says.

The other question is why did Johnson's chief of staff, who is a busy man, make time in his crowded schedule  a couple of weeks ago for a meeting with the chief executive of Manchester United Football Club. I cannot offhand think of any urgent footballing issues that might have political implications...

Gosh the papers this morning - even the Tory Red Tops - can't think of a worst set of 'headlines' for Johnson or frankly any leader. The sharks can all smell blood in the water and they're all circling.

And it only goes downhill from here.

• Haha 1

Just been listening to a phone in on Radio Cornwall. Caller asked if he thinks Johnson has done anything wrong? Oh no he said, its all a fuss about nothing. He has done nothing wrong.

Later when asked if he was voting in the local.election, he said No, waste of time, Councillors are only out for what they can get!

Some people should not be allowed the vote because of sheer stupidity.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jools said:

And that's how the Conservatives got an 80 seat majority  🤣

Don't give up the day job.. 🤣😂🤣

So Herman's one vote resulted in an 80 seat majority for the Tories did it? Ask nursey to up your number of pills, it clearly couldn't do any more harm to that raddled brain remnant squatting inside your skull.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Some people should not be allowed the vote because of sheer stupidity.

First they came for the stupid.😉

The usual commentary by Marina Hyde - as ever on the money (to use a turn of phrase)...the allowance is £30,000 per YEAR but £200k has been spent.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/27/decor-home-economics-johnson-no-10-flat-refurb

A snippet here....

The prime minister and his fiancee didn’t think such a rule was for them, and here we are. As indicated, they are not exactly helped by the backdrop against which all this was taking place. It seems pretty grotesque that while Johnson was delivering hard-nosed little homilies about why he couldn’t extend free school meals, he himself was indulging in truly fecklesss luxury interiors spending.

Edited by sonyc
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, sonyc said:

The usual commentary by Marina Hyde - as ever on the money (to use a turn of phrase)...the allowance is £30,000 per YEAR but £200k has been spent.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/27/decor-home-economics-johnson-no-10-flat-refurb

A snippet here....

The prime minister and his fiancee didn’t think such a rule was for them, and here we are. As indicated, they are not exactly helped by the backdrop against which all this was taking place. It seems pretty grotesque that while Johnson was delivering hard-nosed little homilies about why he couldn’t extend free school meals, he himself was indulging in truly fecklesss luxury interiors spending.

Sounds more like Animal Farm everyday.

Arh the little people.  Never mind, penny for the guy.

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

A snippet here....

The Blairs spent £875,000 on decorating no 10 during their time in office

Boris Johnson. The only guy who could ever answer the question of whether the fridge light stays on or not when you close the door, and you can't trust a flipping word he says.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Boris Johnson. The only guy who could ever answer the question of whether the fridge light stays on or not when you close the door, and you can't trust a flipping word he says.

The incredible thing about this latest outrage is that it is probably not even in the top 10 of bad things he has done (or said)!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I reckon Maggie just got Dennis to give it a go over with some Flash and  mop.

I think they called in Barry Scott😎

Why any prime minister would want to spend money above their generous allowance on  No. 10 or 11, when they  are only an election, scandal or stab in the back away from getting evicted baffles me 

But if they have money to burn, I guess it's up to them 

If they are a bit strapped for cash, then I would question their suitability to make sensible decisions 

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man
Added "election"

13 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

The Blairs spent £875,000 on decorating no 10 during their time in office

What a surprise, another pathetic and obvious lie from you know who. According to the Mail article (helpfully posted by Sonyc) the Blairs spent well below the £30,000 a year limit.

Edited by horsefly

BJ's form for breaching the ministerial code, and failure to declare his financial interests:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/when-has-boris-johnson-broken-the-ministerial-code-in-the-past/ar-BB1g7qML?ocid=msedgdhp

However, Mr Johnson has previously fallen foul of the ministerial code. In 2019, the cross-party parliamentary committee for standards carried out an inquiry into Mr Johnson over a late registration of financial interests.

The inquiry found that Mr Johnson – who was not yet prime minister at the time – was late to register financial interests on two properties.

He was three months late in registering joint ownership of a property in London in 2017, and 11 months late registering his shared interest in a property in Somerset in 2019.

The report said: “Should we conclude in future that Mr Johnson has committed any further breaches of the rules on registration, we will regard this as a matter which may call for more serious sanction.”

It has been claimed that the Conservative Party secretly approved paying the £58,000 bill as long as nine months ago. According to a leaked email, the payment was covered by a Tory donor.

The former civil service chief today warned Boris Johnson that prime ministers must “set an example” and “abide by the rules” as required under the ministerial code.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/boris-johnson-told-aides-he-could-not-afford-downing-street-flat-refurb/ar-BB1g7rX2?ocid=msedgdhp

Boris Johnson reportedly told aides he could not afford the revamp of his Downing Street flat as the costs started to spiral.

image.png

Edited by horsefly

To those that bother to pay attention none of these revelations about Johnson are shocking. We've all known that he is a dreadful human being, just some pretend he is worthy of their support.

Just listening to Shapps and he is saying, does not matter what he has done, it should be put into context he rolled out the vaccine.

Maybe if we rob a bank if we have a vaccination after, the offence will be ignored.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

To those that bother to pay attention none of these revelations about Johnson are shocking. We've all known that he is a dreadful human being, just some pretend he is worthy of their support.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Just listening to Shapps and he is saying, does not matter what he has done, it should be put into context he rolled out the vaccine.

Maybe if we rob a bank if we have a vaccination after, the offence will be ignored.

Sadly this is what upsets me most about how far we've fallen as a country.  

Many seem happy with a deceitful fool in charge. 

2 hours ago, Herman said:

The point I was making previously Herman, his poor character is already factored in. I’ve no idea if the works to number 10 is going to strike a note with the public, but surely if the Government is to be held to account it’s in the awarding of contracts that’s  the real biggy. Presumably the opposition feel that there is more mileage in the refurb?

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

The point I was making previously Herman, his poor character is already factored in. I’ve no idea if the works to number 10 is going to strike a note with the public, but surely if the Government is to be held to account it’s in the awarding of contracts that’s  the real biggy. Presumably the opposition feel that there is more mileage in the refurb?

You are certainly correct VW but we have now already left the realms of a serious country with politicians at least trying to maintain standards - We look increasingly like an old mired in corruption Italian government or frankly worse.

However, I guess it comes down in these social media days to what mishap will finger him/them most. 

All I do know is that Putin, Jinping etc. and other authoritarian leaders are now laughing in disbelief at how easily and how far the UKs' reputation for integrity and standards of political behavior has fallen. Can it ever be recovered?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Hi VW

To me it’s not the fact that these things happened, I guess even the queen would break the rules at times, it’s the fact that he openly lies about it and worse still others who must know the truth lie on his behalf. 
I am as you will be aware I am sure a Conservative voter, but I was brought up and my children brought up not to lie, even if the truth was difficult. How do I tell our youngest son ( 16 ) that you should not lie, when this behaviour is just accepted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Yes, that is the greater scandal, but it is a complicated issue and hard to pin down and explain. Whereas the refurb is much simpler and easier - literally - to illustrate. It is a variant on the 'Only the little people pay taxes' V-sign to the electorate. It is only the little people, the suckers, who have to spend only what they can afford.