A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

6 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I'm no fan, but his calm demeanor is somewhat different to any Tory MP I've seen speak on TV recently, except for maybe a couple of others.

Yes, he certainly comes across as an able politician

32 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its been easy for him. Any 10th grade student could work out the plans for the economy were actually the reverse of what was needed.

Full reverse to 2015 and start over.

26 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Yes, he certainly comes across as an able politician

If you can turn a considerable blind eye to the fact that he has ballsed up every senior government position he has had. His resume includes his disgraceful conduct over the BSkyB affair and driving Junior Doctors to industrial action. He's a useless ****. Barely more capable than Truss. But anyone looks capable next to her, see the point I was making re Starmer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

Has done so far, FTSE up £ up and more importantly cost of gilts down.

10:yr Gilt Yields now below US Fed.

3.95%

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

10:yr Gilt Yields now below US Fed.

3.95%

Indeed millions of young people with mortgages and more senior citizens nearing retirement have had their lives turned upside down, all because of a ridiculous mini budget. It will take several years for those to get their lives back on track. World events we were told ? The citizens of the U.K. no longer believe in Trumpism.

So is Penny Morden giving her political career a great boost by answering calmly anything thrown at her, or in complete ruin for backing the PM and defending her policies. 

Edited by Well b back
  • Like 1

Anyone have any ideas what this serious thing is as to why our Lizzy cannot attend Parliament. Is she on the way to see the King ? I do doubt it but I am intrigued.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Anyone have any ideas what this serious thing is as to why our Lizzy cannot attend Parliament. Is she on the way to see the King ? I do doubt it but I am intrigued.

Hunt has just turned up so we will find out in a few minutes.

"The lady's not for turning up!"

Oof!

I prefer my description of the "Scrap Iron Lady" but yeah, that one's pretty cutting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Johnson spin mode on.

Superlative, world beating, record breaking, spiffing....

Marvellous, after losing it somewhere my sense of schadenfreude has come roaring back.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Liz is blinking at about 180 bpm. 🤪🤣

Apples

Hepped up on goofballs. Whacked out on Scooby snacks??

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Herman said:

Lots of rumours bouncing around. She does look like she is under medication - I posted before that she just looks like someone who might have a nervous breakdown. It is very odd her attending / not attending and asking another minister to do PMQs. I'm guessing she has lost a lot of confidence after her terrible and far-reaching actions. 

One rumour is that she is to resign tonight or tomorrow with a GE for December. Another is that she is suffering some disorder/ has personal reasons which means "sadly" she must step down.

Who knows. It never started well with the immediate death of the monarch so soon after she was officially sworn in. Her Premiership just isn't starred. Of course she never should have been voted in. But when you read about those voters who backed her you realise how rubbish their processes are. Likewise when Corbyn got in I suppose. 

What damage has been done! And just what shocking judgement all round - her being voted in and her ideological ERG-like stance and the Britannia Unchained boll***s. 

This tweet makes for an interesting viewpoint regarding my last point.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Herman said:

If I didn't know what Hunt was talking about I would look like that as well

• Haha 2

Labour MP Jess Phillips says she feels "a tiny bit gaslit" by the fact that Hunt is being complimented "as if the last four weeks have not happened".

2 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Liz is blinking at about 180 bpm. 🤪🤣

Apples

She must be on drugs.

Legal ones no doubt but she's totally spaced out and expressionless. She's on death row politically and it can only be matter of time before they put her out of her misery

• Like 2

The more they keep u-turning and annoying everyone, the better the chances there will be a GE called sooner than planned and we can then get rid of this lot.

The poll up there simply proves that they are indeed doing that. The biggest gap since 1997 with any polling company makes damning reading for any Tory voter, as we all know full well what happened that year.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Been huffing too much latex at one of her BDSM parties?

Shes clealy not in a good state of mind that's to say the least

24 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

She must be on drugs.

Legal ones no doubt but she's totally spaced out and expressionless. She's on death row politically and it can only be matter of time before they put her out of her misery

That could well be why she wasn't allowed to face any questions...she couldn't answer them normally, let alone if she were on the jellies. 🤣

Apples

Just now, Mr Apples said:

That could well be why she wasn't allowed to face any questions...she couldn't answer them normally, let alone if she were on the jellies. 🤣

Apples

That sounds very plausible although if that's the case why turn up in the Commons at all today ?

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

That sounds very plausible although if that's the case why turn up in the Commons at all today ?

Perhaps she needed to ask Gove how to level things up and improve her mood? 🤔😝🤣

Apples

• Haha 1

Truss has certainly screwed the country (and the Tory party) over.

Key event could be the next Bank of England rate meeting on November 3rd. Previously the markets had priced in a rate rise of 0.75-1.00%, with the bank hinting it might be bigger after the turmoil.

So assuming that Truss quits, and that the candidates agree amongst themselves who the next leader would be, which is probably a Sunak/Mordaunt joint ticket with Sunak as PM and Mordaunt as Home or Foreign Secretary.

So politically, if you're Sunak, do you let the Bank have a high rate rise, and blame the pain on Truss and try to cling on and claw the Tory reputation back, or try to lean on them to make it smaller? 

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Crikey, the lights are on but the only thing more vacant than her facial expression will be the PM's chair soon.

18 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Crikey, the lights are on but the only thing more vacant than her facial expression will be the PM's chair soon.

I know I shouldn't after what they have done but I am starting to feel sorry for her. Something ain't right there. 

28 minutes ago, Herman said:

I know I shouldn't after what they have done but I am starting to feel sorry for her. Something ain't right there. 

I think she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and as much as I despair at the chaos she has caused, I would not wish that on her. It actually might be time to lay off her, as the pressure must be horrendous. 

• Like 2