A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

The clowns head of policy has resigned because of the Jimmy Saville comment ( see link ). His world is slowly falling apart. I see the Chancellor in his speech in the questions has said ‘ ask the PM it’s nothing I would have said ‘. That’s a telling response.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60250036

I'm left inclined but I got the feeling Sunak was making a job application. He handled the press incredibly well. It felt very strange listening to the radio carefully rather than screaming at it. 

• Like 1

Talking of the Argentina - Hitler theory, I would love it if Mel Brooks did a Boris Johnson version of his Hitler Rap from 1983.

That ended with a line referencing the theory and in turn, it reminded me of that song (“Auf wiedersehn, nice to see you. I have a one way ticket to Argentina”).

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It bears repeating that apparently in a PMQ practice session Johnson used the Savile line, or said he wanted to, and was told very firmly not to. That it was a really bad idea. But then when it came to the real thing he went ahead. And even his 'apology' today smacks of a sixth-form debating society, saying ''a lot of people have got very hot under the collar.''

This does start to look terminal. Despite being in the cabinet Sunak has effectively said he won't go on being sullied by having to defend Johnson. Other minsters are likely to follow that lead.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Breaking News

Doyle the clowns director of communications has just resigned. Is the clown getting rid of them or is he sunk ?

Four quitting. Though 'bring your own booze' Martin Reynolds is just going back to the Foreign Office.

Only they will know their real motivations, but they would have been, or about to be interviewed by the police over the various parties at Downing Street so quitting now and finding another job may limit the fallout to their careers.

I think the last Smashy&Nicey Harry Enfield sketch had the DJs rushing to the media so they could announce they were resigning before the station could announce they'd been sacked.

14 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Following the awful murder of David Amess, the by election for Southend West is today

Most of the larger parties have not stood, but there is a seriously impressive collection of racists, right wing nutters, little Englanders and freaks who have gone up against the Tory candidate 

Thankfully, the Tory is nailed on to win

Only 24% turnout.

Edited by Herman

8 hours ago, Well b back said:

At least Sunaks moving costs will be low, maybe he can walk his stuff next door with no cost to the taxpayer.

He'll need to buy a wallpaper steamer to get rid of the middle-eastern brothel look.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Only 24% turnout.

Apparently spoilt papers(1000 approximately), came second. 

• Haha 1

Ministers have been briefed to say that it shows Johnson is following up on his promise to sort out No.10.

A cynic might think it's more likely that these five all attended one or more of the parties held in No.10 so are getting out under their terms before they're pushed.

Or maybe it's just as the five are telling it - but truth and No.10 aren't words you normally find in the same sentence.

• Like 1

So 7 times he was told he was not telling the truth and on seven different dates he repeated the incorrect information. His lips moved again he lied.

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

24%. That's shocking. Is it more out of respect to David Amess' memory, or more indicative of voter apathy...

A bit of both I think.

13 hours ago, Well b back said:

At least Sunaks moving costs will be low, maybe he can walk his stuff next door with no cost to the taxpayer.

Then the question if you keep the Boris Johnsons decor or not

Edited by KiwiScot

20 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

His family is worth well over £1 billion,  do don't get wealth like that by changing the wall paper every five minutes😉

Back to the bad old days. Calls for people to moderate wage claims to help keep costs down. Boom and Bust seems to still attract the world's economies.

53 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

A smart inflation hedge, gold always holds it price😉

You only have to scrape the wallpaper when things get a bit tight.

Edited by ricardo

Their gearing us up for another round of austerity. Low waged shouldn't ask for a pay rise. Tighten our belts. Live within our means etc. I wouldn't mind if these parasites stopped throwing money away or turning a blind eye to corruption. 

26 minutes ago, ricardo said:

A smart inflation hedge, gold always holds it price😉

You only have to scrape the wallpaper when things get a bit tight.

Any teeth?

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Back to the bad old days. Calls for people to moderate wage claims to help keep costs down. Boom and Bust seems to still attract the world's economies.

So the governor of the Bank of England, on a wage of £495,000, tells the poor not to ask for a wage rise to mitigate astronomical increases in the cost of living, in a week the government just voted for large tax cuts for the banks. I guess PR is not one of this government's strengths.