Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

Delia and Michael, certainly good fans of ours

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Twenty-five years on the terraces before I could afford a season ticket👍

Then another 42 sitting in comfort😀

So you are of Charlie Billington vintage too Rickyyyyyy. 

I Admire them for what they have done 

They saved the club when needed but as life ups and downs they have taken us to the Brink Money a couple of times 

Had some great Managers some great Memories and i do Not think we could have had better owners over the years ,

BUT (sorry nutty ) i think when their Reign and it has been good is over they should let Another Person buy the club and see if they can do better the same as when they got the chance to Buy the club 

it is their shares and they can do what they want but to hand them to someone with less money than themselves , i do not understand how that is in the best interests of the club 

Don’t deny they are fans who care about the club but which of us wouldn’t fancy a jolly to watch the pre season games in the same situation and who wouldn’t prefer an owner who cares with financial clout to an owner who cares a lot with no financial clout?

would be interesting to know if they pay for stuff like this. 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

They saved the club when needed but as life ups and downs they have taken us to the Brink Money a couple of times 

Had some great Managers some great Memories and i do Not think we could have had better owners over the years ,

BUT (sorry nutty ) i think when their Reign and it has been good is over they should let Another Person buy the club and see if they can do better the same as when they got the chance to Buy the club 

it is their shares and they can do what they want but to hand them to someone with less money than themselves , i do not understand how that is in the best interests of the club 

I don't know why you're sorry Norfolk. Yours is a valid view. We've had this conversation for years now and I hope mine is valid too. Anyway I like spinach and marmite sandwiches but I'm not sorry if you don't 🙃

We could get new owners and better ourselves. We could get new owners and never even get close to what we have achieved in the last ten years. The wealth of the owner seems to matter less than you think as you can see from my list which is no way exhaustive. The list suggests the odds are against us doing better but you'd probably still roll the dice.

All these owners had the wealth and ambition you crave for. A lot of them were at clubs with greater histories than ours. Yet they couldn't hold a candle to Smith and Jones achievements. Perhaps you know why?

Anyway, good stuff as always buddy. Would you like to make the Norwich final picks for the Huddersfield game?

While I'm here...

@Crafty Canary how's your  cocked hat doing?

Edited by nutty nigel

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Don’t deny they are fans who care about the club but which of us wouldn’t fancy a jolly to watch the pre season games in the same situation and who wouldn’t prefer an owner who cares with financial clout to an owner who cares a lot with no financial clout?

would be interesting to know if they pay for stuff like this. 

I think it came out of your away membership Jimbo...

22 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

One rule for them and one rule for the fans , they get to watch the team live but we don’t 

pretty poor if you ask me 

Two eighty year olds who are in the most vunerable group of the population travel abroad in the middle of a pandemic. Irresponsible in my book and makes you wonder what their travel insurance premium was.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Two eighty year olds who are in the most vunerable group of the population travel abroad in the middle of a pandemic. Irresponsible in my book and makes you wonder what their travel insurance premium was.

Absolute disgrace they should hang their heads in shame 

Does that come out of Jimbo's away membership too? 😡😠😤

• Haha 1

Yeah, two people travel to a place that they are fully allowed to go to. How dare they.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

And this is the main issue we have with The Stowmarket Two! Their shares are to be 'transferred' (we understand) or bequeathed in their wills is another possibility,  to the nephew. Where is the objective assessment and working through other options that should have been the precursor to said decision if they were TRULY acting in the best interests of the club??   Their intention is obvious even to a blind man I would have thought in that they intend to 'keep it in the family'!

4 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

And this is the main issue we have with The Stowmarket Two! Their shares are to be 'transferred' (we understand) or bequeathed in their wills is another possibility,  to the nephew. Where is the objective assessment and working through other options that should have been the precursor to said decision if they were TRULY acting in the best interests of the club??   Their intention is obvious even to a blind man I would have thought in that they intend to 'keep it in the family'!

If you were - comparatively to 'normal people - very well off but a large portion of your wealth was tied up in an organisation, wouldn't you want to leave that to a family member, so that they could benefit from that?

14 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

The whole point is that the amount of money a shareholder has is irrelevant in our model because the club is designed to run itself within the finances it can generate through tv money/ticket sales/player sales etc.   Wealth of the shareholders doesn't come into the equation at all - and would only in a dire financial emergency.....which is the very thing we are set up to avoid.  So it's all good.  

They must be the only club owners in history over all time who are continually judged by something that hadn't happened yet. And in past cases never did happen.

Imagine there's no future, it's easy if you try....

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The whole point is that the amount of money a shareholder has is irrelevant in our model because the club is designed to run itself within the finances it can generate through tv money/ticket sales/player sales etc.   Wealth of the shareholders doesn't come into the equation at all - and would only in a dire financial emergency.....which is the very thing we are set up to avoid.  So it's all good.  

In which case, if we are truly "self funded" why not leave all shares to the fans in the form of a trust... 

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

In which case, if we are truly "self funded" why not leave all shares to the fans in the form of a trust... 

Because you would obviously give away an asset of significant value of yours for nothing, instead of leaving it to your nearest and dearest?

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

They must be the only club owners in history over all time who are continually judged by something that hadn't happened yet. And in past cases never did happen.

Imagine there's no future, it's easy if you try....

They must be the only club owners in history to have 4 relegations including to the third tier under their belts and yet be held up as some mystical beings who are the only ones able to run our club. To me they are just custodians of our club and it will be here after they have gone. They seem nice people and have done a lot of good but its the club I support not the Stowmarket Two. Imagine a better future, its there to be achieved...

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Because you would obviously give away an asset of significant value of yours for nothing, instead of leaving it to your nearest and dearest?

I certainly wouldn't leave a club I loved to a family member, I would 100% look to find someone far more qualified. At least we can agree that its more self interest than club interest now, which is good.

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I certainly wouldn't leave a club I loved to a family member, I would 100% look to find someone far more qualified. At least we can agree that its more self interest than club interest now, which is good.

I am not arrogant enough to believe I know if it is self interest or the best interest in the club. It could be either, both or something else entirely, I do not sufficiently know to comment. I only comment on the stupid suggestion that an asset of significant value is simply given away.

10 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

They must be the only club owners in history to have 4 relegations including to the third tier under their belts and yet be held up as some mystical beings who are the only ones able to run our club. To me they are just custodians of our club and it will be here after they have gone. They seem nice people and have done a lot of good but its the club I support not the Stowmarket Two. Imagine a better future, its there to be achieved...

Yes but is that success or failure?

Marcus Evans has one relegation. Does that make him more four times more successful?

How do they stack up against that list of owners I left for you?

Edited by nutty nigel
Never replied yesterday
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

So you are of Charlie Billington vintage too Rickyyyyyy. 

Remember him well

Unfortunately😉

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Hahaha what? Irresponsible on what basis? They've not broken any rules. What on earth is this?!

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Oh how conveniently you left out all of the corresponding promotions from your argument!   This club you support, feel free to embrace the positive outcomes too.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Remember him well

Unfortunately😉

Did you know Wynnie is the cause of those memories?

Before moving to Norwich Wynnie was taken to Aldershot where Charles Royston Billington was strutting his stuff. Wynnie and his dad came to Norwich to get away from Charlie. You'll never guess what happened...

17 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

They must also be the only club owners in history who consistently exceed and over perform against a long list of richer owners season after season and still have the same group of fans desperate for someone else with loads of money to come in?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Wouldn't they have been in the bio-secure bubble? Like the cricketers and like the support staff for football clubs? Are there not all kinds of protocols in place? And who cares that they are approaching their eighties? Just a right to a life as anyone else haven't they?

Edited by sonyc

13 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I certainly wouldn't leave a club I loved to a family member, I would 100% look to find someone far more qualified.

I think he's serving his apprenticeship right now so by the time he takes over he'll be fully qualified for the job.

Much more so than some mega rich chancer.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Because the value of the shares belongs to them and their family. Why should they give the club or the fans shares that cost them £8m of their own wealth?  It is their money.

7 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

I think he's serving his apprenticeship right now so by the time he takes over he'll be fully qualified for the job.

Much more so than some mega rich chancer.

He's been a member of the board for 4 years, he's probably seen more ups and downs of running a football club than most, certainly qualified for the job.

45 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I am not arrogant enough to believe I know if it is self interest or the best interest in the club. It could be either, both or something else entirely, I do not sufficiently know to comment. I only comment on the stupid suggestion that an asset of significant value is simply given away.

So you don't know but feel qualified to pronounce others stupidity... ok...

26 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He's been a member of the board for 4 years, he's probably seen more ups and downs of running a football club than most, certainly qualified for the job.

But what does he actually do, what does he get paid to do on a daily basis?