Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Cup Game v Luton

So players not on international duty, not suspended or currently injured are;

McCracken, Mumba, Klose, Zimmermann, Hanley, Quintilla, McCallum, Sitti, Tettey, Rupp, Vrancic, Dowell, Stiepermann, Hernandez, Martin, Hugill

18 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

So players not on international duty, not suspended or currently injured are;

McCracken, Mumba, Klose, Zimmermann, Hanley, Quintilla, McCallum, Sitti, Tettey, Rupp, Vrancic, Dowell, Stiepermann, Hernandez, Martin, Hugill

And Barden, he'll be in goal.

Was beginning to panic when I saw U21 call ups, but the remainders don't look too bad a squad; I'm assuming Luton will have lost a few as well.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Was beginning to panic when I saw U21 call ups, but the remainders don't look too bad a squad; I'm assuming Luton will have lost a few as well.

Don't think they will have lost anyone really - maybe their keeper but their squad is pretty much entirely English and don't think they are troubling Southgate's squad.

5 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

And Barden, he'll be in goal.

Didnt he get called up to a Wales u21/19 squad.

I'm presuming we'll be back to seven substitutes after the lockdown flirtation with nine?

Barden
Mumba Zimmermann Hanley Quintilla
Rupp Tettey
Dowell Stiepermann Hernandez
Hugill

McCracken, Klose, McCallum, Sitti, Vrancic, Martin... then I guess Dennis or Adshead for the final spot? That doesn't look like a threadbare squad to me, plenty of decent players in there.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm presuming we'll be back to seven substitutes after the lockdown flirtation with nine?

Barden
Rupp Tettey
Hugill

McCracken, Klose, McCallum, Sitti, Vrancic, Martin... then I guess Dennis or Adshead for the final spot? That doesn't look like a threadbare squad to me, plenty of decent players in there.

Does go to show how strong our squad actually is that we can still put out that eleven with 15 players missing. 

Although at first I thought we weren’t going to end up with 15 players called up, I’ve been proven wrong. We do still have a few first team players still available though, but I think this will be a great opportunity to give some of our reserves a trial. If we do end up getting knocked out straight away though I don’t think it will be too embarrassing though as I think it will be more down to lack of first team availability, not poor team selection/performance. Also do we want a good cup run this season? In my opinion no - we want to focus on the league and the league only, as I think we are all desperate for us to bounce straight back up to the PL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Barden
Rupp Tettey
Hugill

Will Hanley be available? Klose & Zimm to start at CB, keep Tetts in reserve & start Vrancic. Rupp can do the screening. 

Also, isn't Adshead going on loan somewhere? Or am I thinking of Fitzpatrick?

4 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Will Hanley be available? Klose & Zimm to start at CB, keep Tetts in reserve & start Vrancic. Rupp can do the screening. 

Also, isn't Adshead going on loan somewhere? Or am I thinking of Fitzpatrick?

I think Hanley will be available. He's short of match fitness due to his injury, which is why he's not in the Scotland squad, so would be a good opportunity to get some minutes in his legs.

Adshead has been linked with a loan move, but nothing concrete yet AFAIK. Would imagine Fitzpatrick will be off on loan too, though.

Just consider it another pre-season friendly. It's "only" the Carabao, and it's got potential to really gum up the works with games for four consecutive weeks. If we're fortunate enough to win it, literally change all eleven players from the league game so they get more rest and play with a different squad in the cup early on.

Adshead was linked with a loan move to Telstar. Not sure if he's got it.

10 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Just consider it another pre-season friendly. It's "only" the Carabao, and it's got potential to really gum up the works with games for four consecutive weeks. If we're fortunate enough to win it, literally change all eleven players from the league game so they get more rest and play with a different squad in the cup early on.

Adshead was linked with a loan move to Telstar. Not sure if he's got it.

Totally agree, use it as a friendly, with the season already being condensed due to starting a month later, the less games we have the better. 

If anything that shows you just how big the squad is, that we can lose 14/15 players and still put out a side like that. 

Players like Rupp, Vrancic & Stiepermann with plenty to prove after all the new 'younger' arrivals.

Dutch  mate tells me 2 city players on loan to Telstar this season. Just seen Wackyos post . Adshead and Soto then.

Edited by wcorkcanary

15 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Although at first I thought we weren’t going to end up with 15 players called up, I’ve been proven wrong. We do still have a few first team players still available though, but I think this will be a great opportunity to give some of our reserves a trial. If we do end up getting knocked out straight away though I don’t think it will be too embarrassing though as I think it will be more down to lack of first team availability, not poor team selection/performance. Also do we want a good cup run this season? In my opinion no - we want to focus on the league and the league only, as I think we are all desperate for us to bounce straight back up to the PL

A good cup run...well if we manage to beat Luton then the next round just about pops up straightaway...with 3 or 4 rounds of this cup competition in September alone it does make one wonder what strain it puts on the teams who win thru each round..it could take a toll on the league program for those clubs for sure.

We do have a big squad of course, if we did go on a cup run thru the month of September then DF could have the option of giving more younger guys / U23's a run out. But its sure bizarre and unwelcome how Covid and the football organisations have created  this unusual chaotic fixture pile up..but it is what is.

So to update, that's 16 players called up for internationals, two players suspended, plus I think 12 out on loan, 3 players absent presumed told to find another club.  And we are still able to field a relatively strong line up in the League Cup!  Is the squad too big for our own good?

Barden
Mumba Zimmermann Hanley Quintilla
Rupp Tettey
Dowell Stiepermann Hernandez
Hugill

McCracken, Klose, McCallum, Sitti, Vrancic, Martin, Dennis

Edited by shefcanary
Updated info

11 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

So to update, that's 16 players called up for internationals, two players suspended, plus I think 8 out on loan, 3 players absent presumed told to find another club.  And we are still able to field a relatively strong line up in the League Cup!  Is the squad too big for our own good?

Barden
Mumba Zimmermann Hanley Quintilla
Rupp Tettey
Dowell Stiepermann Hernandez
Hugill

McCracken, Klose, McCallum, Sitti, Vrancic, Martin, Dennis

Can’t see Hanley playing 

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Is the squad too big for our own good?

Simple answer is probably yes. Although the real question is will the first choice XI in November be good enough.

Fingers crossed

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

With your user name you must be a shoo-in, right ? 🙂

Id some that up with how the name came about. 

My  girlfriend in pub quiz a couple years ago had the question what time does neymar play for. 

She said,Norwich city! My boyfriends beloved team is neymar team. With his full name as neymar Smith 

Clearly, she meant Naismith.  Crushing. 

• Haha 3

My two teams clash in the early stages of what is now, sadly, construed by so-called football fans as a meaningless Cup fixture...

It's a win-win for me 👍

8 hours ago, Jools said:

My two teams clash in the early stages of what is now, sadly, construed by so-called football fans as a meaningless Cup fixture...

It's a win-win for me 👍

It's totally pointless.

NCFC are not moving the match as pre season preparation is more important, and rightly so.

For the same reason I can't see the club risking the strong line-ups mentioned above and expect a splattering of youngsters. 

It's a shame but the whole competition should have been binned in which is highly likely to be a disrupted and protracted seaon.