Indy

Forum Going to the dogs!

No one wants to ban anyone, as I said above not a witch hunt, more an annoying observation that each thread becomes personal battle to your political view point there’s a non football forum section let’s get you political experts over there to debate can we!

Now football is back let’s get Lakey’s five paragraph thread on how we all need to come together to get behind our team and how we can win every game and make Europe this season!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Again, I'm going to defend Bill from the witch-hunt, even though he does get on my wick at times too. He's spot on here with this post and it isn't the first time a new poster has signed up and instantly started laying in to him, or has used an account solely to argue with him. It's clear that there is at least one regular with multiple accounts who use them just for arguments with Bill.

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you."

Bill's second account revealed to the world 😂

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Not true.

I certainly don’t! 👍

• Thanks 1

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Was hoping this was someone arranging a trip to Yarmouth greyhound stadium with a free drinks voucher. 

Now that would be fun!

Its obvious who's fault it is. 

CHASE OUT! 

Once that happens everything will be fine! 

3 hours ago, Bill said:

nor use foal language either...

Perhaps all your shouting has left you a little hoarse...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

It has gone to the dogs I rarely post now as I just can’t put up with all  the trolls and WUM’s 

Every cloud ...

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

I predict this post will be dragged off topic in no less than 2 posts and I demand you apologise for not implying that I can't do that.

On an unrelated note, what are everyones opinions on the sacking of Constantinople?

Now you’re talking! 1204 or 1453?

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

I predict this post will be dragged off topic in no less than 2 posts and I demand you apologise for not implying that I can't do that.

On an unrelated note, what are everyones opinions on the sacking of Constantinople?

I thought it was unfair considering his team were 6th. in the PL at the time, but the new filthy rich Turkish owner wanted his own man in.

4 hours ago, Indy said:

Agreed, to be honest I look in and can’t wait to just put Brexit, covid to bed and get back to reading Lakey’s positive ramblings! I actually miss them!

I think that counts as Stockholm Syndrome 😝

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

It has gone to the dogs I rarely post now as I just can’t put up with all  the trolls and WUM’s 

How did you get on with this lot then? 😂

Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / What Crisis? / Even Keel / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / Valley Canary / Lilo Lill / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs / Norwich Crazy / Canary Fest / Canary Dogg / Stiflers Mom / Guy Burgess / Sir Anthony Blunt / Miss Bum Bum / Talented Canary / e / Canary Legend / Trawling canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley (2) / Dave from Lowestoft / Stylish Canary / Earl of the Carra / Disco Dale / Prince of Darkness / Jinky Jim / Billy the Kid / Covert Canary / Eaton Ron / Prolific Canary / Captain Canary / Canary World / Hector the Canary / The Bishop / Tiffani Banisters big city tips / Lord Nelson/ The Wise Shepherd / Victor Romanov / Wilfred Grimsdale / Canary Gigolo / Loyal Canary / Hull Canary / Mr Sausage / Punting Canary / The young canary / Glenn Medeiros / Jim the Canary / Barnes Wallis / Mr Cholmondley Warner / The Unsullied / Oliver Thorne / They call me the Chihauhau / Vanilla ice / Armitage Shanks / Canary Top Hat / Captain Birdseye / The Bin Slayer / Paston Canary / Norwich Market Canary / Chantelle the Canary / Jim the Canary / Tattoo / The Leatherman's Stag / Mad Steve / Punctured Bicycle on a hillside desolate / Zander / X Fools / Man 2 Man / The Shining / Chippy Minton / Windy MIller / The Phantom Raspberry Blower / Water Closet / The Susan Boyle Fan Club / Splat the Cat / Rick O'Shea / Mr Hudson / Ploppy son of Ploppy / The voice of reasoned debate / Jim Bell / King Charles / I ain't no hollaback girl / Las Ketchup / McCanary / River End Canary (2) / Atlantic Canary / Young Canary / M the Canary / Jobsworth Canary / Wonder canary / Fred Flintstone / Malham Canary / Uncle Fred

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Mark Thorndyke@MarkThorndyke

·18h

Is this the right time for Norfolk to become a country in its own right? Lets make the Waveney wider.

The mind boggles. 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, lappinitup said:

How did you get on with this lot then? 😂

Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / What Crisis? / Even Keel / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / Valley Canary / Lilo Lill / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs / Norwich Crazy / Canary Fest / Canary Dogg / Stiflers Mom / Guy Burgess / Sir Anthony Blunt / Miss Bum Bum / Talented Canary / e / Canary Legend / Trawling canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley (2) / Dave from Lowestoft / Stylish Canary / Earl of the Carra / Disco Dale / Prince of Darkness / Jinky Jim / Billy the Kid / Covert Canary / Eaton Ron / Prolific Canary / Captain Canary / Canary World / Hector the Canary / The Bishop / Tiffani Banisters big city tips / Lord Nelson/ The Wise Shepherd / Victor Romanov / Wilfred Grimsdale / Canary Gigolo / Loyal Canary / Hull Canary / Mr Sausage / Punting Canary / The young canary / Glenn Medeiros / Jim the Canary / Barnes Wallis / Mr Cholmondley Warner / The Unsullied / Oliver Thorne / They call me the Chihauhau / Vanilla ice / Armitage Shanks / Canary Top Hat / Captain Birdseye / The Bin Slayer / Paston Canary / Norwich Market Canary / Chantelle the Canary / Jim the Canary / Tattoo / The Leatherman's Stag / Mad Steve / Punctured Bicycle on a hillside desolate / Zander / X Fools / Man 2 Man / The Shining / Chippy Minton / Windy MIller / The Phantom Raspberry Blower / Water Closet / The Susan Boyle Fan Club / Splat the Cat / Rick O'Shea / Mr Hudson / Ploppy son of Ploppy / The voice of reasoned debate / Jim Bell / King Charles / I ain't no hollaback girl / Las Ketchup / McCanary / River End Canary (2) / Atlantic Canary / Young Canary / M the Canary / Jobsworth Canary / Wonder canary / Fred Flintstone / Malham Canary / Uncle Fred

Er......did you forget Good News Gordon? 

5 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Again, I'm going to defend Bill from the witch-hunt, even though he does get on my wick at times too. He's spot on here with this post and it isn't the first time a new poster has signed up and instantly started laying in to him, or has used an account solely to argue with him. It's clear that there is at least one regular with multiple accounts who use them just for arguments with Bill.

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you."

It certainly isn't just an issue with Bill- I've seen a few threads of late where another poster from a small group brings up Bill when he hasn't even posted on it and basically baits him into a fight, while still getting angry at Bill for dragging threads off topic. 

I do laugh at people coming on here and moaning that we're not talking about football enough though- exactly what football should we have been discussing?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

It certainly isn't just an issue with Bill- I've seen a few threads of late where another poster from a small group brings up Bill when he hasn't even posted on it and basically baits him into a fight, while still getting angry at Bill for dragging threads off topic. 

I do laugh at people coming on here and moaning that we're not talking about football enough though- exactly what football should we have been discussing?

King, it’s not meant to be a witch hunt as I said on the op....we are now starting footy back up, so move them over the threads which let’s be honest are a base for arguements to non footy related and let’s start to debate football again!

Edited by Indy

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

King, it’s not meant to be a witch hunt as I said on the op....we are now starting footy back up, so move them over the threads which let’s be honest are a base for arguements to non footy related and let’s start to debate football again!

Or just don't click on them?

It really isn't very hard to do, plenty of other forums manage it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Or just don't click on them?

It really isn't very hard to do, plenty of other forums manage it.

What’s the point of non football section  then King? 

Just now, Indy said:

What’s the point of non football section  then King? 

I don't know- it isn't my forum.

I just don't really care where threads are- when football resumes there will be plenty of topics to debate and you'll still find them easily enough.

I, for instance, had very little interest in multiple threads about legal action, ppg and what would happen in situation x, y and z as the clear and obvious answer to any questions in there was 'none of us have the slightest clue.' So I just stopped clicking on them.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I don't know- it isn't my forum.

I just don't really care where threads are- when football resumes there will be plenty of topics to debate and you'll still find them easily enough.

I, for instance, had very little interest in multiple threads about legal action, ppg and what would happen in situation x, y and z as the clear and obvious answer to any questions in there was 'none of us have the slightest clue.' So I just stopped clicking on them.

And as my op said King to get those who do control the forum to move them as we’re heading to football again!

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As has been mentioned before, when the forum upgraded a month or so ago, it removed the ability to see the title underneath 'next unread topic'. So when you click it, you don't actually know what the topic is.

Personally strikes me as a weird way to browse the forum- just go back to the list and choose the ones you want to read?

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Personally strikes me as a weird way to browse the forum- just go back to the list and choose the ones you want to read?

It's much simpler and faster because it takes you directly to the first unread post, rather than scrolling through the page to find it.

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Was hoping this was someone arranging a trip to Yarmouth greyhound stadium with a free drinks voucher. 

It’s the children, having a pop at each other. Nothing football related!

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

It’s the children, having a pop at each other. Nothing football related!

Missed opportunity then. It would have been  nice to put faces to names, have a few beers and try picking a winner. 

8 hours ago, Indy said:

I’ve never seen so many threads just go into the same political arguments and generally the same person throws it down this line of thread, 

Is this really a Norwich Football Thread? If so like Brexit maybe those who run this Forum should clean it up and move the Coronavirus thread to non football, maybe if it’s there those who want to argue left or right wing politics can do so without spreading this to nearly every thread!

Hello Indy

I agree with your comments 100%; I've been thinking similar things myself as I'm sure have others.

To be honest I let the side down earlier today when I snapped and had a bite at someone. There comes a point where I feel I have to comment when I see someone constantly attacking others...but it does no one any good, including myself. I don't come here to fight with my yellow and green brothers and sisters so it's time to apply the ignore button and move on.

Roll on the first game of our 9 game mini-season!

OTBC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Missed opportunity then. It would have been  nice to put faces to names, have a few beers and try picking a winner. 

There are no winners, it’s quite pathetic really