Indy

Forum Going to the dogs!

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I would be more than happy to assist Pete with the moderation of the site

i would create an entirely new ethos on the forum and job would be a goodun 

Nominated. 

Just now, king canary said:

It is all cyclical but it does feel with Bill vs several other posters we're approaching the point it got to with Morty/LDC where you could guarantee almost any thread that had gone over 5 pages would have devolved into a fight between them. It just got tiresome and impossible to actually have a decent discussion. 

Whereas in reality it is the same ones (whatever name) who choose to follow me around trying to stir things

neither is it every thread, as you will notice that out of the top dozen or so I have posted on three or four

it really is as simple as that - check where the posts are about me, as opposed to the subject

then ask yourself what is the intent behind that ?

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

we're approaching the point it got to with Morty/LDC

I remember that period and didn't bother even reading this place then.

How did that end, how come only one of them got the boot?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

You'd have to do something REALLY bad to get banned from here though, right?

Like not attacking the club, moaning about Farke or berating Delia

seems to be  beyond the pale for some

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Whereas in reality it is the same ones (whatever name) who choose to follow me around trying to stir things

neither is it every thread, as you will notice that out of the top dozen or so I have posted on three or four

it really is as simple as that - check where the posts are about me, as opposed to the subject

I should imagine its a 50/50 mix between:

1). Those people being yokels with a medieval pack mentality. 

and...

2). You being annoying, whiney, constantly paranoid and adopting a pathetic victim mentality.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I would be more than happy to assist Pete with the moderation of the site

i would create an entirely new ethos on the forum and job would be a goodun 

Any immediate thoughts on how you would improve matters on the forum ? 

7 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You'd have to do something REALLY bad to get banned from here though, right?

Or upset the wrong people, allegedly 

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Because in the eyes of the moderator, (SDP) despite previous warnings, one of them continued in their ways, Simple as. 

but hopefully with the season starting again soon, we can look forward and not back, and this will be a better place for all. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Any immediate thoughts on how you would improve matters on the forum ? 

I would certainly stamp out anyone who wanted to shut down people who have differing views

the current culture is unless you are a delia loving snowflake your view doesn’t count.

i would also quickly ban the positive trolls who spam the forum with relentless positive news no matter how bad a scenario is

finally I would set up a sub forum for anyone to contribute to breaded crustacean discussion 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

I would certainly stamp out anyone who wanted to shut down people who have differing views

the current culture is unless you are a delia loving snowflake your view doesn’t count.

i would also quickly ban the positive trolls who spam the forum with relentless positive news no matter how bad a scenario is

finally I would set up a sub forum for anyone to contribute to breaded crustacean discussion 

i'd ban every IP address in Suffolk, sorry mate! 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

This forum always needs a pariah, somebody to fulfill the role as the person who is the cause of all the problems. They aren't really though, as every so often the witch is burnt but the problem remains and the forum remains just as puerile and aggressive. 

There are a few accounts which just log on to insult people, not a quarter as many as Bill thinks there are, but there definitely is and if you want Archant to clean up the forum then the first thing they need to do is not ban Bill but bring in a one account rule and ban those people who hide behind secondary sock puppet accounts. 

Oh and.... it is....

I said something similar when Bill suggested (had to choose a words carefully there) that I have a second account (which I do not) but I was told that you cannot prove who does and who doesn't have a second account because you can get someone else to set one up and use it (although that would be sad, and I don't mean unhappy sad)

This forum always needs a pariah, somebody to fulfill the role as the person who is the cause of all the problems. They aren't really though, as every so often the witch is burnt but the problem remains and the forum remains just as puerile and aggressive. 

There are a few accounts which just log on to insult people, not a quarter as many as Bill thinks there are, but there definitely is and if you want Archant to clean up the forum then the first thing they need to do is not ban Bill but bring in a one account rule and ban those people who hide behind secondary sock puppet accounts. 

Oh and.... it is....

Teemu, I don’t mind being pulled up, but have the courtesy of posting the entire paragraph not just pulling a few words to try and prove a point which isn’t there!

I said and stand by......I’ve never seen so many threads just go into the same political arguments and generally the same person throws it down this line of thread, not since the days of Morty has this forum been so poor.

As it’s pretty much a football forum we have a non related section and all I wanted was these threads to be pulled and sorted so we can focus on City and football.

I have my run ins with Bill, but I’ve never and will never block him, he’s got some good points and a lot of his views I tend to agree with, I don’t like his way of referring to people at times, but heck that’s his prerogative.

I don’t like the way as you do some posters pull a few words out of a paragraph to try and start more issues.

15 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Far be it for me to steal your thunder but would you consider yellow and red cards for posters who continuously fail to adhere to guidelines ? 

Maybe a word in an ear for a slight misdemeanour followed by cards for further offences ? These could show up next to user names and show all that there are consequences for persistent wrongdoings. 

43 minutes ago, Bill said:

This is part of the general problem- you blame them, they blame you, nobody takes any accountability. 

You're absolutely both as bad as each other.

17 minutes ago, king canary said:

This is part of the general problem- you blame them, they blame you, nobody takes any accountability. 

You're absolutely both as bad as each other.

nope, as you well know

I do not follow any of them around the forum making snide comments

I merely reply

End the first..... and guess what

i'd ban every IP address in Suffolk, sorry mate! 

I use a VPN so I can be in any part of the world you want me to be in 💪💪💪💪

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't know whether that is feasible, or whether there are ways to get round  such a rule, but is that actually much of a problem? There was Waveney with his A-Z of aliases but seemingly everyone knew it was Waveney, and it was all just a joke.

But I don't get the impression there are so many posters (if indeed there are any at all) who are creating secondary or tertiary accounts to stir up trouble that it is destabilising the message-board.

I remember that period and didn't bother even reading this place then.

I think a few people on here know what happened 

4 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Because in the eyes of the moderator, (SDP) despite previous warnings, one of them continued in their ways, Simple as. 

but hopefully with the season starting again soon, we can look forward and not back, and this will be a better place for all. 

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I think a few people on here know what happened 

FF. (EVERYONE who was about at the time) knows what happened. Yourself included. 

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

But I don't get the impression there are so many posters (if indeed there are any at all) who are creating secondary or tertiary accounts to stir up trouble that it is destabilising the message-board.

The moot point is not that there are - but who is doing most of it.

Two accounts that had a go at me a day or so ago had been opened a couple of months previous, with only a couple of posts, yet their comments were much on the same lines. As have long forgotten and little used log ins, that have similarly popped up within seconds of my post, to attack me.

Now, as said the comments are water of a ducks back. But what they do, is give the appearance is that I ma the villain of the peace ..... for replying to them and pointing that out

So don't try to pass of ignorance of this - and perhaps notice that during the absence of the one repeat offender there has been no snide comments aimed at me - coincidence ................. my ar se

Billo, if you admitted you were mistaken  about a very serious accusation, that would be the last you'd  hear from me. I cant speak for others as I am not the only person you think you can accuse and then ignore the fact that you are wrong. For sure its easy to hide behind a keyboard ....you can say what you like  , but I assure you that two words that start with the letters  Hum.... not Humbug....silly boy, would very much help you to be less of a pariah, for that is exactly  what you have become. I believe that you are not stupid but some of the things you say, are I feel very stupid indeed as I'm sure you recognise once you stop pontificating. 

Humility  and Humour . Life can be a laugh if you dont rub everyone up the wrong way. It really does take a bigger man to admit that they were wrong  , than  it does to try to defend their stance, I'm Offering  you the chance to  bury the hatchet  and if you concur   I will never  mention the  false accusations  again. I expect you to scorn the offer. Go on, surprise me and take it up. I have done all I can to get you to see your mistake Chap because it really wasn't  me.  I get no pleasure  from  harranging  you  but it is only right that I do until  you admit your mistakes  concerning something that I'm sure you would like cleared up as Theft, Alcoholism and of course  living in France are something  no one would like to be accused  of.

As an aside I consider alcoholism an  illness  and living In  France an irrelevance but if I thought you had stolen from the BL I wouldn't bother posting it on here , I'd  phone the old bill and let them investigate.

Here's  hoping, but not expecting. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

I need say no more - it begins all over again

over and out

12 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Billo, if you admitted you were mistaken  about a very serious accusation, that would be the last you'd  hear from me. I cant speak for others as I am not the only person you think you can accuse and then ignore the fact that you are wrong. For sure its easy to hide behind a keyboard ....you can say what you like  , but I assure you that two words that start with the letters  Hum.... not Humbug....silly boy, would very much help you to be less of a pariah, for that is exactly  what you have become. I believe that you are not stupid but some of the things you say, are I feel very stupid indeed as I'm sure you recognise once you stop pontificating. 

Humility  and Humour . Life can be a laugh if you dont rub everyone up the wrong way. It really does take a bigger man to admit that they were wrong  , than  it does to try to defend their stance, I'm Offering  you the chance to  bury the hatchet  and if you concur   I will never  mention the  false accusations  again. I expect you to scorn the offer. Go on, surprise me and take it up. I have done all I can to get you to see your mistake Chap because it really wasn't  me.  I get no pleasure  from  harranging  you  but it is only right that I do until  you admit your mistakes  concerning something that I'm sure you would like cleared up as Theft, Alcoholism and of course  living in France are something  no one would like to be accused  of.

As an aside I consider alcoholism an  illness  and living In  France an irrelevance but if I thought you had stolen from the BL I wouldn't bother posting it on here , I'd  phone the old bill and let them investigate.

Here's  hoping, but not expecting. 

Wasting your time Corky.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Bring Back Morty

Don't tempt fate.

Remember the thread a couple of months back where someone asked if anyone had heard from Bill?

Now look at us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would this be a good time to mention that apparently i post photos on here of half naked teenage girls ?

As ricardo has just said to wcorkio who is seeking an apology....wasting my time.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

nope, as you well know

I do not follow any of them around the forum making snide comments

I merely reply

End the first..... and guess what

You may or may not follow people around the forum but you’re not slow in whacking in a snidey comment. Admitting to being wrong makes someone more of a person too. Why can’t you do it when you are wrong. I’m not just referring to one particular spat. It happens all the time. Nobody is always right.

I’ve said that you post some good stuff on here so why do you often spoil it with an unnecessary insult ?

l

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1