Mr Angry

Premier League restarting

6 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

20th June

Norwich v Southampton at Carrow Rd

...only the 4th home league game I will have missed at Carrow Rd in 40 years

...a dark day...and not one I'll look forward to.

As as I'm concerned these games/results don't even register.

What's the chance of sneaking into the ground? After all you'd still be socially distancing if you were there. 

It's in the spirt of the rules isn't it? Especially of you could bring along a young grandson / granddaughter. 

I've wondered this too Surfer. Just why couldn't a few hundred be selected ...say 400 (100 in each stand, decided by some kind of draw) watch a match? Difficult to create an atmosphere or get OTBC going but still.....

10 hours ago, Yorkshire_Canary said:

you stated football would return throughout the leagues - let's not rewrite history. 

You do realise what you've done to your own day dont you Yorko?  Best of luck !!

7 hours ago, Surfer said:

What's the chance of sneaking into the ground? After all you'd still be socially distancing if you were there. 

It's in the spirt of the rules isn't it? Especially of you could bring along a young grandson / granddaughter. 

I have applied for a ticket on the grounds that being unsure of my eyesight,  the only way to see if I can see is by testing it.  They believed me!!!! Someone somewhere must have set a precedent. My next prob is finding one of those 520+mile no fuel up cars with built in toiler and snack bar...... they do exist, apparently.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Surfer said:

You could say that you were worried about your eyesight so you were in the ground to do a test.

16 hours ago, Making Plans said:

No different to normal injuries, bugs or illnesses really, you just get on with it

But surely if any single person tests positive then the whole squad has to self-isolate for 14 days? That's the real problem I think.

17 hours ago, ncfcstar said:

I got slammed by Norwich fans on Twitter back in March, when I suggested we'd resume in May and finish in June.  A month out, but I don't really know why anyone is surprised by the PL trying to get this season finished.

The majority on here are.

18 hours ago, sonyc said:

I'm looking forward to some kind of football. 

Far better than all this stuff about PPG discussions on here. Can't wait to be discussing a Pukki or even better, a Buendia goal.

Amen to that my yellow and green brother.

OTBC

10 hours ago, sonyc said:

I've wondered this too Surfer. Just why couldn't a few hundred be selected ...say 400 (100 in each stand, decided by some kind of draw) watch a match? Difficult to create an atmosphere or get OTBC going but still.....

The hassle of policing this and the potential issues it would cause far outweigh the benefit. 

Be nice to have football back, greater arguments aside.

The idea of just how much blood we would boil if we managed to stay up by playing our way out. Delicious.

F.A cup quarter final dates announced 

27 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Amen to that my yellow and green brother.

OTBC

Cheers DDJ (no reactions apparently to give)

21 minutes ago, king canary said:

The hassle of policing this and the potential issues it would cause far outweigh the benefit. 

Yes, I get that it would but it would be administratively possible to simply select season ticket holders. Anyway, it was a suggestion perhaps at the limits of possibility even though I'm surprised it's not come up as a subject nationally for debate. If the house of commons can have a percentage of attendees then why not football?

21 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Be nice to have football back, greater arguments aside.

The idea of just how much blood we would boil if we managed to stay up by playing our way out. Delicious.

I think, whatever happens, there will be recriminations afterwards. For instance if a club like Southampton go on an awful run and somehow get sucked into the bottom 3 they'll definitely blame it on the nature of the restart.

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

17th June is the clubs birthday, it's a sign!

It is indeed. 3 nice home points. Hope Farke has been learning about any hints he can bring from Germany on the BCD experience (of there are any).

18 hours ago, Making Plans said:

No different to normal injuries, bugs or illnesses really, you just get on with it

Not really.

Under the track and trace guidelines if 1 footballer in a squad gets it everyone in contact will need to isolate for 14 days, then if any of them get symptoms then the lot they had contact with.

Unless of course the rules that do not effect government aides also don’t affect professional football.

38 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

17th June is the clubs birthday, it's a sign!

And mine👍🎂😁

Although I'm  not as old as the club😉

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

And mine👍🎂😁

The only reason I remember it's the clubs is it's also my wifes birthday, the two great loves in my life on the same day!

• Like 1

What happens if any team has a member who tests positive for the virus? I presume this will be done at least weekly.

Surely the whole squad will then have to self isolate for 2 weeks?

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

What happens if any team has a member who tests positive for the virus? I presume this will be done at least weekly.

They have to drive to Durham, confirm thier eyesight is Ok and then drive home.

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

And mine👍🎂😁

I thought the  centenary match v Ajax in 2002 was your centenary too. Me and my Dutch Ajax diehard fanmate were singing  ' on yer bike Ricardo(o ooooo), never mind the strangers, cycle on,  nows your chance, waahey , you've crossed the road!!'

Silly us.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HairyTeeth said:

Just heard the Championship may not restart which means no relegation from the EPL.

Not a surprise if so given the PPG proposal. I reckon 13 clubs may vote for that. I think its always been the plan.

Not so sure it means no relegation. Am also concerned that its being reported that prem clubs have agreed to use PPG if the season is curtailed. No mention of relegation admittedly but this seems to be being snuck in through the back door as a "fallback" position on the basis its all going to start up again and I hope that if relegation based on PPG is being proposed as the fall back we are vehemently opposing it and making that clear.

8 minutes ago, HairyTeeth said:

Just heard the Championship may not restart which means no relegation from the EPL.

They've got a meeting on 8th June to decide what to do.

Not sure on what grounds the Championship could justify not playing out the rest of their games.

League 1 and 2 understandable ...but anyone voting to not finish the championship is doing it for their own club's interest rather rather than it not being possible to carry on.

That choice shouldnt have even been made available to them.

As Webber said...anyone getting promoted from that division without playing a full season, especially if it was possible to carry on and theyve voted against it, doesn't deserve it.

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

41 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

They are all getting tested at least twice a week. If a player is positive, they isolate. The rest of the squad wouldn't need to as they will have also been tested and will have come back negative.

OTBC

27 minutes ago, HairyTeeth said:

How odd as that is the opposite to what the EFL said a short while ago.