Mr Angry

Premier League restarting

8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Will SaintsĀ have to fly up and play on the day or will they be allowed a night at Dunston Hall ?

Social distancing probably means about 3 coaches I reckon.

46 minutes ago, Van wink said:

He did and I hope he's now fit, it affected his game.......bloomin' painful.

Indeed, far worse than being infected with a virus that may not even hurt at all...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

What other people?

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We were told on here the season was definitely over so I agree with you.

Our resident Ā venerable old sage who knows everything Ā has gone a bit quiet hasnā€™t he ? Funny that šŸ˜‚Ā 

Fans not being able to attend will not be a major issue for fans who wouldnt have attended anyway whatever the result of the first game.

59 minutes ago, Van wink said:

He did and I hope he's now fit, it affected his game.......bloomin' painful.

Good point about Pukki, he had no problem scoring when he was match fit so it may now work out to our advantage, this break

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Fans not being able to attend will not be a major issue for fans who wouldnt have attended anyway whatever the result of the first game.

...even fans who dont attend must surely concede that their viewing experience will be hampered by the absence of fans in the stadium.

Anyone who's viewed any of these ghastly soul less apparitions of begind closed doors Bundeslifa matches will atest to that

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

A tame dig struck but didnā€™t even tickle.Ā 

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm going to disagree... As an exile who wouldn't have been able to attend anyway, just watching a game on TV without fans takes an awful lot away from it as a spectacle.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Why though? Has there been any increase in Germany?Ā 

This is happening- if players refuse to play that is up to them but at some point you have to work if you expect to get paid.

Closer contact with more people over a greater length of time. I must admit I donā€™t know what has happened in Germany but how long would increased numbers of infections take to materialise?

Employers have a duty of care to their employees so if players felt unsafe andĀ that they were being forced to play against their will I hope thatĀ the PFA would get involved.

'What's that Bill, you alone repeatedly said the season would be finished by playing the games.

You also said, on a number of occasions, that the country would look very different in a few weeks time

Nothing wise about that - just a recognition that money talks

And it's saying to the numpties on here 'far queue 'little people, you donā€™t matter

That's why it's the kids who are not legally allowed to be alone at home who are the first being herded into school, so their parents have no excuse not to be back to work.

45 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm going to disagree... As an exile who wouldn't have been able to attend anyway, just watching a game on TV without fans takes an awful lot away from it as a spectacle.

Yep. I'll enjoy watching it but it wont be the same.

Premier League Chief Executive Richard Masters said: ā€œToday we have provisionally agreed to resume the Premier League on Wednesday, June 17. But this date cannot be confirmed until we have met all the safety requirements needed, as the health and welfare of all participants and supporters is our priority.

Ā 

Think he should have known not to say thatšŸ†

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

'What's that Bill, you alone repeatedly said the season would be finished by playing the games.

You also said, on a number of occasions, that the country would look very different in a few weeks time

Nothing wise about that - just a recognition that money talks

And it's saying to the numpties on here 'far queue 'little people, you donā€™t matter

That's why it's the kids who are not legally allowed to be alone at home who are the first being herded into school, so their parents have no excuse not to be back to work.

you stated football would return throughout the leagues - let's not rewrite history.Ā 

No one knows what damage this virus causes long term to the lungs

Example all the buildings after WW2 containing asbestosĀ 

57 minutes ago, Bill said:

Course you did...

Ā 

On 15/03/2020 at 17:44, Bill said:

Legal challenge, on what basis ?

That is out of line with what is happening elsewhere around the world ? That it is an action voted on by it's members ?

Look back at the voided Grand National- that is what will happen.

Ā 

Ā 

On 15/03/2020 at 17:58, Bill said:

more a case of that's how it will be, as there is little else that can be done

none of us know how things will be. though if it is ok to finish off the season then fine

however as that is looking less and less likely, the only real solution is to void it all and start again when it is considered safe enough to do so.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by king canary
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yorkshire_Canary said:

you stated football would return throughout the leagues - let's not rewrite history.Ā 

nope , that is a lie

but curious to see that you only joined on Monday and have only bothered to post now... and two of those three posts are about me.... how odd

but I am sure there is an explanation other than what should be obvious to most

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

but I am sure there is an explanation other than what should be obvious to most

There certainly is, itā€™s got a red nose and big flappy feetšŸ¤”

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Course you did...

"This has pretty much been the accepted position for weeks, so as to get the season finished - the need there is to try to get the TV money paid so as to stop football in the UK financially collapsing like a line of dominosĀ  13th April

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

There certainly is, itā€™s got a red nose and big flappy feetšŸ¤”

even odder, someone joins under another name

then uses 2 of his 3 posts to have a pop at me

... and hand crank suddenly appears.............with no contribution to the thread

can't let all that work go to waste can we cranky boy ? šŸ˜›

4 hours ago, daly said:

40000 to 60000 deaths and still risingĀ 

Sad and tragic as it is those people are dead now.

Not playing football won't bring them back or prevent others dying in the future.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Making Plans

1 hour ago, Yorkshire_Canary said:

Three posts and you have managed to join the extensive list of liars on this forum so soon plus a suggestion you could be somebody else. Don't let it get to you Yorkshire_Canary as it is his trademark line. šŸ˜›

1 hour ago, Bill said:

even odder, someone joins under another name

then uses 2 of his 3 posts to have a pop at me

... and hand crank suddenly appears.............with no contribution to the thread

can't let all that work go to waste can we cranky boy ? šŸ˜›

1 of those was just making you aware of proxy voting - hardly a pop

Trust me, you're not as important as you think you are. On the bright side I bet you're responsible for many lurkers joining this forum - even if it is only to be able to put you on ignore.

• Haha 1

So long since I've bothered to look at the league table. Fascinating relegation battle from Brighton downwards.

Southampton really is a must a win game otherwise our interest in this season could diminish pretty quickly if other results go against us.

Hopefully we'll have a near full squad to choose from.

5 hours ago, king canary said:

At a very small number.Ā 

So what happens under the new trace and track guidelines. And one would expect all players /staff will download the app when it becomes available!

Elliot Bennet

ā€Thanks for all your love and well wishes. I would just like to confirm I have no symptoms and feel fit and well. Currently following government isolation guidelines at home with my family. I am looking forward to getting back to āš½ļø when my isolation period is over @Rovers ā¤ļøā€œ