Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

You're the idiot. Plenty of people have gone into hospital for various reasons and picked up the corona virus when they were there.

FFS! Are you really that stupid? Silly question, I have to admit you've answered that with virually every post you've ever written. Perhaps you would like to provide us with a comparison of how many have died by picking up the virus in hospital and how many have had their lives saved from the virus by going into hospital for treatment. What a specimen you are, thick and morally degenerate.

One month ago, the UK was on 4% in this chart, now up to 20%. A vaccine rollout success story led by Kate Bingham, medical entrepreneur. Her success must be due to her being married to a Conservative MP as that was the only issue concerning posters at the time of her appointment. Looking at you, Herman.

vac210210.JPG

Edited by Rock The Boat

19 minutes ago, dj11 said:

I really think you live in a fantasy world, and I don't believe for a second that you have experienced health systems in many countries, including third world. You remind me of Geoff Maltby from the Benidorm series.

He's a satanic version of Walter Mitty but without the imagination to make his lies remotely plausible..

Phoned our surgery. Can Mrs KG book in for a jab? No we will be in touch.

Phone call. Health centre here. Mrs KG can have her jab. Sorry, she's walking her horse. OK, she can come in at 5.50pm. Lovely. Thanks.

Phone call. Tell Mrs KG not to worry about an appointment, tell her to come in on her way back from walking her horse. Lovely. Thanks.

Its got to the stage where they are begging people to come in. I think its because they are getting so efficient, they are waiting for customers.

And our health centre is so central that you can walk it in 8 minutes, 10 if you are slower. So you are not required to wait the 15 minutes which clears more space.

• Like 1

Looks like we are getting places now as if this treatment result is confirmed in the paper to be shortly produced we could have just found a cheap early treatment. Although this is a Reuters report much easier than the Oxford trial data.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-asthma-treatment-int-idUSKBN2A92M7?taid=60230f4a496f1e00010ace10&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

One month ago, the UK was on 4% in this chart, now up to 13%. A vaccine rollout success story led by Kate Bingham, medical entrepreneur. Her success must be due to her being married to a Conservative MP as that was the only issue concerning posters at the time of her appointment. Looking at you, Herman.

Leave it to the public sector to sort things out. The private sector hasn't really been in the game. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Phoned our surgery. Can Mrs KG book in for a jab? No we will be in touch.

Phone call. Health centre here. Mrs KG can have her jab. Sorry, she's walking her horse. OK, she can come in at 5.50pm. Lovely. Thanks.

Phone call. Tell Mrs KG not to worry about an appointment, tell her to come in on her way back from walking her horse. Lovely. Thanks.

Its got to the stage where they are begging people to come in. I think its because they are getting so efficient, they are waiting for customers.

And our health centre is so central that you can walk it in 8 minutes, 10 if you are slower. So you are not required to wait the 15 minutes which clears more space.

They'll soon be employing barkers to drum up 'trade'

"roll up. roll up .........................your sleeves

yes, step right up folks......... it's the world famous pain wiv a gain'

excellent work by all those involved, but there is now a worrying concern that (as shown above) we may be seeing a fair number not showing up fot various reasons

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

That’s good news, I think we have the right strategy.

With AstraZeneca 8 - 12 weeks is the right strategy as the data put to MHRA clearly shew that a gap of 8 - 12 weeks increasing the efficacy. 

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Condemned by his own blatant stupidity. Nothing more needs to be said.

RTB is correct and you are wrong as usual.   It is dangerous as you can go in with one health issue and  get another such as catching  COVID for instance. Many have unfortunately and died as a consequence. 

... and I have other awful experiences recently that I will not put on here as you would not want to believe it anyway.  

22 minutes ago, Well b back said:

With AstraZeneca 8 - 12 weeks is the right strategy as the data put to MHRA clearly shew that a gap of 8 - 12 weeks increasing the efficacy. 

Indeed, I hope we get clinical data to support the policy for both vaccines.

The paywall prevents me reading that but the headline seemed to say we should consider wearing a surgical mask under a cloth mask.

Sounds odd at first but might be advice I take when I venture out again 

Just now, Van wink said:

Indeed, I hope we get clinical data to support the policy for both vaccines.

I believe their new paper will show the effectiveness goes up to around 85 %, which is pretty much the info given to MHRA ( if anything it was slightly lower ). It just goes to show how you can get a bit lucky, had they never made the mistake here with the dosage being to lower than it should have been, they would not even have thought of delaying the second dose.

With the US trial using different timing for dose 2 and in over 55’s I suspect in the next few days the world will probably have enough data  to look at over 55’s in a more positive manner.

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I am not surprised by this.
Even when on the vaccination sites we have to wear a medical mask, with a visor over the top.

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I believe their new paper will show the effectiveness goes up to around 85 %, which is pretty much the info given to MHRA ( if anything it was slightly lower ). It just goes to show how you can get a bit lucky, had they never made the mistake here with the dosage being to lower than it should have been, they would not even have thought of delaying the second dose.

With the US trial using different timing for dose 2 and in over 55’s I suspect in the next few days the world will probably have enough data  to look at over 55’s in a more positive manner.

Yep, I suspect scientific discovery is littered with similar mistakes.😃      The US data will hopefully be helpful.

It will be good to start getting decent clinical data from the UK reported, I think it will give people some real encouragement when they can see the real benefits.   

12 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Yep, I suspect scientific discovery is littered with similar mistakes.😃      The US data will hopefully be helpful.

It will be good to start getting decent clinical data from the UK reported, I think it will give people some real encouragement when they can see the real benefits.   

That new treatment is a classic example, what was considered the most high risk people ( chronic asthma ) were if the data is correct the most protected as they were taking preventive treatment, before anybody knew it was a treatment and consequently people looking at why those with chronic asthma, were not finishing up in hospital.

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

That new treatment is a classic example, what was considered the most high risk people ( chronic asthma ) were if the data is correct the most protected as they were taking preventive treatment, before anybody knew it was a treatment and consequently people looking at why those with chronic asthma, were not finishing up in hospital.

Penicillin is a classic example

41 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

The paywall prevents me reading that but the headline seemed to say we should consider wearing a surgical mask under a cloth mask.

Sounds odd at first but might be advice I take when I venture out again 

Indeed. c.97% reduction noted with a tightly fitting cloth mask with a surgical one. At the Biden inauguration you could see lots of the selected invitees who had 'doubled up'. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Penicillin is a classic example

Of course, many vaccinations have themselves evolved over the years.

When I was younger, Penicillin had no effect on me. Consequently ended up in hospital for 8 weeks with pneumonia.

And Tetanus jabs reacted dangerously with me resulting in hospital treatment to treat the vaccination.

Now, obviously there are alternatives, but Penicillin works and Tetanus does what it says on the tin.

2 hours ago, paul moy said:

RTB is correct and you are wrong as usual.   It is dangerous as you can go in with one health issue and  get another such as catching  COVID for instance. Many have unfortunately and died as a consequence. 

... and I have other awful experiences recently that I will not put on here as you would not want to believe it anyway.  

Hospitals have always been a places where it's been more likely to catch  a disease. That's because some of the patients have diseases. I don't have figures, but I would guess that's true in most parts of the world? Please correct me if I'm wrong and its only the UK where this is true 

My understanding, which comes from my sister who works at the Norfolk and  Norwich, is that the hospital is split into two areas: those with COVID and those without

When our mother was admitted with COVID, my sister wasn't allowed to see her, even though she was only yards away, as she works in the non COVID section 

RTB and Moy think the NHS just means hospital.

So how much would I have to have earned a week to have afforded this lot private in the last ten years.

Cancer treatment and operation

Four Biopsies

Detached Retina repair

Cataracts repaired

Inguinal Hernia

Detached Collar Bone

Knee surgery

Cognitive Therapy

Colonoscopy

Yes, I know, call me lucky. I like hospital food.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

RTB and Moy think the NHS just means hospital.

So how much would I have to have earned a week to have afforded this lot private in the last ten years.

Four Biopsies

Detached Retina repair

Cataracts repaired

Inguinal Hernia

Detached Collar Bone

Knee surgery

Cognitive Therapy

Colonoscopy

Yes, I know, call me lucky. I like hospital food.

Have they tested you for Munchausen Syndrome?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bill said:

They'll soon be employing barkers to drum up 'trade'

"roll up. roll up .........................your sleeves

yes, step right up folks......... it's the world famous pain wiv a gain'

excellent work by all those involved, but there is now a worrying concern that (as shown above) we may be seeing a fair number not showing up fot various reasons

That's called natural selection 

59 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Four Biopsies

Detached Retina repair

Cataracts repaired

Inguinal Hernia

Detached Collar Bone

Knee surgery

Cognitive Therapy

Colonoscopy

And a partridge in pear tree!!