Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

There were many pushing the Israeli data to one side as it didn’t say what they hoped it would say. This really is vital real time data. I mentioned yesterday that the next set of data was 3 weeks. Now here’s the thing, those vaccinated in the 60 + age group seem highly likely to suffer less ‘ severe COVID ‘. Don’t all go running outside yet though if you have had the Pfizer jab as the initial releases are not clear as to wether this happened after one dose or two.

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1352317427770482689/photo/2

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

There were many pushing the Israeli data to one side as it didn’t say what they hoped it would say. This really is vital real time data. I mentioned yesterday that the next set of data was 3 weeks. Now here’s the thing, those vaccinated in the 60 + age group seem highly likely to suffer less ‘ severe COVID ‘. Don’t all go running outside yet though if you have had the Pfizer jab as the initial releases are not clear as to wether this happened after one dose or two.

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1352317427770482689/photo/2

Not clear if one or two jabs administered as you say. But speculating for a moment, assuming only one jab, the figures would tie in with immunity begining to develop two to three weeks after first dose. Lets hops so.

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Not clear if one or two jabs administered as you say. But speculating for a moment, assuming only one jab, the figures would tie in with immunity begining to develop two to three weeks after first dose. Lets hops so.

Indeed let’s hope so. They are very encouraging. After ignoring the Israeli figures last week, it will come as no surprise if he mentions them in the press conference this afternoon.

17 hours ago, Well b back said:

Keep up mad Moy.

I know you like celebrating dead Europeans but yesterday Germany ( for their main use ) with the EU purchased the last 200,00 doses of Regeneron at a cost of £400,000 to begin use today. The trial results suggest this is by far and away the best treatment yet ( used on Trump ). Bad news I suspect you will have less dead Europeans to celebrate, but of course I reckon you will soon be sniping at Germany for buying the remaining available supplies.

And you were chearing dead Brits last year

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Please could you explain how signing a contract to supply something taking the cash for said items, knowing those goods were not available has anything to do with Brexit. Do you think that’s the way Companies should work or is it ok as it is the Europeans.

This is a sad day for the world and Sarah Gilbert always warned against what is happening, happening. All the promises made by world leaders to Covax ( at least the US laid their cards on the table at the time they were keeping their own ) gradually being broken. Israel won’t give it to the Palestinians, that was the starting point.

Palestine has their own ministry of health, but never miss a chance for a bit of anti-Semitism, hey?

5 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Lol

Maybe now the South African and Brazilian variants are proven to reinfect you can put back up your posts from Ivor Cummins, I am pretty harmless, his views were dam right dangerous.

6 hours ago, Well b back said:

In fairness the EU put in a total of €2.72 billion into the research so AstraZeneca would have got huge amounts. Most of production if you remember for the trial was done by The Serum Institute. This is the problem when you get funded by various governments and not private funders like Pfizer. 

Interesting chart in the FT today looking at upfront investment per capita on vaccine development:

"The UK and US have each spent about seven times more upfront per capita on vaccine development, procurement and production than the EU, according to data gathered by Airfinity, a London-based life sciences analytics company. The EU’s vaccine procurement strategy is under increasing scrutiny after the bloc’s comparatively slow rollout suffered a further blow when AstraZeneca warned of supply problems. (chart via FT)"image.png.38371ac7b83332238176048fd296a46c.png

• Thanks 1

Easy to see why they are lashing out in all directions.

All so they could put their flag on it.

Edited by ricardo

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

As could and did others, nothing to do with Brexit, so afraid that does not explain it. 

Well,  Robert Peston seems to think so, and he was a remainer.  😂

'I understand Brexit better now!' Peston lifts lid on EU Oxford row with bombshell tweet

ROBERT PESTON has shamed the EU with a mistake-by-mistake breakdown of how the bloc got its vaccine rollout so wrong sparking delays and a huge fallout.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1389194/robert-peston-twitter-eu-covid-vaccine-news-brexit-astrazeneka-uk-vaccine-eu-news

The Desperation Of  Brexwits. A new book by me. Available in all good book stores soon. 

8 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Interesting chart in the FT today looking at upfront investment per capita on vaccine development:

"The UK and US have each spent about seven times more upfront per capita on vaccine development, procurement and production than the EU, according to data gathered by Airfinity, a London-based life sciences analytics company. The EU’s vaccine procurement strategy is under increasing scrutiny after the bloc’s comparatively slow rollout suffered a further blow when AstraZeneca warned of supply problems. (chart via FT)"image.png.38371ac7b83332238176048fd296a46c.png

Just shows that the remoaner WBB guy's data is always seemingly flawed just as it was on the whole Brexit saga with Project Fear. 😂

40 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Thanks for exposing WBB troll's hypocrisy yet again RTB  🤗

Edited by paul moy

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

Just shows that the remoaner WBB guy's data is always seemingly flawed just as it was on the whole Brexit saga with Project Fear. 😂

How do you know what I voted ? Lol

All my data is pretty good I would say, if people think it’s false by all means let me know and I will stop posting. Why can’t you discuss things instead of making it about we did better than you ? This thread I thought was about Coronavirus not Brexit, there is a separate thread for that.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

This thread I thought was about Coronavirus not Brexit, there is a separate thread for that.

How convenient that so many have forgotten the myriad posts on here bemoaning our not joining with the EU on the vaccine proccurement project. The contrast between our quick and decisive action compared with the EU's bungled effort couldn't be more stark. Be honest with yourselves, its a right royal fcuk up.

I can see how that sticks in the craw with more than a few.

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

All my data is pretty good I would say, if people think it’s false by all means let me know and I will stop posting. Why can’t you discuss things instead of making it about we did better than you ? This thread I thought was about Coronavirus not Brexit, there is a separate thread for that.

Ignore them WBB - you might catch something nasty.

Keep posting up the facts as you find them or ask probing questions.

Just be thankful that the people who make and distribute vaccines are more sensible.

Well WBB you have been most welcome giving us informed updates to what is actually going on. With a good dose of honesty too. Thanks. 👍

34 minutes ago, paul moy said:

25 minutes ago, Well b back said:

😂 I'd ignore him, he's a delusional idiot whose only expertise appears to be in fake news but even so, complaining about the accuracy of your data is really hilarious coming from someone whose uses the Daily Express as their primary reference source 😂🤣😂

Tempting though it is to correct the nonsense he posts, such as today for example, it really is a futile exercise as he is incapable, or unwilling (or perhaps both), of engaging in any reasonable, fact based discussion.

So I try to severely limit the time I spend replying to his nonsense and I've already used up this month's quota, but I admire your stamina and patience in trying to engage him in a reasonable discussion but..........🙄

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

National

20089 - 1631

Local

image.png.18a3e65d4f1dfefab52c0e2047284d62.png

image.png.7636ff6c11c01162d6afd96c2724664c.png

image.thumb.png.e7e751cae13393a650ea6d2c45d13c1e.png

This will be Sundays Vax figure, tomorrow will be a big one.

Edited by ricardo

6 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Figures just under 30k on Zoe today, drop continues but still struggling locally

Its quite patchy but overall dropping quite quickly now.

Rest assured WBB, not many of us have escaped the wrath of Moy and cohorts. There seems to be a lashing out at the moment. Did they really think Remainers wouldn't gloat at the monumental fcuk ups since the end of the year? 

That the EU may well be making their own fcuk ups is nothing to do with Brexit. It just reinforces the belief that all governments are not really fit for purpose.  For instance, for Mark Drakeford to say they are slowing down inoculating in case they run out is one example.

The vaccine roll out appears to be going well but there will be problems on such a grand scale. But at the moment, apart from lockdown, the vaccine is the only way we see a better future.

23 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Its quite patchy but overall dropping quite quickly now.

Yes daily positives have dropped significantly in last week or so, locally the decrease is a bit slower than nationally but still good news. Hospital admissions remain very high everywhere but seem to have levelled out. Deaths of course remain high to but perhaps signs of peaking now, hopefully with  seeable decreases there also.

At a time when the news naturally makes the headlines for the sad and bad points of this Covid virus nightmare with the 100k deaths  reached, at the same time Testings per head of 1mill populatin has reached 100%, actually more tests done now in UK than total population, 1st nation with 10 million or more to do so. Doesnt mean everyone's had a testing of course but its a great effort considering the hoo-ha that was caused last Spring by such a slow start in this country.

On the vax front to i think the UK has reacted as fast as it could possibly have done to.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Van wink said:

I have caring responsibilities for a highly vulnerable person Billy, I do shifts for the NHS, I had the AZ vaccine on Saturday. It’s all true buddy. I think we can all see who the creep is here. I’m blocking you now, I suspect most genuine people on here will understand why.

Bye

Odd how whenever the contradictions are exposed the story changes..... as so many other times. But at keast you have blocked me...again. That does seem your usual response as well. Save having to answer awkward questions I expect.

But good to see you seem to manage to find so much time in your busy day to post on here (12 today) .....might be an idea to post under one if your other names for a bit (though do check your spelling)

Odd how you have never mentioned this 'highly vulnerable person' before, or how your working at a quite high risk place fits in with you being a carer. to that person.

Should this matter, given your previous ? Most definitely, for the reasons previously stated.

Edited by Bill

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Good to see you are still in the land of the living, Bill.

Have you been jabbed yet?

Will that cure him of his odd obsessions?

Just now, Barbe bleu said:

Will that cure him of his odd obsessions?

No,  there are limits to what science can do.

21 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Good to see you are still in the land of the living, Bill.

Have you been jabbed yet?

nope, number 8 on the list

but good to see Barbie Boy so quick to deflect from his mate 😋