Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The Great Escape mini-league

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ah. Congrats. The first person I have had a use for the ignore button. Cheerio.

Only 5% of the forum have seen this post 😉

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:
6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ah. Congrats. The first person I have had a use for the ignore button. Cheerio.

Oh come on Lakey you are above that surely ?

If you follow the harrassment the guy has been giving me over the last couple of days, you might have had enough too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

If you follow the harrassment the guy has been giving me over the last couple of days, you might have had enough too.

Oh my god you snowflake........come on Lakey, you do ask for a discussion and when you get one you don’t like you get all victim.

Just now, Indy said:

Oh my god you snowflake........come on Lakey, you do ask for a discussion and when you get one you don’t like you get all victim.

It was obvious the victim card would come out sooner or later, he's been copping a lot of flak from a lot of people because of his attention-seeking antics.

The sad irony about this is that I've actually agreed with him and defended him on other threads in recent weeks, but now he's starting to blub because his latest round of trolling has backfired on him.

46 minutes ago, Indy said:

I put up with a heck of a lot on here and accept it, but when someone goes around goading others to have a go at me, which is what he was doing yesterday, I think it's time to call time on it.

Edited by lake district canary

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

The trouble is Crafty there are others on here as well.

Are the band getting back together? 😂😉

Live at St Andrews Hall... The Gangrenous Legs!!! 😆

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I put up with a heck of a lot on here and accet it, but when someone goes around goading others to have a go at me, which is what he was doing yesterday, I think it's time to call time on it.

What the actual...? What on earth are you banging on about?!

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Are the band getting back together? 😂😉

Live at St Andrews Hall... The Gangrenous Legs!!! 😆

I hope so🙃👍

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I put up with a heck of a lot on here and accept it, but when someone goes around goading others to have a go at me, which is what he was doing yesterday, I think it's time to call time on it.

Honestly,

You're on a diferent planet.

You accept your views are radical 

You know your view puts you in the minority

You know what you say will get a reaction.

You post your normal drivel/prematch pep talk Wed/Thur

Imediately after every defeat (almost asif you enjoy it) you post to tell us all we'll be ok.

Youve now resorted to telling anyone who as a different view to 'get a grip'

You continue you start thread after thread instead of contributing to others that are the same topic, of which all your threads are identically themed and consist of 3000 words when 50 will suffice

You cant handle any challenge that consists of stats, evidence and rationale.

You are an attention seeker and you thrive off the reaction.

You must live a very sad, meaningless life if this is how you get your kicks.

Oh and you cry poor tale when everyone gets fed up with you.

Edited by CDMullins
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

But your thread title was goading a reaction from other to say Get A Grip was to cause a reaction which you got! Can’t have it both ways my friend.

Anyhow let’s get back to this thread Lakey, as pointed out the fact we’re 8 points behind means we need to pick up .74 points per game more than those above us, so need to win three for all others to lose three more than we do in our last 16 games, when we’ve only won three games in 22.......And as said we’ve only taken 1 point from those teams you’ve listed having played one of them twice already. Add to that they all play each other and will take points from each other meaning one or two of them will pull away from this battle. Come February we will have ten games left and that list will be four teams in the mini league.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

........ If we can win against Bnmth, it gives us a bit of hope and drags them further into the bottom three.......

Right LDC does this mean that if we fail to beat Bournemouth you'll finally admit we're doomed ?

No ? Didn't think so 😉

This lake district canary dude remind me of a poster from many years ago when I was last here. 

Can't remember his username, but always always posted baiting, obnoxious stuff. Think he might have died. 

I might have some hope if we hadn't struggled against all of these teams at some point this season.

Brighton, Watford and the first game at Villa were three of our worst performances.

I just don't see anything that suggests we're going to turn around and win more than a couple of the games v these teams.

25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What a load of nonsense.

Yes that is what you post. Day after day. Give it a rest man

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I might have some hope if we hadn't struggled against all of these teams at some point this season.

Brighton, Watford and the first game at Villa were three of our worst performances.

I just don't see anything that suggests we're going to turn around and win more than a couple of the games v these teams.

I hear you. Hopeless against Watford, rolled over by Villa...

Yet we HAVE played well in plenty of games without seeing them out subsequently. Whether that is down to naivety, lack of concentration, inept performances or maybe just not capitalising and taking our chances when on top is open to debate. Perhaps it’s all of them?

Signing a “10” with a goal scoring pedigree might turn a few of those draws into wins and defeats into draws or better. It’s a straw. 

I really don’t think we’re far away from those above us and if we can maybe secure another one or two, Duda works out and Emi finds some goals to compliment the rest of his outstanding play...you never know. 

As asks go, it’s enormous. Yet other teams seem to have considered themselves “safe” prior to Watford and Soton going on runs. We’ll need an almighty run and it looks hugely unlikely on the face of it but I’m not willing to throw the towel in just yet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s over. Anyone can see that. The worst points haul at this stage of all our premier seasons. Some good incidual players and raw talent but not enough physicality or quality to compete. Every impartial fan says the same - we don’t deserve to be doing better given the refusal to spend on promotion. And don’t give me VAR - the table is nit lying. We are bottom for a reason and will be doing down. Which makes spending money on a midfield six month loan rather inexplicable. We should be signing players for the future ahead of the likely exodus 

What will be interesting is how much the two teams that come down with us spent, assuming that LDC is right about the likely candidates and excluding anything they spend in the January transfer the amounts are:

Brighton          £58M        

Burnley            £15M    

West Ham       £78M     

Watford           £45M         

Aston Villa      £144M        

Bournemouth £45M

Given those amounts is it fair to suggest it is not just about how much a team spends and at least one of the clubs coming down with us s an experienced Premier League team........

52 minutes ago, Nono said:

This lake district canary dude remind me of a poster from many years ago when I was last here. 

Can't remember his username, but always always posted baiting, obnoxious stuff. Think he might have died. 

George Michael ? 

40 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

First Wizard would be most offended 😉

Why, was he the other ,talentless   one from Wham! Then?

I thought the whole point of the Relegation Mini league (copyright Mr Chops) was that only the games played between the members of the Mini League were counted?

So here it is-

WARNING-VIEWERS OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION MAY WANT TO LOOK AWAY NOW

Home      Home      Away    Away     Total    Total

Played     Points     Played  Points   Played Points

Brighton                    4               8               2           3             6           11

Burnley                      4               9              4           8             8            17  

West Ham                 2               6             5           9             7             13

Watford                     5              4              3           6             8              10

Aston Villa                6              8              3           6             9              14

Bournemouth           4             2              5           7             9                9

Norwich                    2             0              6            1            8                1

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I thought the whole point of the Relegation Mini league (copyright Mr Chops) was that only the games played between the members of the Mini League were counted?

So here it is-

WARNING-VIEWERS OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION MAY WANT TO LOOK AWAY NOW

Home      Home      Away    Away     Total    Total

Played     Points     Played  Points   Played Points

Brighton                    4               8               2           3             6           11

Burnley                      4               9              4           8             8            17  

West Ham                 2               6             5           9             7             13

Watford                     5              4              3           6             8              10

Aston Villa                6              8              3           6             9              14

Bournemouth           4             2              5           7             9                9

Norwich                    2             0              6            1            8                1

Yes that’s exactly what the mini league threads were , and jolly interesting they were too. Highly relevant and of interest to us simple posters . The seasons we were at the top of these mini leagues, which by definition involve classic “6 pointers” , we survived. 

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, but using arguments that are an insult to people’s intelligence (and then threatening to flounce off when they react ,and then not flouncing off) don’t help the cause at all.

Just fills the board up with rubbish that we then have to sift through when we are looking for information . 

I said earlier that our record against the teams we have to beat is shocking - possibly the worst I can recall- I actually hadn’t realised that in the relation to the others it was even worse! 

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

A while ago your buzz word was “snowflake” and you were happy to bound it around at anyone who offered different views.

Yet more contradictory, and snowflake behaviour.