Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Question for season ticket holders, past and present...

How long have you had your season ticket? Or how long did you have it if you have since given it up?

I’m sure this has been asked before but am interested to know the number of years/seasons people on here have had their season ticket. What kept you renewing? Were you ever tempted to cancel? If you have cancelled, why so? Whereabouts do you sit and have you moved around the ground?

I’ve now been a ST holder for 10 years and have moved seats 4 times between the city and Barclay but love my current seat/view on the halfway line behind the away dugout. I love looking back and remembering/reliving what I’ve witnessed.. 4 promotions, 2 relegations, a season I thought wouldn’t be bettered for entertainment (10/11) until Mr Farke came along, wins against Man U, Arsenal, heavy losses to Man City, Liverpool, the 5-4 against Liverpool, the late winners against Millwall (the first time round, Lansbury), Bristol city, Bolton. The perfectly scripted Reading game including Holts revenge. Holty vs 1p5wich. Klose vs 1p5wich. THE Derby game, THE Millwall game, THE Forest comeback. THE Mario free kick. Promotion at Carrow rd.

And of course, my first game as a ST holder, City 1 Colchester 7. Little did I know what the following 10 years would hold when I sat in a rapidly emptying Carrow rd on that sunny afternoon. Frustration, pain, excitement, anticipation, jubilation etc etc...but always entertainment and joy at watching my team. Here’s to the next 10 and more....

• Like 1

Last year was my first without a season ticket since 01/02.

In my time I started in the family corner, moved to the upper Barclay (which was far and away my least favourite place to sit) and finally settled on the middle of the Jarrold. I always went with my Dad.

Closest I ever came to canceling before I did was under Hughton- I was living in London and dragging myself to Norwich on the train every other weekend to watch us tamely get beaten was becoming a chore. If we'd have stayed up and not sacked him I think I would have chucked it then.

In the end, I made the choice to let my season ticket go for a couple of reasons. Me and my wife were looking to start a family and justifying the expense and time out of the house was becoming more and more difficult. Also, my Dad was missing more and more games due to receiving treatment for cancer so we decided against renewing but planned to try and make it to a few home games a season. Unfortunately, he passed away before last season kicked off and I couldn't really face going to Carrow Road on my own for a while. 

We've just had our first child (so I'll blame lack of sleep if I've been a bit of a **** on here recently) so I'm unlikely to take up a season ticket again in the next few years but I'm looking forward to introducing him to all things Norwich City soon.

• Like 4

I gave up my first season ticket at the age of 17 to play men’s football on a Saturday afternoon. Injuries finished that at the age of 27 so I then went back to a season ticket for several years which I gave up two seasons ago. Nothing to do with the football but about spending more time with my young family. I can honestly say that I don’t regret that at all.

I'm pretty sure my first season as a season ticket holder was the year after our 1995 relegation. My first game was the second home game of the 1992/93 season. I attended a couple more games that season and the next with my Dad and sister and another family. We became members the following season and went to a few more (including the UEFA Cup games) and the season after that too. After relegation the club slashed the ticket prices, my old man paid £17 for mine and my sister's child tickets.

So I can't be certain, but I think 95/96 was my first season as a season ticket holder.

There have been seasons where I have considered jacking it in, thinking about the holidays I could take the family on as an alternative to a season ticket, but I don't think I've ever seriously contemplated giving it up. It's habitual now. I took my eldest to a couple of games a few seasons back but she wasn't too interested, I certainly picked the wrong games with her first being the FA Cup 3rd Round against Man City on a freezing cold January in which we got smashed. My boy attended his first game last year and was a lot more keen. He went to three more after that, including THAT Millwall match, so he's keen. If he carries on that vein I might have to get him on the waiting list and if he ends up with a season ticket I guess that'll be me tired for another near 25 years.

I've had a season ticket since 93/94 I think. We did have a couple of season tickets in the upper riverend as a family before that for 3 or 4 seasons in the late 80's but my dad used to have to work on most Saturdays so I just bought casual tickets for a few years and then I got my own season ticket once I was old enough to. The kids/students tickets were very cheap in those days as I recall. 

Have had a season ticket every year since then. From memory initially it was unreserved seating in the Barclay but from the point that we actually had to have a designated seat I moved seats once within the Barclay itself to sit next to my mates and then once more recently (I think when we went down to league 1) from the Barclay to the Snakepit. I don't live locally any more and I don't get to every home game but I can't bring myself to part with it as I just like to know I can get in to any game I want, know I've got a good seat and obviously for a lot of recent years demand has been such that if you give up your season ticket there has been no guarantee you could get another one. 

Season ticket between 77 to 87 I think, in the South stand,  then a casual, home and away  as working away, season ticket since about 96 until now, City stand then South stand and then City stand again.

Edited by Rivvo
Dodgy comma!

I have had my current season ticket and same seat for 20 years. Would never give up my season ticket, only thing that would stop me going is my health, I hope to be going for years to come (regardless of what league we are in). I say current as I went from paying at the gate to a season ticket standing in the River End, broken only by the fact I started playing footy on a Saturday.....

After going to games with my dad on a regular basis since I was little, he got me a season ticket in 2004, which was on the front row of the lower Barclay. I gave it up in 2008 when I went away for university and since then I've been a member, super member, priority member or whatever they have decided to market it as at the time. In those eleven years, I've only missed one game when I've been back in Norfolk, and that was against Chelsea in 2011/12 when we couldn't get tickets. I expect that very short list will become longer by the end of the season.

This is now my 5th season as an ST holde, in the lower barclay next to the snake pit, quite close to the pitch in row L. Although there are better views i love it there as you not only get the atmosphere from the snake pit and Barclay but also the players warming up directly in front of you (which last season was especially good banter with Rhodes, Derby game when the lights went out worth a special mention, some great banter).

I do live in Berkshire so its a 4hr train journey each way to get to and from CR (or more when they decide to put replacement busses for half the journey from London). I almost gave up the ST this season as have just had a baby and missed a lot of last season throughout the pregnancy, but have come to a share agreement with the person I sit next to so i'll be doing about half the games if the stars align.

Due to the long journey mid-week games are nigh impossible, so glad we won't have too many of them this season. Instead i've just got Sky and BT changing fixture times and dates to contend with... Won't be there tomorrow, but will be singing nice and loud at the tele instead!

I've been going since 1953 and had a ST for approx 60 years. Can't remember the exact year because my dad got the first few. I've no idea why I keep renewing, apart from the emotional attachment of going with my dad and uncle in the early days. I've lived in London for most of that time, and that journey is enough to drive a sane man crazy. Most of my QPR and Chelski pals think I'm nuts when they do the trip. In fact we've got a golf tour in Norfolk in a couple of weeks so that'll be a few more who think I'm nuts.

Edited by Mind the gap

56 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I have had my current season ticket and same seat for 20 years. Would never give up my season ticket, only thing that would stop me going is my health, I hope to be going for years to come (regardless of what league we are in). I say current as I went from paying at the gate to a season ticket standing in the River End, broken only by the fact I started playing footy on a Saturday.....

Is it the same seat or have you got a swish new one?

😉

I got my first season ticket when I started in decently paid employment in 1984 and kept it until 1995 when I switched from sunday football to saturdays because we'd started a family...when I retired from playing football in 2003-4 that coincided with the new south stand being opened and me and my two boys were able to get season tickets for the last third of that season which we've had ever since...I started in the barclay when the season ticket was a little book of tickets individually printed for each match - I really liked those...😀

I've had a S/T for 10 years now. Haven't ever really been seriously tempted to give it up, but did get close once or twice. I don't sit with any of my pals I go with, but meet in the bar at half-time. This is quite nice really as I've made friends with those around me and also some of the guys further down (I always head towards the exit with a couple of mins to go so I don't get stuck and chat to people down there too).

I sit in the Lower Barclay, block D, on the very last row (hence the making my way down bit). Kind of cool as we can stand up for the entire game without anyone giving us any grief. Mainly because, if we didn't stand, we wouldn't be able to see the game at all!

Edited by BobLoz3

Season ticket holder since 1975 when seats were put in the South stand. Moved to River End when the new stand was built and been there ever since.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Season ticket holder since 1975 when seats were put in the South stand. Moved to River End when the new stand was built and been there ever since.

Has the bike been with you since 1975 ?

45 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Has the bike been with you since 1975 ?

No🚴‍♂️😁

Fiftieth birthday present from Mrs R.

For those that have moved from City / South to Barclay / River and vice versa, what drove your change  - do you enjoy the game more from one perspective v’s the other? 

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

No🚴‍♂️😁

Fiftieth birthday present from Mrs R.

So you had it before your season ticket then 😋

Edited by cornish sam

I got a half season ticket the year they opened the new south stand so what was that, 03/04 if my memory serves me right, the year we won the first division (glory hunter I know) and had one ever since, had 3 different seats in the lower barclay and now just started my second season in the south stand. Moved for a better view and the chance to sit down at games (my dad is 60 this year) and haven't regretted moving, despite the moaning chap who sits in front of me. 

I had a season ticket with my grandad from 1999 until 2008/2009 season in Geoffrey watling, then moved to block e in Lower Barclay 2009/2010 season until 2014/2015. Gave my ticket up as job required me to work all weekend and then played football after changed jobs. And now have kids so no hope getting a ticket for a while. Just wish I kept my ticket.