Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Are we nearly there

I think the great thing is, we haven't had games (yet) where a team has been able to stop us from creating or scoring chances.  Bristol previously had a decent defensive record, Sheff Utd, Leeds, West Brom - all have pretty good defences.  Even at Preston, we created so many chances - on another night, we'd have won comfortably there as well.  Of all the remaining games, only Middlesbrough have what I would call a strong defence. 

Keeping everyone fit is important - but then, we have Rhodes, Cantwell, Klose, Hanley, Leitner, Tettey and Vrancic all waiting to come back in if needed.

The great thing about the squad at the moment is when we have an injury, there's always a replacement to come in and prove that he should be in the team !

Another part of the "are we nearly there" saga is of course not just where we are but where our southern neighbours are. This could well be the season which the Binner fans will want to forget, but which we will forever remember.

Time to get the bog cleaning Blue Action to clean out the bins to.

3 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Another part of the "are we nearly there" saga is of course not just where we are but where our southern neighbours are. This could well be the season which the Binner fans will want to forget, but which we will forever remember.

Time to get the bog cleaning Blue Action to clean out the bins to.

Cillit Bin, that's what's needed

Good news I've just done the predictions and this is how it finished 

Champions = Norwich City

Runner up = Sheffield Utd.

Play off's

West Brom

Leeds

Bristol City

Middlesbrough

Feeling a lot better now !

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Good news I've just done the predictions and this is how it finished 

Champions = Norwich City

Runner up = Sheffield Utd.

Play off's

West Brom

Leeds

Bristol City

Middlesbrough

Feeling a lot better now !

I hope you are right but I can't be sure as my Time Machine has gone in for a service.

• Haha 1

No comment on the first four positions in my predictor other than it involves Leeds, Norwich, Sheff Utd and WBA, and the last two playoff spots being contested by Bristol, Forest and Middlesbrough all finishing on the same points total.... so GD the decider 🙂 Have confidence, and don't transmit any nervousness to the team.

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 09.18.55.png

Edited by Surfer
Added table

Wow - 94 points for the champions.  That's 10 wins out of 12 for Sheff U (including playing Preston, Sheff Wed, Leeds, Brentford, Forest and Birmingham).  Its the same for Leeds (who play WBA, Bristol, Sheff U, Birmingham, Preston and Brentford) or 9 and a draw for us (Boro and Sheff Wed are our 'tough' games).  West brom are the dark horses, if they win tonight, they're right back in it. 

If anyone gets over 90, they deserve to go up!

I am just loving this season ! 90 pts... gets me dreaming again... We've got the players to do it!

#otbc

4 hours ago, Woodman said:

Wow - 94 points for the champions.  That's 10 wins out of 12 for Sheff U (including playing Preston, Sheff Wed, Leeds, Brentford, Forest and Birmingham).  Its the same for Leeds (who play WBA, Bristol, Sheff U, Birmingham, Preston and Brentford) or 9 and a draw for us (Boro and Sheff Wed are our 'tough' games).  West brom are the dark horses, if they win tonight, they're right back in it. 

If anyone gets over 90, they deserve to go up!

What's included in my guessing about future results is belief in momentum, that teams in the top positions thrive under pressure and go on extended runs late in the season until that pressure is relieved and they naturally relax. No facts to back that idea up, but if for example the 94 points were for Sheff Utd, would you be surprised to look back and see they only lost games to Leeds and Forest?  

5 hours ago, ricardo said:

I'd happily wager that no team will get 94 points.

Sounds like something for the Pups Ricardo! If Norwich reach 94 points or greater, will you forfeit a donation to a great cause? 😁

Even though I wanted WestBrom to win today, I’m also glad that Leeds won and went top. It will keep the players on their toes and avoid complacency at the business end of the season.

Also, I’m not for one second buying into the ‘easy fixture’ list at this time of year. If we were coming out of Christmas and I to the New Year with the same list of games to play, then maybe. But just as we are fighting for an automatic spot, so too are just about half the teams we’re set to play fighting to reach guaranteed safety and avoid relegation.

One game at a time and every opponent requires respect.

My only genuine concern is that some of the teams fighting for survival may become desperate and end up injuring a couple of our players. Other than that, I approach each game with a quiet confidence that business will be taken of.

1 hour ago, CirclePoint said:

My only genuine concern is that some of the teams fighting for survival may become desperate and end up injuring a couple of our players. Other than that, I approach each game with a quiet confidence that business will be taken of.

Fortunately, we've got most of our players back from injury, that said, we've not had much protection from the referees in some of those games. We're approaching the Blackburn return game, a particularly nasty event which saw them blatantly target our ball players. 

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

That’s another big step. Sheffield Utd losing Monday would be huge

Should be a good 'un - both teams unbeaten in at least the last five fixtures and a derby match to boot.

Can dream of a Wednesday win to really set up us for the home run.

If we win the next 3 games, which I think we will, we will be on 78 points.

So to get to 90 we will only need 12 points from a possible 21 over the last 7 games.

So that is 1.74 points per game.

For the season we are averaging 1.97 per game and for the last 6 games we have averaged 2.5 points per game.

Whatever happens, I just hope we're not going to Villa Park on the final day needing a result.

My own take (for a couple of months now) is that we could have it in our hands to confirm promotion against Stoke away in late April, still with 2 games to play.

13 hours ago, sonyc said:

My own take (for a couple of months now) is that we could have it in our hands to confirm promotion against Stoke away in late April, still with 2 games to play.

I’m supposed to be at work that day so yeah it will probably be then