Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Lambert Beginning To Smell The Coffee.

Because they're not tied to self funding I wonder how much they'll spend? What was their net spend in the summer? Will be interesting...

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Because they're not tied to self funding I wonder how much they'll spend? What was their net spend in the summer? Will be interesting...

Yes, I expect that they will spend tens of millions - I wish we had an owner that was prepared to take on debt like them :classic_unsure:

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Big 2 games next for them ...millwall (h)...rotherham (h)....

Anything less than probably 4 points and its surely curtains?

Pretty close. It's not just the points that they don't win, it's the points it guarantees those two team do win that will hurt them. In the best case scenario the table could read Reading 20, Ipswich 21, Rotherham 22, Bolton 22, Millwall 25 if everything breaks their way. 

But I think they will draw with Millwall and at the same time Rotherham and Reading could beat Preston and Swansea, although I don't see Bolton getting anything out of Hull. If so, that'll put Ipswich on 16, Bolton 22, Reading 23, Rotherham 25, Millwall 26. i.e. 9 points + GD behind 21st place with a whole 10 days to stew on things before their second home game against Rotherham. That really will then be a "do or die" pressure match. 

I'll be cheering Millwall on tomorrow.... 

Surely he has been saying the right things publicly to enamour himself with the fans and ME,  after his horrendous start he now needs to start to protect himself and as such he is gently criticising what has gone on before his arrival. Can't blame the bloke, after all he is only human.

....still think theyre going to get out of it...logic suggests they shouldnt, but at least Reading have finally appointed a new manager and millwall have put a couple of results together

....theyre still not adrift enough for a team who've won 2 games in just over half a season should be for my liking.....won't rest until it becomes double figures

Ha ha, I think they are doomed Capt Mainwering! All the other teams seem to offer the odd glimmer of hope, I suppose the Jan window will define who goes and who stays in the league. Their only hope Isco that ME  ought up the cash.

There is no chance they will escape relegation. I suspect we may have to wait a while until we meet them again after may. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, East Rider said:

There is no chance they will escape relegation. I suspect we may have to wait a while until we meet them again after may. 

If ever 

Familiar words from him. To lend a hand is his favourite. And we loved him when he said it in respect to us. That is football and we move on to give him stick and of course a lot of smug smiles.

Is there a ceiling to debt? Its a bit like playing Poker. Once you have bet so much you have to keep going. I don't envisage the players he is after costing too much in terms of the total debt.

If they are well adrift at the bottom can they go into administration?

They have done before. I would imagine there might well be a penalty for doing it twice nowadays. But that is one way of clearing debt. But can you do it when the debt is to your owner?

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Familiar words from him. To lend a hand is his favourite. And we loved him when he said it in respect to us. That is football and we move on to give him stick and of course a lot of smug smiles.

Is there a ceiling to debt? Its a bit like playing Poker. Once you have bet so much you have to keep going. I don't envisage the players he is after costing too much in terms of the total debt.

If they are well adrift at the bottom can they go into administration?

They have done before. I would imagine there might well be a penalty for doing it twice nowadays. But that is one way of clearing debt. But can you do it when the debt is to your owner?

Little point in them going into administration as Evans owns all the debt. What would he gain, absolutely nothing, and they would lose ten points, likely to be administered in the 19/20 season when they are in league 1.

He's in danger of blowing his cover too early though, as many agents do at IT. However, I think they'll stick with him even if they do go down.

"I don't think we need one or two, we need at least half a dozen lads in to come and give us a hand."
 - That's not a hand, that's a hand over !
Just an admission that their current squad isn't cutting it

No wonder your team loses when you say this! Not an endorsement. 10 off 4th from bottom.

Hope we add to their misery but most of all to Lambert. I still recall his fist pumping gestures to the city stand when villa scored against us. There is some karma to come.

• Like 1

Just the 6 then, that should make the rest of the squad feel great about themselves. They are going to need near Championship winning form to get out of that mess.

The loss to Millwall and Rotherham winning buries them. Ten points adrift.

Lambert can target players but it's tough to see who would want to play in that environment.

They have been slow to catch on. In fact, as slow as their team this season.

Edited by sonyc

Norwich have already beaten a post-Norwich Lambert side already but it went mostly unnoticed !!

It would have been sweet if the Norwich Ipswich fixture had been late enough in the season for it to seal an auto promotion slot for Norwich in the same game that it sent Ipswich down.

6 minutes ago, Commando Canary said:

Great to see Rotherham win today, gives them confidence going into the Town game.

Indeed....if they can come away from their dump with a point it would maintain the gap from safety with harder games to then come

Well that was a terrible day from an Ipswich perspective :-). Steve Morison and his pals did us proud there. Ten points behind Rotherham in 21st place now. Only slight consolation is the form guide, three points better than Wigan and two points better than Reading over the past 5 games.

As for us, at least our lead over 3rd and 7th positions remain unchanged. Such a shame we lost to Derby. Time to give all the first team a rest and get ready to go again Jan 11 at West Brom.

Edited by Surfer
Deleted graphic for storage space

1 hour ago, K Lo said:

What does the WA column mean ?

Wins Ahead i.e. how many additional wins v our record would the teams below us need to catch us. And WB is Wins Behind, i.e. how many additional wins would Ipswich need to catch the teams above them. 

Ah.OK. Thanks.

Obviously can not include GD because three 1-0 wins may not get you as far up the table as three 5-0 wins !