Sign in to follow this  
pete

Another Krul Clanger

15 hours ago, Herman said:

Is there any way that we can blame him for us not scoring?😉

This is a bit like when Vincent Tan said he was disappointed that the Cardiff keeper wasn't scoring more goals 😂

• Haha 1

If Krul had dropped a clanger just before half-time, letting the greasy ball slip through his hands, we would definitely have scored at least two in the second half. I blame Krul for not dropping the ball and costing us two points. Get rid in January.

Edited by westcoastcanary
  • Haha 2

On 28/11/2018 at 14:09, westcoastcanary said:

If Krul had dropped a clanger just before half-time, letting the greasy ball slip through his hands, we would definitely have scored at least two in the second half.

This guy knows the plan. 😀

Well I've watched it and again Krul did the right thing to get his body behind the ball to make a good save.  He obviously wants to hold on to those, but especially if wet they are going to rebound out sometmes. 

Can't believe a canary call caller has just mooted Forster as a replacement for Krul. Believed to be on up to 100k a week at Southampton and confidence is shot to bits. Again like with "Lambert the messiah" People remember all to easily the good times here and not whats gone on since. I loved FF when he was here but if your criticising Krul for the odd mistake (and no they are not all clangers) then please take a quick look at Southampton forums for their current opinions on Forster! 

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well I've watched it and again Krul did the right thing to get his body behind the ball to make a good save.  He obviously wants to hold on to those, but especially if wet they are going to rebound out sometmes. 

I'm going to defend Krul. It looked like the ball came through a number of players and he did well to get down to it. The defenders were sluggish at that stage hence the chance in the first place. 

Just think, with a better quality keeper we may have won 8 out of 8 rather than a paltry 7.

Remind me what the score was in that draw again?

Now thats a clanger (Rudd) I don't believe Rotherhams goal today -  a shot fired hard and bouncing low through bodies on a wet pitch and looking like its going to go just inside of the post can possibly be considered a howler when the keeper manages to get something on it. 

But it's always been this way. There must always be a scapegoat and with Krul the closest thing we have to one right now I don't doubt this post will be bumped every time we concede a goal. If we weren't scoring so many up the other end i'm sure people would be highlighting the missed opportunities we had at the end to make it 4 or 5 - 1

People need to have a little think of the overall perspective on Krul, whether you like him or don't. Ultimately, yes, he has made mistakes, but which outfield player doesn't? Its only highlighted more-so when its a goalkeeper. He has on the flip side made some great saves and these should be recognised also. For me personally, the positives outweigh the negatives and we should be thankful of a keeper like him, who clearly buys into NCFC and wants to be here. He's part of our team and therefore part of our incredible run, indicating he's contributed to it. 

Edited by JB
  • Like 2

Just posted this on the Rotherham match thread about Villa's goal at Boro, but in the spirit of today's posts on here .........

"Goal keeping error by the Championship's most reliable keeper, Randolph. And a few minutes earlier he had pushed a left handed save straight out; in this instance though Villa had no one following up and Boro had two defenders back to clear. Given that earlier in the afternoon Leeds were gifted three points by another keeping error, maybe some posters should stop pretending that TK is uniquely fallible."

Edited by westcoastcanary
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Now THAT is what you'd call a clanger 😲 .....especially when it gift-wrapped our nearest rivals 2 more points than they should have got from the game

Yep my thoughts exactly 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Anyone blaming Krul today doesn't know a great deal about football/goalkeeping.

Absolutely disagree. He should have pushed it round the post. As somebody who plays in goal, and is generally a Krul fan, I have no qualms with saying the goal was Krul's fault.

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Absolutely disagree. He should have pushed it round the post. As somebody who plays in goal, and is generally a Krul fan, I have no qualms with saying the goal was Krul's fault.

As a goalkeeper you should know that it is important to get down quickly to low shots and that is what Krul did - and he got his body behind the ball, which is also good technique.  It got away from him, an error - but a forced error, not just a mistake.

It's been a poor day for keeping overall. I haven't seen the Randoph one yet, but of the howlers I've seen so far today, Rudd's has to the worst, followed by Henderson and then the Ipswich keepers screw up for the Forest first goal.

But teams have clearly noticed and are targeting Krul's weakness with long range shots. But when you consider Angus Gunn and Danny Ward went for £10+million moves only to sit on the bench, it shows you what the market is like.

In that situation, with strikers lurking around the 6 yard box, it should be safety first and push it round the post. No ifs, no buts.

Another Randolph error just gifted Villa a third goal. Shot from outside the penalty area by Whelan, not through a crowd of players, went through his hands as he stooped to gather, hit him on the toe and ricocheted into the net. That's three errors from him in one game, two goals resulting. 

7 minutes ago, kick it off said:

In that situation, with strikers lurking around the 6 yard box, it should be safety first and push it round the post. No ifs, no buts.

According to DF it should anyway have been disallowed for offside. Anybody seen a replay of it? If we rely on offside instead of tracking runs, we need to get it right rather than leaving Krul exposed when making difficult saves.

32 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

Another Randolph error just gifted Villa a third goal. Shot from outside the penalty area by Whelan, not through a crowd of players, went through his hands as he stooped to gather, hit him on the toe and ricocheted into the net. That's three errors from him in one game, two goals resulting. 

FFS. Randolph and the entire Boro defence are in my championship fantasy team. 

39 minutes ago, kick it off said:

FFS. Randolph and the entire Boro defence are in my championship fantasy team. 

Shame on you kick it off. They are every one of them tarnished with Pulis's brush and should be beyond consideration for any fantasy football team........... (and please don't tell me you have Ryan Shawcross in your team as well)  :classic_laugh:

Not a clanger but in an ideal world would have parried it away from goal.

My thoughts also. But I was equally disappointed with our lack of concentration to allow matey all that space by the edge of the box and the lack of reaction when Krul saved it.