River End Canary

The scum are in a world of trouble

Had a quick look on twtd, the general view is that’s the best they’ve in ages and as there’s still 87 points to play for they’ll be fine 😀

I think PL will get them playing well enough to just get them out of trouble which looking at them two weeks ago and how woefull they  played then it’s enough for their supporters to ask for another star on their shirts.

• Haha 1

Lots of backslapping on twtd about how well theyve done since lambert took over......failure to beat a 10 man team at home who had an outfield player in goal for 20mins......and today throwing a lead away vs a poor team which cuts them further adrift from safety

Can't see it TBF. But what I did see is that about every 6th or 7th thread is about Ipswich Town. On what I believe is Suffolk's biggest fan forum there at least 5 things more interesting than their football club.

3 hours ago, Mr Tea said:

I think PL will get them playing well enough to just get them out of trouble which looking at them two weeks ago and how woefull they  played then it’s enough for their supporters to ask for another star on their shirts.

They gave it their all today and still couldn't win. They are the deadest of dead ducks. Lambert may have improved them but there aren't three teams poorer than them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ricardo said:

They gave it their all today and still couldn't win. They are the deadest of dead ducks. Lambert may have improved them but there aren't three teams poorer than them.

We were saying this on the way home yesterday. There are , realistically a maximum of 7 teams in the relegation mix. 1p5wich require, not only themselves to hit some pretty superb, sustained,  form, but 3 teams to be pretty dire. The Binners goal difference is already standing out, and that normally is a sign.

Their manager says they controlled the game yesterday. The stats say different. 

They are managing to turn Lambert's dismal start of just two points from six against two other fellow strugglers into some sort cause for celebration based upon the fact that the team apparently played a deal better in the first half yesterday.

Clutching at straws springs to mind. Needing more than a point a game now (if safety is forty points) they will need to improve upon that "good" form consistently for the next twenty nine ... and I cannot see them beating us for a starters.

I actually watched some of that game on a steam yesterday ... having consistently failed to find the City game (and anxious to transfer Vipbox on to my Smart TV for the first time.) They looked half decent in the first half, but the Reading defence was appalling. Even then the binmen required route one (very) and the denial of an obvious penalty to the home side to remain ahead at the interval.

In the second half Reading became more and more dominant and should have snatched it in the end. Baldock missed two sitters.

Btw. Paul Lambert is beginning to make my flesh creep when being interviewed. Both him and  Alex Neal were questioned after their respective games yesterday and I found myself feeling for the Wee man much more fondly by comparison.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Lambert' post match interview stated that Ipswich in the first half played as well as any team he'd ever managed. Idiot. What about when we trounced them, to take just one example. He's a difficult man to like now.

When Lambert took over they were 3 points adrift at the foot of the table and for those two games since it crept to 5 after the first game and did not improve yesterday. Their goal difference is the worst in the Division and an 18 point gap between us has been extended to 22 points !

Deluded Scummers crawling all over TWTD dreaming that salvation is on the horizon.

When Lambert took over they were 3 points adrift at the foot of the table and for those two games since it crept to 5 after the first game and did not improve yesterday. Their goal difference is the worst in the Division and an 18 point gap between us has been extended to 22 points !

Deluded Scummers crawling all over TWTD dreaming that salvation is on the horizon.

I think their next 5 or 6games will determine their season.

At the moment the farmhands are banking on some January transfer business that will boost their squad. Even bleating about a supposed £10m war chest, which was soon forget when it was found to be nothing more than the usual guff from the Sun.

They will need (in those games) to average around a point and a half per game to be on level points with those above them by Jan so as to give them a fighting chance in the second half of the season.

Those game will demonstrate, after a fornight's break, whether Lambert can turn them round, as well as picking up the necessary points desperately needed.

Unfortunately 3 of the 5 games are against WBA, Forest and Sheff Utd.

Oh dear (as some might say)

On 10/11/2018 at 19:18, River End Canary said:

E749516D-6916-4284-9B03-1EEA240240C7.jpeg

I think the photo actually shows some young binners kneeling in reverence to wee George (Burley) as he heads to the buffet/bar

Edited by Bill

Lambert seems to have become a modern day Svengali since he arrived at Portman Road.

He has the supporters mesmerised to a man (and the occasional lady of course; a term loosely applied to the female half of Ipswich no doubt.)

The general feeling is that they only have to keep apace with their relegation rivals until the New Year and then the owner's millions will permit PL's experience, expertise and connections in the transfer market to strengthen them sufficiently enough to send them soaring up the league.

It's as easy as that apparently and their various wish lists fall just short of having a combination of Messi and Ronaldo in attack.

I quite liked Agent Hurst, but Agent Lambert is finishing the job with aplomb.

Some might say such frivolity at our rival's expense is inadvisable as football has a habit of biting you in the bum and fortunes can rapidly change.

Seize the moment, say I. As moments go they don't get much better than that provided by a quick glance at the Championship table this Monday morning.

It’s like they have joined some drug related cult.

known of them are facing up to the reality of their situation 

2 easy games and they only got 2 points. WBA will destroy their dreams and hopefully Wes plays a part in it

So I checked the last 18 years, pretty much every club bottom after 17 games is relegated, only exceptions are 07/08 where we were bottom and Roeder performed a small miracle and 08/09 where the entire bottom 3 escaped relegation (and we were relegated) and Ipswich are going to be bottom for possibly another 3 or 4 games.

The reality is they will need a similar miracle to escape the drop, not impossible no but the delusion on twtd is crazy if they think a couple of draws against two of the worst teams in the league is a sign of a massive turnaround.

If Lambert can get them out of this he truly can claim to be the messiah of East Anglia!

Edited by Ginja
  • Like 1