River End Canary

The scum are in a world of trouble

I bow to the knowledge of some on here looking at previous seasons but its only 5 points . Yes its not as if they are winning those every few games but we have got so much of the season still to run it more than doable.  

But what ever.

Yes its amusing to see them down there but im more interested in our and others around us TBH.

As a separate point can anyone really tell me the difference between our early season team and what we have now ? Even Ricardo was predicting a hard fought mid table nothing to get excited about season yet here we are at the top ?

I won't pretend that I go to many games nowadays  but follow I do  but really , whats changed so much in the last  10 or so games ?

Just now, Mr Tea said:

As a separate point can anyone really tell me the difference between our early season team and what we have now ? Even Ricardo was predicting a hard fought mid table nothing to get excited about season yet here we are at the top ?

I won't pretend that I go to many games nowadays  but follow I do  but really , whats changed so much in the last  10 or so games ?

The only game where we were actually really really bad was the Leeds game, we've been playing decent football for the most part. It has taken some time for the system to settle, new players to gel, some coming back from injuries. 

The difference is Ipswich have a pretty average team that were playing terrible football and he needs to get them playing to at least their ability, it's not impossible but looking at past seasons he's got a big task on his hands with nearly half the season gone and little money to strengthen in January.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Tea said:

I bow to the knowledge of some on here looking at previous seasons but its only 5 points . Yes its not as if they are winning those every few games but we have got so much of the season still to run it more than doable.  

But what ever.

Yes its amusing to see them down there but im more interested in our and others around us TBH.

So why post on a binner thread ?

And a sort of splendid irony if it is Lambert who takes them down.

Happy days for those of us who are this end of the A140

Were there any bridges left. Lambert left us years ago ?

It is a measure of how far he has fallen since, that keeping the paupers out of L1 is nOw the level he has sunk to....when set against the thought that he would/could walk into one of the top PL managers jobs.

After the Lord Mayors show comes the sh*t cart.

With master Lambert brush and bucket in hand.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Bill said:

I think their next 5 or 6games will determine their season.

Unfortunately 3 of the 5 games are against WBA, Forest and Sheff Utd.

And I hope that they win all three of those games - but only on the basis that whatever helps us, I'm happy to offer to them. 

an extra 3 points to those clubs will not make a big difference come May I am certain

but a loss of 9 points to the paupers will

3 hours ago, Mr Tea said:

There's a multitude of reasons. The catalyst was arguably the Cardiff game where Aarons, Cantwell and Buendia made the case that they should be in the first team.

1) Early in the season Farke was trying to play Rhodes and Pukki in the same team, which meant Pukki often ended up wide right.

2) The emergence of Stiepermann in the number 10 position.

3) Finding the best position for Moritz Leitner.

4) Aarons and Lewis contributing to a settled back four.

• Like 2

Don't allow tea lad to turn this into a City playing thread

it is not

When you're at the top it's the results against the top teams which determine your season.

When you're at the bottom it's the results against the teams around you which matter, and on that basis that lot down the A140 have dropped 4 points in 2 games. Agent Lambert is fulfilling his thankless brief.

Their level of confidence is just weird, they now think they will get  up to 12 points from the next eight games, having only won once so far this season.

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Their level of confidence is just weird, they now think they will get  up to 12 points from the next eight games, having only won once so far this season.

One of them said their 2-2 draw against high-flying Reading was their best performance for 3 or 4 years 😂🤣. We’ve had at least 3 or 4 better than that this season alone.

4 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Unfortunately though, I went in too ridiculous too soon and got the ban 🤪

not too difficult to get a ban when some halfwit on here is blabbing off about it

38 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Who put you in charge?!

oh dear

you do appear to be in rather a strop this afternoon Mr Solo Hand

(offering advice is not being in charge either)

4 hours ago, Bill said:

So why post on a binner thread ?

And a sort of splendid irony if it is Lambert who takes them down.

Happy days for those of us who are this end of the A140

I didn’t say it’s not  funny to read about it though !

😁

7 hours ago, Norwich R Us said:

PL and MG delivering a lesson in "burning your bridges entirely" during the recent open training session.

DraLBIhWwAATch_.jpg

Apparently Alan Brazil wasn't included because the photographer only had a wide-angle lens and not one which took panoramic pics 🤣

poor things are bleating out

"I suspect we’ll get 8 pts or less. Hope we get 12 though. "

"Sees us with 12 points and is quite possible "

12 points which should put us around 21st. Maybe a point or two off.

West Brom - D
Bristol City - W
Forest - L
Stoke -L
Wigan - W
Sheff U -D
QPR - W
Boro - L

pick four wins or three wins three draws from those games

I think not

2 wins maximum from those 8 games. They won't get anything from WBA or QPR and Wigan have only just lost at home for the first time in ages. If we had that run, I'd be happy with 3 wins and a draw. Mind you, the run we're on, it could 8 wins!!

The stark reality is that to hit a 50 point safety mark they need an average of 1.3 points over the next 29 games ............. which amounts to around 10 /11points from those eight games.

At 45 points they would still need 9 points.......and that is just to finish around 4th from bottom.

Yep, a couple of wins as Swansea away can easily tilt those figures in their favour, but their current average would suggest 6 points. And is not against 4 teams in the playoff places.

A long way to go still and anything can happen, but a reliance upon some incredible up turn after the Jan transfer window may be a delusion too far.

Regardless of the maths, it's great fun watching and reading while they try to find any permutation that will keep them up. I'm still not sure I want them relegated, years and years of struggling mediocrity would do just fine. 

It’s like they have joined some drug related cult.

known of them are facing up to the reality of their situation 

2 easy games and they only got 2 points. WBA will destroy their dreams and hopefully Wes plays a part in it

That picture looks like the reunion of an elderly boy band, who had a minor hit years ago, thought they were destined for superstardom, got a big deal, fizzled out instantly and now play to a handful of slack-jawed punters in a shabby venue...No Direction.

Apples

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, C.I.D said:

Apparently Alan Brazil wasn't included because the photographer only had a wide-angle lens and not one which took panoramic pics 🤣

Everyone is of similar height, which suggests that it is the reunion of an old police identity parade. The plethora of sweatpants alludes to the nature of the crime.