Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Pink dressing room

According to Radio 5 we have painted the visiting dressing room pink to try to put off the opposition. I would have thought that marking the opposition at set pieces would be a better idea but I''m sure Farke and Webber know best. Laughing stock is the phrase that immediately springs to mind......

Firstly, this was reported around a week ago on this very website. I''m sure people don''t actually ever read the home page and just come on here looking for the stories instead!Secondly... I agree. It''s a stupid idea and, if anything, will just make the opposing team laugh and think we''re reaching for any advantage. Desperation stations, perhaps. I think the reason for doing it (suggested to us by some crazy sports psychologist) is that they believe it will ''lower testosterone levels'' of the opposing side. Personally, I think that sounds mysoginistic and stupid.That''s about all I have to say on the matter.See ya!

It''s amazing the stupid things some posters will rant about. It''s not new. Last time I saw the away dressingroom, probably 10 years ago now, it was a horrible dingy mauve colour with the oldest wooden treatment table you could imagine stuck in the middle.
There''s nothing new under the sun...

If i was in a Away side and walked in there i would say they are so scared of us already that they have even tried to paint the walls Pink to put us off well lets show then this did not work from the 1st whistle !!!

[quote user="norfolkngood"]If i was in a Away side and walked in there i would say they are so scared of us already that they have even tried to paint the walls Pink to put us off well lets show then this did not work from the 1st whistle !!![/quote]
rather than the away team being self motivated ?

i Very much doubt it will put many Away teams off !

do you honestly think Nutty it will work ?

do you think it will turn us in to a Fortress and will win more games at home ?

Maybe if the Head coach could better performances out of the players we would not need Pink Paint

"Personally, I think that sounds mysoginistic and stupid"

interesting - I''ve not heard one mention on here or the article of pinks association with the female gender so not sure where the sexism is? If studies have found it to lower testosterone levels then no matter how frivolous you find it surely it is what it is. Would it have been fine if it had been grey or white but pink is off limits? Would black have been racist?

I would have thought that painting the walls some kind of zig zag pattern of bright yellow and green would be more effective, bright yellow and green table, green and yellow benches, green and yellow towels, green sinks, yellow water out of the taps....no maybe that''s going too far...but drum it home where they are.

Makes you wonder what colour the home dressing room is.
I won''t say anything else as I don''t want to be accused of being negative again.
That said, if dressing room colours do have an influence on results then let''s hope both have been redecorated before Preston arrive.

I remember Jerry Goss telling a story about getting changed at Highbury, the floor was so hot they had to stand on the benches. This is nothing new .

Yep. Been going on for years. All a bit pointless really but hey ho

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i Very much doubt it will put many Away teams off !

do you honestly think Nutty it will work ?

do you think it will turn us in to a Fortress and will win more games at home ?

Maybe if the Head coach could better performances out of the players we would not need Pink Paint[/quote]
This comes from the fan''s forum last week. I don''t know if it will work. Webber doesn''t know if it will work. It was part of a range of things they were trying. He said something like there''s a school of thought that it makes a difference so they have nothing to lose. Being as these tricks have been tried as long as I can remember I don''t think you''re right about it being counter productive. If so surely people would have given up by now.

[quote user="Making Plans"]
I won''t say anything else as I don''t want to be accused of being negative again.
That said, if dressing room colours do have an influence on results then let''s hope both have been redecorated before Preston arrive.
[/quote]
A Whiter shade of Pale

Couldn’t find one for us, but as Chelsea are famous for employing a multitude of different tactics to make the away dressing room as uncomfortable as possible, then this is worth a watch and quite interesting (sorry, can’t do clicky).

https://youtu.be/YcBH_3SrrFY

[quote user="Ben"][quote user="Making Plans"]
[/quote]
A Whiter shade of Pale
[/quote]
Does that include a detachable fly-away ceiling? Might be a bit off-putting.

I''m not convinced a pink dressing room is really going to make anybody particularly uncomfortable (what is this - the 1970s or something)?! More likely to have the effect of making them laugh and potentially relax the players.

I''m sure this was done while Paul Lambert was in charge although I think the colour was dark brown.

But he''s the Messiah, so it would have been a brilliant idea when he did it.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ben"][quote user="Making Plans"]
[/quote]
A Whiter shade of Pale
[/quote]
Does that include a detachable fly-away ceiling? Might be a bit off-putting.
[/quote]
I believe the evening games it is painted white with a satin finish
though never completed

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I''m sure this was done while Paul Lambert was in charge although I think the colour was dark brown.

But he''s the Messiah, so it would have been a brilliant idea when he did it.[/quote]

It was a dull and miserable shade of dirty purple.

It’s not a new thing. Clubs have been known to turn up/down the heating, ensure the plugs are knackered so they can’t play music, make the decor dull as f and even the things like the massage table and everything are usually knackered old versions.

I believe the notion is that if you add up the marginal gains you can make off the pitch that they’ll benefit you to a greater degree on the pitch.

Does it work? Who knows? But for the sake of a couple of tins of paint if it gives us some sort of mental edge then why not try it?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="Nuff Said"]I''m sure this was done while Paul Lambert was in charge although I think the colour was dark brown.

But he''s the Messiah, so it would have been a brilliant idea when he did it.[/quote]

It was a dull and miserable shade of dirty purple.

It’s not a new thing. Clubs have been known to turn up/down the heating, ensure the plugs are knackered so they can’t play music, make the decor dull as f and even the things like the massage table and everything are usually knackered old versions.

I believe the notion is that if you add up the marginal gains you can make off the pitch that they’ll benefit you to a greater degree on the pitch.

Does it work? Who knows? But for the sake of a couple of tins of paint if it gives us some sort of mental edge then why not try it?[/quote]
There is no such thing as a dull shade of purple...

The whole set up from the Home and Away dressing rooms to the dug outs is Conference Standard and an embarrassment to NCFC

[quote user="daly"]The whole set up from the Home and Away dressing rooms to the dug outs is Conference Standard and an embarrassment to NCFC[/quote]

How do you know this, have you played at CR ?

i played there the pitch feels like it has a crust on top like a very thin layer of ice due to the sand soil mix with your studs,

the bounce is very different to a Normal pitch also