Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Result v Ipswich

Don’t think it’ll be the walkover some are expecting

I’m going for 2-2 can’t see us keeping a clean sheet at the moment

The longer our unbeaten run against them has gone on, the more I dread the derby games coming. And this one definitely has us losing in my eyes, we should be doing better than we are but it''s just not happening.

Obviously if we destroy them we''ll all be delighted.

We are a better side than them. They are piss poor and, although they blame everything they can from bad luck to bad refereeing, for their current plight they are bottom of the league by rights.

It''s only the support that fails to recognise what even the bookies have forecast from the outset.

On our day we can trounce them, but that powder-puff lot that Farke turns out in the yellow might melt under the usual derby day pressures.

They can''t score but will fight, we can score but will we be up for the battle or be as meek as yesterday?

A draw is highly likely, imo. Whether it be 0-0 or 4-4 is anybody''s guess as we usually have a defensive lapse and a ''keeper error in us these days as a matter of routine whilst their defence is also suspect.

Two sides hiding behind that well-worn tag of ''building for the future,'' but they they can lay claim to it more than we can now as Farke has served his apprenticeship, assembled his squad and effected his style ... Ugh!

A relegation six pointer that''s for sure. Yes it will give everyone a much needed if we win, however defeat to the worst team in the league with Boro up next and Farke''s reign will be pretty over.

Playing and losing to Ipswich is a disaster.

Playing and losing to Ipswich when they are bottom would be unforgiveable and last straw in my patience with Farke. I don''t think he''d survive the backlash

1-1 for me too.

Cardiff game selection should be interesting; probably one and a half eyes on next Sunday. I wonder will Farke himself be pondering using three centre-backs?

Right-back & central midfield look to be weak points at the moment. I''m starting to think that Pinto might be on the way out as a frontline option. Passlack doesn''t look ready, Aarons would be a risk (next Sunday) so Marshall as wing-back might go some way to solving this issue. Jamal would slot in at left wing-back nicely, I believe.

Hard to see Leitner starting in this formation, but three from Tettey, Trybull, Thompson, Leitner, Godfrey (if not in at CB), McLean, Vrancic, Hernandez, Buendia & Stiepermann in front of a back three and supporting Pukki & Rhodes should be a match for most teams in this division.

Probably shouldn''t draw conclusions from yesterday but it was pretty crushing. Are Leeds that good or are we just bang average. Tenth position could prove difficult to attain this year, never mind a push for top six. This division is becoming more & more about who has the most money rather than who gets the best out of their available resources.

Possible team for Cardiff (still with 4 at the back):

McGovern

Passlack/Marshall

Zimmermann (c)

Godfrey

Stiepermann/Aarons

Thompson

Tettey

Cantwell

Leitner

Buendia

Rhodes/Srbeny

Pukki & Hernandez off the bench if the game is still in the pot at 70mins

Ipswich are in a worse state of health than Norwich the post mc carthy era doesn''t look good. If Norwich do no get something out of this then we are into meltdown and more than farke could get blown away

I''m with Ricardo.............although I understand we are going to lose a derby sometime, I just don''t think it will be happening next week.
I''ll be on holiday in Kos desperately looking for somewhere to keep up with the game

Paddy Canary

Hope you''re wrong with your suggested team for the cup game at Cardiff, will be very annoyed if players like Tettey, Rhodes, Beundia, Leitner, Marshall play, we need to play a team of youngsters, can''t afford to let any of our first team players get injured, we need them for Sunday

1 manager sacked and 1 manager saved for another few games. Haven''t decided which yet. Both are up the creak and I see this game deciding the fate of one of them.

Inch High, can''t see Hurst being sacked this early into a new job, I''d be very surprised. Though hopefully we can pile a bit more misery onto them.

I take your point Diane but as per your list:

Tettey - needs pitch time as evidenced recently (60mins?), but you''re right, he''s unlikely to start.

Rhodes - Probably will be rested but his confidence needs goals and whoever''s up top will be facing another struggling team''s second string

Buendia - would be great to get 70mins into his legs. Emi could become the matchwinner next Sunday! Most likely he''ll come on for the last 30mins

Leitner - I still cling to the hope that he will prove his worth and minutes on the pitch is the only way he''ll adjust his game to the English Championship

Marshall - He could become a very important player if he could find his rhythm & his best position/role on the pitch (in a problem position I might add) He might get a run in front of Passlack. There was some talk that he wasn''t too impressed with his treatment just before his substitution a couple of games back. Nothing like starting a game to have confidence shown in you.

For a "start the youngsters and don''t get injured" 11, what about:

McGovern

Passlack

Godfrey

Zimm (c)

Aarons

Thompson

Trybull

Cantwell

Pukki/Marshall/Emi

Stiepermann

Srbeny

Difficult to see that side come away with a result. I wonder is DF still following his philosophy of giving cup games proper respect or is he now ''kowtowing'' to the perceived wisdom of these pesky extra games stepping on the toes of the real business. I for one would certainly enjoy progressing through a few rounds while giving fringe players game time. However, there''s no doubt that next Sunday & then Boro, Reading, QPR etc. should be prioritised.

They look like losing this Nsiala to suspension following his red card on Saturday.

He has probably been the only genuinely successful L1. signing that Hurst has made in as much as he has settled into their back line quite well, albeit a bit rash and mistake prone and hardly endowed with class. The rest seem to be finding their feet, if they ever can.

Talk that that left back fairy Jonas Knudsen (of world cup "fame") might have to fill in at centre back and a youngster replacing him.

I hope that Farke and his staff are keeping an eye on all this and select accordingly. It might be that Marshall could well be used in a more attacking role down this wing in order to expose any weaknesses.

They are not a strong outfit so any further chinks in their set up need exposing if we are to get a result on their home turf.

At the moment, they are in a worse position than us. Confidence is very important, so I feel the winner will be who ever scores first.
(let''s hope it''s us)