Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Maddison staying afterall...

Scan on knee injury coming up....fears it could be a lengthy injury - acl??

Nobody will want to sign a crock before the new transfer deadline of a day before the premier league season start.

Will probably end up with neither the player or the money at the start of next season.

If the owners were relying on the sale of one individual to fund any/all of the clubs transfer dealings it''s another sign that it''s time to get out and sell up...

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Scan on knee injury coming up....fears it could be a lengthy injury - acl??

Nobody will want to sign a crock before the new transfer deadline of a day before the premier league season start.

Will probably end up with neither the player or the money at the start of next season.

If the owners were relying on the sale of one individual to fund any/all of the clubs transfer dealings it''s another sign that it''s time to get out and sell up...[/quote] Simples - make them an offer they can''t refuse.....

I hope this isn''t as bad as it looks otherwise it''s a real disaster. We need his cash desperately. Now no fee and no player for the seasons start.

Is it likely to be that bad if he was out on crutches after the game? I’d have thought if he’s facing a serious injury and lay off that he would have been too distraught and in pain to come out after the match.

[quote user="JF"]Is it likely to be that bad if he was out on crutches after the game? I’d have thought if he’s facing a serious injury and lay off that he would have been too distraught and in pain to come out after the match.[/quote]
I''ve done some pretty heavy knee injuries. If you''re iced up and have a brace on, then as long as you''re not putting weight on it, you''re fine to move around. It''s one of those where the pain comes in excruciating waves when you put weight on the leg, but if you''re not putting weight on it, it''s more of a dull ache, at least in my experience - I''ve never actually snapped a ligament though so maybe that''d be different. My injuries were torn meniscus and had tendons trapped beneath the kneecap twice (I was playing in goal the second time this happened and managed to see the game out as it was a promotion decider, although the pain was horrific - paid the price for playing on it though!)

If he is out for next season and we can not sell, expect to be in a relegation battle for most of the year. More chance of us not signing anymore second rate Germans than our owners actually finding sufficient funds for a successful campaign

He''s a little ray of sunshine isn''t he? Still can''t have all this sunshine making us feel too cheerful. No siree Bob

I am a very happy chap thank you very much but one of my traits is not being hoodwinked into accepting second best and believing my team is improving when every bit of evidence says to the contrary.

Have a lovely day in the sun fellas, reflecting on this magnificent season just gone.

[quote user="ron obvious"]He''s a little ray of sunshine isn''t he? Still can''t have all this sunshine making us feel too cheerful. No siree Bob[/quote]

I guess a 5-1 loss to some of us, matters more than others... Passion I suppose. X

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="JF"]Is it likely to be that bad if he was out on crutches after the game? I’d have thought if he’s facing a serious injury and lay off that he would have been too distraught and in pain to come out after the match.[/quote]
I''ve done some pretty heavy knee injuries. If you''re iced up and have a brace on, then as long as you''re not putting weight on it, you''re fine to move around. It''s one of those where the pain comes in excruciating waves when you put weight on the leg, but if you''re not putting weight on it, it''s more of a dull ache, at least in my experience - I''ve never actually snapped a ligament though so maybe that''d be different. My injuries were torn meniscus and had tendons trapped beneath the kneecap twice (I was playing in goal the second time this happened and managed to see the game out as it was a promotion decider, although the pain was horrific - paid the price for playing on it though!)
[/quote]Sympathies[Y]As one of the GK''s union I know what it must have been like having myself played on with broken fingers and a cracked rib.Ahh, the stupidity of youth.

Perhaps Maddison should have been rested for this meaningless game after all.

I was going to add that it would have given Farke a glimpse of how we perform without him, but he virtually had that in any case.

Not good was the answer.

Fingers crossed that it''s not serious and that the packaging was precautionary.

Dont lets talk it up!But really it has been a pretty cr@p season, especially for those of us that have mainly seen home games, this would just about finish it off.

Hopefully it means he''s back in mid August when the Premiership clubs can''t buy anymore.

I don''t care if it was gonna be £20m or whatever for him, a significant % was going to Coventry and we''ll have to find another way to find funds. Hopefully the useless Oliveira will find someone gullible enough to take him.

Hopefully it''s just a scare, and precaution and the scan reveals it''s not too bad. I would imagine that means the chances of him staying have increased, but I''m gutted he''s injured. I''d rather he stayed because he wanted to, not because he has to. Fingers crossed for the lad, he''s been good as gold for us

I often find that when you can not back up an argument people get abusive or childish (you''re a binner. Blah blah blah) .. just a bit sad really.

I really hope Maddison is and ok and it is not too serious as seems like one great kid... Fingers crossed

I''m wondering how people don''t accept what happens. Do they pretend it didn''t happen and live in cloud cuckoo land?

[quote user="ricardo"]Sympathies[Y]As one of the GK''s union I know what it must have been like having myself played on with broken fingers and a cracked rib.Ahh, the stupidity of youth.

[/quote]
Haha, I actually played pretty well on one leg and we got promoted. I missed half of the top flight season...with the knee injury though.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Perhaps Maddison should have been rested for this meaningless game after all.

I was going to add that it would have given Farke a glimpse of how we perform without him, but he virtually had that in any case.

Not good was the answer.

Fingers crossed that it''s not serious and that the packaging was precautionary.[/quote]This. Bit pathetic really from Farke.

He absolutely should not have been risked for a nothing game. The owners should have given the order after the last home game. Definitely the owner''s fault

Atrocious luck for him and the club, obviously our transfer strategy will be massively altered if he''s out long term. Of course you do see players leaving stadiums in protective boots and on crutches and then playing a week or two later quite regularly. Unless we had a fee agreed with another club I wouldn''t have wanted to see him left out though. He''s our best player.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Atrocious luck for him and the club, obviously our transfer strategy will be massively altered if he''s out long term. Of course you do see players leaving stadiums in protective boots and on crutches and then playing a week or two later quite regularly. Unless we had a fee agreed with another club I wouldn''t have wanted to see him left out though. He''s our best player. [/quote]

This is the equivalent of going down Prince of Wales Road on a Friday night with £30 million hanging out your back pocket, and wondering why it all went wrong.