Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Season ticket renewals

Surely if you are cancelling your s/t you''ll do it before any money is taken? Mine auto-renews on direct debit and, being a longer distance-supporter, I do think about cancelling each year as it gets a bit harder to arrange things (kids etc). TBH for me it has much less to do with how we''re doing, but as far as I''m concerned my decision is made in February. Why you''d renew in May at a hugely increased price is beyond me.

[quote user="dibbler"]Smells like bull or a Webber smokescreen.

I know 4 people at work with a total of 7 season tickets, only 1 renewing who has only 1 ticket, do the maths.

Plus as other posters have mentioned that the final/real amount of season ticket sales is not known the end of the season.

Just a spin to drum up support after Webber comments.[/quote]Within any fan base there are always going to be some fans that are less committed than others, or others whose personal circumstances change and are no longer able to commit to 20+ games a season. You can''t read too much into individual circumstances.Generally speaking, it says a lot for the loyalty of most fans that they have renewed despite what has been the worst home form that I can remember. Speaking on behalf of the group of fans around me, I am hope that 2 or 3 very vocal and poorly-informed miserablists in our area of the Snakepit honour their "threat" to not renew - it will make life more pleasant for all of us without their celebration of every misplaced pass or away goal.

Most will Branston yes.

Would be interesting to know if whether a season ticket holder who does not pay by direct debit and who has not yet positively "renewed" their ticket (but its still reserved for them until May 8th) is counted amongst the 20,000.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Most will Branston yes.

Would be interesting to know if whether a season ticket holder who does not pay by direct debit and who has not yet positively "renewed" their ticket (but its still reserved for them until May 8th) is counted amongst the 20,000.[/quote]There''s not going to be many of those Jim. The vast majority of people of up-front renewers will have done so at the cheaper prices.

I appreciate that Smithy and to be honest I am not sure what proportion of our fans use the direct debit scheme (but think its quite high) my point is really that someone who does not pay by direct debit but has decided not to renew won''t necessarily have contacted the club to tell them they are not renewing, they will just do nothing and then wait for their ST to "expire" at the end of the season. At the moment though that seat is still reserved for them until May 8th and cannot be sold to someone else so are they counted in the figures or not?

My Dad falls into that category Jim. The club tend to chase up these supporters around the beginning of March to remind them that their seat will be on general sale as from May 8th rather than just wait for them to renew/not renew.

My dad has decided not to renew this year and the club are aware of that so I assume he wouldn''t be counted in the figures.

There''s not really anything to ponder here. We''ve sold 20,000 season tickets. After 2 consecutive championship seasons and poor results at home this season we''re still going to have one of the highest amounts of season tickets sold in the division.
I expect we''ll sell another few hundred or so too.

Jimbo, as in your heart of hearts you quite clearly want there to be a massive drop in ST sales I take it you haven''t renewed?

I don''t Nutty, our decent crowds may soon be one of the few things we have to cling to!

That said I think the board/owners mistakenly take the repeated high season ticket sales as an endorsement and will again do so here (whereas the reality is we just renew to support our team and because its what we do) and I am genuinely surprised that more have not walked away this summer if the numbers given turn out to be correct.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Have you renewed, Basil?[/quote]no needthough nice to see you suddenly appear - what a coincidence !

Due to the difficulty of getting tickets, a lot of people opted for a season ticket and direct debit. As these are now becoming more available then less people will choose to go down this route. Another season watching the dross we have will lead to another drop and that will then mean more people (myself included) will become casual ticket buyers as we know we will get in to most game we want to.

Them down the road only have 12.5k season ticket holders as there are on average 14k available on the day... why splash out when you can make your mind up in the week and not pay for a ticket when you can not make it. I hope our fan base holds up but I think the complacency on here is another symptom of malaise at the heart of our club.

20,000 s/ts is great news. Hopefully it also means expectations will be high next season and Farke will deliver a top 6 team.

After 17 years I''ve given up my ticket, not because I have stopped supporting our team or even because of cost, it''s purely because my son, has now got other interests and does want to commit to every week.

there fore it would be better to let somebody who does want to commit to going every week have the tickets and we''ll try and get casual tickets as and when we want/can.

I honestly have enjoyed watching the transition of this season and fully expect further improvement next season - despite the probability of losing further players.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]After 17 years I''ve given up my ticket, not because I have stopped supporting our team or even because of cost, it''s purely because my son, has now got other interests and does want to commit to every week.

there fore it would be better to let somebody who does want to commit to going every week have the tickets and we''ll try and get casual tickets as and when we want/can.

I honestly have enjoyed watching the transition of this season and fully expect further improvement next season - despite the probability of losing further players.[/quote]
Is it because he''s a banana?

Well that makes more seats for the ''casuals''........Well, at least a few hundred seats will be available for our next thrilling season.......Will there be any takers though?.....

As the home game tomorrow against Villa who are pushing for promotion is live on Sky sports - and it''s also a lunchtime kick-off, there will probably be a few empty ''home'' seats......Although, I do think there will be a healthy and vociferous away support.......I really hope we can do enough to keep the away support quiet......Here''s hoping.......

The atmosphere at Carrow Road is the worst I can remember in the 40 odd years of going... which may account for the drop, as much as the football on display

Is the maths a bit Dianne Abbott here?

We normally cap the number of season tickets at 22000, we have sold over 20000, (but we don’t know how many over, presumably less than 20500)and yet only “a few” hundred have chosen not to renew. Looks like a minimum of 1500 have chosen not to renew to me?

[quote user="Mike "]Due to the difficulty of getting tickets, a lot of people opted for a season ticket and direct debit. As these are now becoming more available then less people will choose to go down this route. Another season watching the dross we have will lead to another drop and that will then mean more people (myself included) will become casual ticket buyers as we know we will get in to most game we want to.

Them down the road only have 12.5k season ticket holders as there are on average 14k available on the day... why splash out when you can make your mind up in the week and not pay for a ticket when you can not make it. I hope our fan base holds up but I think the complacency on here is another symptom of malaise at the heart of our club.[/quote]

Exactly this, I’ve got a season ticket which I may well give up as I can only go to weekend games, I miss all midweek ones. If most of the games I can get tickets then why bother with the st. I don’t really care where I sit as I meet the lads in the pub before and after the game, and don’t sit with any of them anyway.

That being said if we weren’t playing the dull as dishwater possession rubbish, I’m pretty sure I’d renew without hesitation.

I’d pay the extra I inevitably pay per game, but not for this new philosophy rubbish

My understanding of the direct debit system is that you can cancel anytime. So the 20,000 is made up of those who have paid a lump sum for the whole season and those who are continuing to pay by DD.

The DD ‘ers can stop anytime soon so the total in August could well be well below the current total.

''Well that makes more seats for the ''casuals''  Which will be us next season, and almost certain to get a ticket when needed       

Now folk (including those casuals) won''t be able to use the, ''I''ve really tried, but I just can''t get a ticket''.......excuse.......

[quote user="Van wink"]Is the maths a bit Dianne Abbott here?

We normally cap the number of season tickets at 22000, we have sold over 20000, (but we don’t know how many over, presumably less than 20500)and yet only “a few” hundred have chosen not to renew. Looks like a minimum of 1500 have chosen not to renew to me?[/quote]The 22K figure includes both corporate and non-corporate season tickets, the 20K figure is for non-corporate season tickets only.You''ve just gone a bit Boris Johnson with the facts.

[quote user="Basil Brusque"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Have you renewed, Basil?[/quote]no needthough nice to see you suddenly appear - what a coincidence ![/quote]There is no need HHS as he does not have one to renew.