Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Vrancic apologists

Is now the time you finally concede that criticism of him is not actually scapegoatism but due to the fact that he is actually woefully ill-equipped for the Championship and turns in abject performance after abject performance and contributes the square root of f*ck all.

Or will someone tell me the stats prove he''s better than Pirlo?

No but I''m happy to tell you that you''ve just produced a perfect example of scapegoatism.The team turns in another disappointing performance in which Vranic does OK, not brilliant but certainly better than several of his colleagues.But the only thing you saw was an abject performance from a player you''ve already made up your mind irrespective of his actual performance.

From what I can tell, Vrancic''s performances have never gotten above ''Ok'' and are often poor.

There always seems to be the excuse of ''he wasn''t the worst player on the pitch'' after every game. That may be true, but if he is constantly one of 3 or 4 worst then that isn''t good.

[quote user="hogesar"]He was poor today but not the problem. Also we had no other midfielders.[/quote]Looking at who was on our bench I think that is the crux of the matter.

What on earth makes you think that was the only thing I saw? I didn''t mention that the flags were rainbows but that doesn''t mean I didn''t see them.

As for midfielders, given the absentees I''d have much rather we played 4-1-4-1 than accommodated that waste of oxygen. He can''t even deliver a decent set-piece.

He starts. He doesn''t get subbed. This more than almost anything causes me to question Farke''s abilities and capability of getting us out of a rut that at dozens of other clubs woulda seen a P45 presented.

2 points out of 18. 2 home wins out of 10. 2 goals in a game at home only once. The most miserably full performances in living memory.

Dreadful.

[quote user="canarydan23"]What on earth makes you think that was the only thing I saw? I didn''t mention that the flags were rainbows but that doesn''t mean I didn''t see them.

As for midfielders, given the absentees I''d have much rather we played 4-1-4-1 than accommodated that waste of oxygen. He can''t even deliver a decent set-piece.

He starts. He doesn''t get subbed. This more than almost anything causes me to question Farke''s abilities and capability of getting us out of a rut that at dozens of other clubs woulda seen a P45 presented.

2 points out of 18. 2 home wins out of 10. 2 goals in a game at home only once. The most miserably full performances in living memory.

Dreadful.[/quote]Like I said he was still better than Oliveria, but then so was the replacement fourth official.

He is a completely pointless player for us. Can’t tackle, can’t run and so half paced it’s not true. But his set pieces are good though? Nope, hit the first man more often than not. Bambi on ice springs to mind. He might be able to pick a decent pass rarely but this doesn’t make up for his huge decencies. Anyone who thinks he’ll ever come good for us either on hard drugs or living in cloud cuckoo land.

Nobody bar Maddison has been that great for us. The reason the likes of oliveira and Zimmerman avoid more criticism is that they at least blow hot or cold. Sometimes we do get something from them. Vrancic has been the most pointless player this season and epitomises everything that is wrong with our side at the moment.

@Tettey''s Jig

Sounds about right. Vrancic isn''t usually a 2/10 sort of player but I''m not sure I''ve even seen him rise above a 5 or 6/10 and more often than not he''s a 4.

Thought Vrancic was ‘ok’ today.

Clearly has his limitations which are exposed in a weakened ream even more.

Reason he ashy subbed is Reed got injured and only kids on the bench.

As much as I love the guy I was more disappointed in Hoolahan. In fact he has been disappointing over the last few games. At a time when we have needed him to show his undoubted skill and creativity he’s really done nothing and poor old Maddison has been carrying the midfield.

Vrancic Should be a sub at best but today he was no worse than Hoolahan, Oliveira or Murphy (especially as he missed an open goal!]

Hoolahan on the right of midfield. I mean it’s been said many times he’s not a left winger, so let’s stick him on the right instead and leave a right winger on the bench...

I went today..Vrancic didn''t play well but then neither did 4 or 5 others.At least he put his best effort in rather than Murphy who seemed to have a massive sulk on all day

Why is it that people who actually try to ''support'' the team/players are apologists? I really don''t get this strange ''compartmentalism'' that goes on.

Vrancic has certainly been a bit of a mixed bag, but isn''t really doing horrendously worse than several others. We''ve not been helped by injuries this season and should look and fare better if/when we get a fitter squad.

It must be really frustrating being a player who''s game is based on playing a defence splitting pass when there''s never anyone making a run ahead of you.

[quote user="Clint"]It must be really frustrating being a player who''s game is based on playing a defence splitting pass when there''s never anyone making a run ahead of you.[/quote]

To do a side splitting pass you need to have someone to pass to. Oliveira couldn’t be bothered, God he was crap today

You can still be a fan and think one of our players is rubbish. And he was really poor last week and really terrible today. But I think you are right when you say plenty of them were rubbish today.

Yes he can make defence splitting passes. We have seen him play well. Let''s hope they can all play better in the next game. My hope is that things are going to get better and we just might manage top half finish. We can''t be this bad or am I just fooling myself.

I don''t think the issue is whether you can be a fan and criticise a player. The thread seems to be about fans who defend players. Vrancic was nowhere near worst today. At least he tries to go forward.

Vrancic has one of his better games for us today but his overall contribution is poor cause he so one paced and generally weak at anything that involves physicality.

Those are the reasons why he will be little use for us and a reason why we are struggling.

Anyone that argues any of the above facts are very blinkered or of the "happy clapper" brigade who believe that any sort of constructive criticism of a Norwich player is morally wrong!

Farke at the moment is tactically inept. Hoolahan should be played in the hole behind a striker and nowhere else. Playing him wide right is ludicrous when that is Wildshuts natural position and then he''s played on the left when he comes on!

And why isn''t Murphy left on the halfway line when the opposition have a corner which would make the opposition keep two men back to mark him?

The slow one paced, sideways/backwards passing style of Norwich is easy to play against and is relegation form.

Vrancic is a big part of this and the sooner Farke learns this and stops trying to justify signing him the better!

Small point of order, Kingsway. Farke doesn''t sign the players, he has little or no say in what players are here. Vrancic is played,because as Hogesar pointed out, we have far too many injuries.

Considering he was p[laying in the Bundesliga he''s been a big disappointment.

I can only hope now Pritchard''s back, he takes Vrancic''s place, but somehow can''t see Farke doing that. (e.g. reckon he''ll play Vran, Madds and Pritch as the attacking three)

Pritchard will give us more of an attacking presence in midfield, and much more goal threat.

["Herman"]Small point of order, Kingsway. Farke doesn''t sign the players, he has little or no say in what players are here. Vrancic is played,because as Hogesar pointed out, we have far too many injuries.

Very true!

I''m just worried cause all of this unbalanced, shapeless, lethargic, lack of width, lightweight attacking football we are playing which Farke seems oblivious to is very reminisant of 2008/09 when we got relegated!

Barnsley last week were average at best while Preston looked poor yesterday. A team playing well would of had 6 points from them two home games!

However anyone tries to dress it up Vrancic is not good enough!

[quote user="Herman"]Small point of order, Kingsway. Farke doesn''t sign the players, he has little or no say in what players are here. Vrancic is played,because as Hogesar pointed out, we have far too many injuries.[/quote]

Really? So he didn’t recommend the recruits from Germany, Even though he came from there? I find that extremely hard to believe especially as Zimmermann was his captain at Dortmund!

He may recommend some players, but the responsiblity of scouting and signing lays elsewhere.

So if he recommends them and then they are signed it’s as much his fault as who signs them, as for scouting, we had no scouts in place when Farke arrived according to Webber, did we?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]So if he recommends them and then they are signed it’s as much his fault as who signs them, as for scouting, we had no scouts in place when Farke arrived according to Webber, did we?[/quote]Not really, no.  If they haven''t done due diligence and just gone ahead then the responsibility still falls with the person who signed him.Don''t know about the second part. But Webber obviously knows the German leagues so he''s got contacts and ''friends'' out there.