Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

NELSON OLIVEIRA

Crisis what crisis.
Is it posters who have only been watching a few years who rave on about how good he is?
He was not picked for the Fulham game. He came on as substitute, scuffed a couple wide and then scored after a great ball from Wes.
Well done but if he had missed we would have been screaming.
He is a decent player with certain latin skills. But he hasn''t the greatest CV in football and is not a loan player. He is on a contract.
And he was totally out of order embarrassing Farke that way. He has/had to be disciplined and if he is any decent bloke he will accept he was wrong, suck it up and accept he may not start the next game but may well play a part in it.
If he disrupts things again then Reading are welcome to him.

Well I''ve been watching since the late 80''s and it''s clear to me the guy is class and could go on to be the best striker we''ve had in a long, long time. Reading posts on here it''s amazing how underrated and under appreciated he is by so many. Still i imagine these are the same fans who thought anonymous Johnny Howson was a world beater and a great loss.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Michael Bates"]Nelson has had 20 yellows and 3 red cards in 9 years of football. Doesn''t strike me as too much to worry about? 1 red per 3 seasons and just 2 yellow cards every season... equivalent of being suspended for just one game a season[/quote]Did he not get a three match ban ?  [/quote]Yes, he did.http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/nelson-oliveira-opens-up-over-his-difficult-moment-at-rotherham-united-and-reiterates-his-norwich-city-focus-ahead-of-the-visit-from-his-former-club-nottingham-forest-1-4882681 [/quote]

Paul Moy.. 9 years and he has been suspended for 9 games tops which equates than average 1 game a season banned...

Didnt the holy Grant Holt put in a transfer request in 2012?

And the even holier Darren Huckerby get sent off for swearing at a referee?

Lets not pretend all players haven''t done something stupid before...

[quote user="Michael Bates"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Michael Bates"]Nelson has had 20 yellows and 3 red cards in 9 years of football. Doesn''t strike me as too much to worry about? 1 red per 3 seasons and just 2 yellow cards every season... equivalent of being suspended for just one game a season[/quote]Did he not get a three match ban ?  [/quote]Yes, he did.http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/nelson-oliveira-opens-up-over-his-difficult-moment-at-rotherham-united-and-reiterates-his-norwich-city-focus-ahead-of-the-visit-from-his-former-club-nottingham-forest-1-4882681 [/quote]

Paul Moy.. 9 years and he has been suspended for 9 games tops which equates than average 1 game a season banned...[/quote]

[quote user="CANARYKING"]I''ve heard he has been suspended till Thursday. So that puts an end to starting on Sunday. I can see him throwing the dolls out again, IMO get rid ![/quote]

I think that would be Thursday as in today not next week. I''ve heard matters now resolved.

Webbo 118 wrote:

Ron Ashman was, for the most part, a left back. Tommy Bryceland was a small inside forward (attacking midfielder).

Started and finished as a centre forward!

Ashman played 662 games for Norwich City, scoring 56 goals. 590 of those games were league appearances – a club record. He made his debut at Carrow Road against Aldershot on 4 October 1947. Ashman was a centre-forward at that early stage of his career, but went on to play at full-back for many years. He was the captain of the Norwich team that reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup in 1959 as a third division side, won promotion to the second division in 1960 and won the Football League Cup for the first time in 1962.

Rogue Baboon wrote the following post at 2017-08-10 10:48 PM:

Didnt the holy Grant Holt put in a transfer request in 2012?

And the even holier Darren Huckerby get sent off for swearing at a referee?

Lets not pretend all players haven''t done something stupid before...

Of course they have, including some of the worlds best, as well as city players. Unfortunately it''s the way Oliveira displayed his dissent to the coach that is disturbing. As I said previously no one player can think they are bigger than the club, Holt didn''t, Huckerby didn''t. So why does Oliveira think he is?

Keith Scott wrote the following post at 2017-08-10 10:04 PM:

Well I''ve been watching since the late 80''s and it''s clear to me the guy is class and could go on to be the best striker we''ve had in a long, long time. Reading posts on here it''s amazing how underrated and under appreciated he is by so many. Still i imagine these are the same fans who thought anonymous Johnny Howson was a world beater and a great loss.

Well I''ve been watching city from the late ''50''s. He is absolutely nowhere the class of many city strikers, how is he underrated, how is he unappreciated. Did he play regularly for Benfica or any f the clubs he was loaned out too? NO. That should tell you something.

And for the record I don''t think Howson was world class or a world beater and a great loss either. And I don''t think a Oliveira is either. He is, however, an idiot who has not helped his own cause. Farke will dispose fairly soon I suggest.

Except Oliveira would be a great loss. Goal scorers are not easy to replace, we would only have one striker on the books (Jerome, wouldn''t class Watkins/Naismith as strikers)

If we sold Oliveira for 12million, it would be extremely hard to get a striker of similar quality in for that money, even harder with the amount of that money we could actually spend.

And before somebody says ''he isn''t worth 12million'', if you look at what other strikers have moved for (Kodija, McCormack, Rhodes, Assombalonga, Hogan, Ward etc) then he is definitely worth it

I really don''t get why people think he''s saying he''s bigger than the club! He took off his shirt and showed dissent to the manager for not picking him, I hardly think he''s actually said he''s bigger than the club? Surely if he thought that he would put in a transfer request or refuse to play!

It''s just the usual thing of people overreacting to something, he was silly but I hardly think he''s committed a heinous crime which means he shouldn''t play ever again!

Baldyboy wrote the following post at 2017-08-11 12:08 AM:

I really don''t get why people think he''s saying he''s bigger than the club! He took off his shirt and showed dissent to the manager for not picking him, I hardly think he''s actually said he''s bigger than the club? Surely if he thought that he would put in a transfer request or refuse to play!

It''s just the usual thing of people overreacting to something, he was silly but I hardly think he''s committed a heinous crime which means he shouldn''t play ever again!

Well that question can and possibly will only be answered too by the manager. If he isn''t in the squad Sunday, I think you have the answer! One thing I certainly agree with, yes, he was silly, incredibly so.

From WOTB:

"Nelson was banned from Colney for 2 days. Has since been training on his own. Not known if he trained with squad today as contact was not at Colney today. He did receive a massive bollocking though. What the final outcome is was not known by my contact, who does work at the club, but not a real insider."

Make of that what you will. Sounds plausible to me, but that''s purely my opinion about some nth hand information.

So you would rate him above Roberts, Holt, Martin, Earnshaw, Ashton, McKenzie to name six?
If so I would question your sanity.

No more to see here so thread ended.......[:D]

Farke: "Nelson has apologised in front of the group and now its time to move on".

"Nelson is for sure one of the best strikers in the league, we need his quality. He has a good heart and he is a good guy."

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Well I''ve been watching since the late 80''s and it''s clear to me the guy is class and could go on to be the best striker we''ve had in a long, long time. Reading posts on here it''s amazing how underrated and under appreciated he is by so many. Still i imagine these are the same fans who thought anonymous Johnny Howson was a world beater and a great loss. 
So you would rate him above Roberts, Holt, Martin, Earnshaw, Ashton, McKenzie to name six?
[/quote]

You are clearly having difficulty understanding ''could go on to be the best striker we''ve had in a long, long time.''

Anyway after listening to Farke''s excellent interview today, like Rogue I fully expect Oliveira to score on Sunday and celebrate with the manager.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 11/08/2017 3:53 PM:

No more to see here so thread ended.......Big Smile [:D]

Farke: "Nelson has apologised in front of the group and now its time to move on".

"Nelson is for sure one of the best strikers in the league, we need his quality. He has a good heart and he is a good guy."

Excellent, a well managed situation.👍

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Well I''ve been watching since the late 80''s and it''s clear to me the guy is class and could go on to be the best striker we''ve had in a long, long time. Reading posts on here it''s amazing how underrated and under appreciated he is by so many. Still i imagine these are the same fans who thought anonymous Johnny Howson was a world beater and a great loss. 
[/quote]

Other than perhaps Ashton I''d say he''s got more natural ability and potential than any of those yes. Key question is can he realise it and play and deliver consistently.

Didn''t AN say he has magic In his boots? NO is a very talented player, has t he head to feed off wes'' vision, as he showed against Fulham. He was also involved in a short but excellent period in the game when we consistently won the ball back in Fulhams half, keeping the pressure on them. Apart from his couple of wayward scuffed shots, it was a very good sub appearance.. I for one never felt the shirt incident was serious enough to result in Nelson''s departure, glad to be right, for once.

That''s great news for all. There is no doubt whatsoever he is a talented striker, and could be fantastic for us, so lets hope he gets a chance against Sunderland, and we press on with goals galore from NO, and others fro NCFC

Fantastic the way this saga has been handled.  Norwich are going places, and I don''t mean Carlisle !!!

Good news that NO has rightly climbed down from his high horse and apologised to all at NCFC.I think we might find that DF is going to be one hell of a special manager and I''m hopeful he''ll be able to keep NO on the straight and narrow in future.

This is a non issue and the manager has dealt with it. Wes had an issue a few years ago with the Villa affair, but I think most fans still cherish him and consider him a legend