Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Lafferty to the Binners......

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/408021/kyle-lafferty/#13

First Joe Garner, now Lafferty seems like our neighbours are staying with the agricultural style that has served them so well in recent years, can see him starting against us and getting sent off in 20 minutes.

If this was added to the Garner signing, then that would amount to a major outlay (Laff''s wages are big) , as, up to now, they haven''t afforded a pot to pass water in.

Could be a major sea change, but I seriously doubt it. They are just doing enough to survive in that League, not mount a serious promotion challenge

Odd isn''t it? As a club just sort of drifting, accepting mediocrity. Surely Evans should either pass water or get off the pot.

Very funny, though.

Hardly a time to be laughing at them with the amount of cheap unproven signings we are making while offloading most of our better players. As for a pot to pi55 in , well next season ours will be even smaller than theirs so lets hope Delia eithr pi55es or gets off the pot for good .

Yeah but difference is xxxxx, we''re not signing a proven failure in the league we are in.

Never liked Lafferty. Very fozzy-esque in thinking he is gods greatest gift having scored a couple against San Marino.

Wow, Hogesar, a proven failure in the Champs yet we have signed 3 unproven anywhere players in Gunn, Vrancic and Zimmermann, whilst I agree Laffs was a flop here I would hardly be banging on about him when we have no knowledge of our own signings! I hope they are all world beaters but it''s comments like yours that quite often come back and bite you on the posterior 😂

No, I''d rather sign players who have a chance of being successful and haven''t already been proven failures. I''d much rather unproven than proven to be awful.

I thought I would check out the facts about this perception of Lafferty being a sending off waiting to happen. 2 reds in 357 domestic games-that doesn''t suggest to me that he is as reckless as people have been saying.

He''s had 73 yellows in those games, at an average of 1 every 270 minutes, which does hint at a bit of a problem but he has never been sent off for 2 yellows so it looks as if he knows when to draw the line.

Obviously though I''d rather they had him than Jerome or Oliveira!

Lafferty is a player that has wasted his talents yes he made good money from not playing but when he looks back when he retires i bet he wished he played more games and acted differently

Not many people make it as a pro footballer you have to give 100 % through out your career

[quote user="Mr Angry"]I thought I would check out the facts about this perception of Lafferty being a sending off waiting to happen. 2 reds in 357 domestic games-that doesn''t suggest to me that he is as reckless as people have been saying.

He''s had 73 yellows in those games, at an average of 1 every 270 minutes, which does hint at a bit of a problem but he has never been sent off for 2 yellows so it looks as if he knows when to draw the line

Obviously though I''d rather they had him than Jerome or Oliveira![/quote]

The fact he didn''t get red cards here was because we were usually forced to substitute him after a yellow. I can recall several instances of him being taken off early to stop the seemingly inevitable

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Wow, Hogesar, a proven failure in the Champs yet we have signed 3 unproven anywhere players in Gunn, Vrancic and Zimmermann.[/quote]1) Vrancic successfully played in the Bundesliga last season, a better league than the Champs will ever be.2) Gunn is massively rated for the future by both Pep and Man City hence why they''d only even consider a loan deal with assurances over playing time, so hardly a huge gamble3) It''s been made BLINDINGLY obvious that Zimmermann has been brought in as a squad player, someone who is apparently a model professional who also a good influence, and someone that Farke can rely upon to do what is asked and will help convey this to his teammates as well. I''d much rather have a player like that on our books as 3rd/4th choice than I would the unreliable Bennett or the well past it Turner...4) I''d much rather we were scouting players like this with a clear desire to perform and show what they can do, all whilst being on sensible wages and not costing us the earth in transfer fees, than I would we hang on to bored journeymen or overpriced premier league rejects.Funny how our current approach is somewhat reminiscent of the Stringer, Walker and Lambert periods - which were arguably our best in terms of football on offer and overall team performance...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Baldyboy"]Wow, Hogesar, a proven failure in the Champs yet we have signed 3 unproven anywhere players in Gunn, Vrancic and Zimmermann.[/quote]1) Vrancic successfully played in the Bundesliga last season, a better league than the Champs will ever be.2) Gunn is massively rated for the future by both Pep and Man City hence why they''d only even consider a loan deal with assurances over playing time, so hardly a huge gamble3) It''s been made BLINDINGLY obvious that Zimmermann has been brought in as a squad player, someone who is apparently a model professional who also a good influence, and someone that Farke can rely upon to do what is asked and will help convey this to his teammates as well. I''d much rather have a player like that on our books as 3rd/4th choice than I would the unreliable Bennett or the well past it Turner...4) I''d much rather we were scouting players like this with a clear desire to perform and show what they can do, all whilst being on sensible wages and not costing us the earth in transfer fees, than I would we hang on to bored journeymen or overpriced premier league rejects.Funny how our current approach is somewhat reminiscent of the Stringer, Walker and Lambert periods - which were arguably our best in terms of football on offer and overall team performance...[/quote]

Very true. Four points well made

Indy, I understand what you are saying but these guys could be flops, as I said I hope not.

I am excited for the future because I agree that we need young and hungry players and to get rid of the deadwood BUT we cannot go overboard until we see what these guys actually do.

Only signing so far I didn''t like was Gunn because I feel we had decent enough young keepers in Rudd and Matthews and don''t like the loan system as it is because if things go wrong these players on loan have no allegiance to the club. I hope Gunn is a good prospect too though and if he is half as good as his dad he will be ok

@BB you didn''t like the Gunn signing?! Rudd, as proven, has been given enough chances to first team and it hasn''t worked out. I appreciate he''s one of our own but sentiment won''t keep the balls out of our net. Matthews is a potential good prospect. Ut one swallow of a performance in the SPL does not make a season of starts. One to watch Remi, but not to start.

Good luck to Lafferty, three years of his prime wasted here. Don''t particularly like saying it but it could turn out to be a good fit for the tractor boys. Certainly never worked for him here. Still can''t see him scoring against us though!

[quote user="xxxx"]Hardly a time to be laughing at them with the amount of cheap unproven signings we are making while offloading most of our better players. As for a pot to pi55 in , well next season ours will be even smaller than theirs so lets hope Delia eithr pi55es or gets off the pot for good .[/quote]what a silly deluded binner you are (there are other types?)without parachute payments we earn more money that your grubby little cluband that will simply increasea clue 22,000 season tickets at CR 9000  season tickets at pr

Made me smaile that in the pinkun poll, 67% of the 2000 that voted were happy for him to go to Ipswich.

I don''t care where he goes tbh but doubt they''ll prepared to match his salary there

Lafferty would be a good acquisition for them. Let''s face it, they''re not going to pushing for promotion. It''s a relegation battle they''re prepping for and with him and Garner they stand a better chance of not going down.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Lafferty''s current salary is £0.

Even Ipswich, in their poverty state, can match his current salary.

I also suspect they can pay him what he can reasonably expect to get paid after 3 years of doing not much.[/quote]

Do you think so Bethnal? Didn''t he turn Leeds down last year cos they wouldn''t pay him £20k a week? I can''t see Ipswich being able to offer that.