Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

I almost expected he would be gone today

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Nutty Nigel you asked what a Chinaman off a slow boat would bring compared to Dumb and Dumber our current owners? He would be an improvement whatever he brought as we are sliding back to the bad old days and surely even you can see that![/quote]absolute shyte !

I''ve read a few posts about AN''s bully boy tactics yet I did read somewhere once that apparently AN & FM have very good man management skills.

To be fair I really can''t make this season out, I come up to watch a game like Forest where we could do no wrong then we get Saturdays result... Confused.com lol

@Dorset my own view is that as we have good individual players there are bound to be days like Forest, particularly against the weaker sides at home. We stuck two wonder goals in inside the first 20 minutes which obviously builds momentum.

Where we are found lacking is any game where we need the team to be equal to or greater than the sum of its parts as relying on individual skill to win games is not enough, especially with our appalling defence who will give any team at least two clear chances. In a game. Teams with decent strikers punish us.

The Channel 5 program is a bit of a joke to be honest. One minute we were, too big, too strong , too skillful for the rest when we were top. Then we became the under performing, manager under threat club.

Admittedly the pundits have to say something but do they really know enough about our club to appraise us accurately?

And any one of them would jump in his mates shoes after saying how unfair it was and he should have been given more time.

And AN has no managerial history down in England apart from us so they can''t judge.

The fact is as a big proportion of the football topics on here at the moment seem to be about whether he should stay or go with the majority opting for go, then it is perfectly obvious there is an immediate problem.

I have heard what DS wants for the club but to be honest, every club wants the same, a dynasty like Ferguson and yes, Wenger, have been able to construct.

It isn''t going to happen. Anybody exceptional enough for 10 years would be gone higher in three.

I daresay all of us would like to see the future with half the team from the academy mixed with some experience and a couple of marquee signings.

Well we have the possibilities of the young lads making it (provided they are not continually farmed out just to sit on benches) as one or two are considered starters and others must be close.

And there are one or two experienced guys like Wes and Howson who can still be relied on.

But I cannot bring myself to trust AN with the cheque book. Surely even his most ardent supporters must admit he has not got it right when spending big money (well to us it is big).

And the inconsistent performances, especially against teams below us makes me wonder how good the coaching staff are as whatever they are asking them to do, it isn''t happening.

He will no doubt be here until the season finishes. I think the board will try and avoid the embarrassment of the Hughton/Adams farce and just try and make it to the end without too many problems from the home crowds.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Nutty Nigel you asked what a Chinaman off a slow boat would bring compared to Dumb and Dumber our current owners? He would be an improvement whatever he brought as we are sliding back to the bad old days and surely even you can see that![/quote]
There''s a quote facility on this messageboard. You''d be better off using that than changing people words to make you''re own point. I love how honest posters seemingly get banned but the dishonest ones remain. I know which ones are more damaging to this community.
[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="komakino"]Keeping Neil on I would now say is even worse than Gunn because the stakes are far higher. There is no logic in keeping Neil on whatsoever, but when you have amateurs running a professional organisation, indecision is final.[/quote]
If 20 years experience of running a football club makes them amateurs then what would be a guy who just stepped off a slow boat from China?
[/quote]
Do you want to have another try at replying now?
Morty''s irony meter would have exploded with you calling other people Dumb and Dumber....;
You''re welcome[Y]

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Players will only act like as#### if you allow them to !

do you honestly think the players would be like this with Big Sam or Sir alex or jose ? no because they would respect the Manager

AN has shown he has no idea what to do now the players egos are growing out of control[/quote]

this

Because Neil will be overseeing a rebuild of the side it seems fair to say that he''ll be given a fair bit of leeway next season. What are the chances of a midtable finish next season and his surviving into the season after that?With the above scenario we''re at grave risk of another relegation to League One from about 2020 onwards.

Do you really think he''ll still be here next season if we lose all our remaining games this season and receive some thumpings along the way?

[quote user="Len"]Because Neil will be overseeing a rebuild of the side it seems fair to say that he''ll be given a fair bit of leeway next season. What are the chances of a midtable finish next season and his surviving into the season after that?With the above scenario we''re at grave risk of another relegation to League One from about 2020 onwards.[/quote]

Why are we going to get relegated?

Just because we will miss play offs this season?

[quote user="Dorset Canary"][quote user="Len"]Because Neil will be overseeing a rebuild of the side it seems fair to say that he''ll be given a fair bit of leeway next season. What are the chances of a midtable finish next season and his surviving into the season after that?With the above scenario we''re at grave risk of another relegation to League One from about 2020 onwards.[/quote]

Why are we going to get relegated?

Just because we will miss play offs this season?[/quote]An almost brand new squad, less money to spend, a manager without the experience of building a side, a board full of Delia''s friends and family.The board don''t look like they''ve learned much in the past 20 years so I expect the same mistakes to be repeated and an eventual drop down to league one. The owners are prone to try and gamble their way out of trouble, so relegation remains a risk if one of their gambles fails.

Whilst there are some obvious candidates who need moving on the prospect of Neil being allowed to rebuild the squad in order to try and cover up his own glaring shortcomings as a manager fills me with dread and I think is bound to fail because he is not good enough and he cannot coach or organise a team defensively regardless of who he has at his disposal.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="CJ"]Any other club with the investment AN has had over last two years and yes he would be gone. But unfortunately Delia et al have stated we are stuck with him long term , equivalent of telling Russell Martin he can be captain and center back forever, oh no forgot he still is wouldnt know it during the game.

So we can only hope Bristol do a Sheffield and even Delia will have to see what the vast majority of fans know AN couldnt even manage the youth team![/quote]I may have missed it but I don''t believe she has said that. In the interview in The Times she said ideally she would like to have a manager for ten years, but she was talking theoretically, and not specifically about Neil. She was not guaranteeing him the job for a whole decade.For me Smith and Jones have made one really indefensible decision in their 20 years in charge, and that was not sacking Gunn after relegation (I thought  giving him the job in the first place was a mistake, but not obviously a really awful choice). If Neil is kept allowed to stay as manager for next season that will rival the mistake of keeping Gunn on..[/quote]

Add to - that keeping Worthington half a season to long.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"][quote user="It''s Character Forming"]

[quote user="Sooty57"]One thing that struck me on Saturday''s Channel 5 prog was yet another manager singing Alex Neil''s praises. Despite the embarrassing defeats we have had to witness all season there seems to be no shortage of those within the game, who supposedly have far better knowledge than the rest of us, ready to extoll his virtues and point out how lucky we are to have him, and how we should stick with him. I''m not defending him, just making an observation. Unlike many on here I don''t profess to know the answer, (if I did I would be making a fortune in the PL) but I am pretty sure that just changing the manager will not solve our problems. Something is obviously very wrong, and needs sorting, but I don''t think for one minute that there is a quick fix. I reckon we are in for a period of upheaval, whoever is in the dugout.[/quote]

I can''t ever remember seeing a manager on a programme like that saying another manager should be sacked. It would be a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas.

I''m not saying AN should be sacked right now, just making an observation LOL.

It reminds me of after the relegation to L1, when we were thrashed by Chelmsford.  Of course, the quick fix option didn''t work then ... no, wait a minute...

Cue someone to say there''s no guarantee a new manager would be an improvement.  If so, can you give me a guaranteed solution to the club''s current plight ?

That someone would be Morty but he''s not aroend, nor is the thread about his absence, Whas gorn on?
[/quote]

TBF it''s not just Morty that has made the point about changing the manager being no guarantee of solving the problems.  While it''s true, IMO it''s a bit of a non-point because no option gives a guaranteed solution.

There is another site where he has a presence and has been posting, if anyone is interested.

morty never did anything but be obtuse and superior and just pick holes in other people''s posts. Not very constructive.

I would be inclined to still support AN if I could see what he was trying to do. Some evidence of a gradual improvement or a philosophy or something. But there is no evidence of learning at all and despite having some genuinely talented players cannot get much out of them. What is to guarantee that any new players that he brings in will respond any better? He has already spent bucketloads and many of the underperformers are his own choices. And he failed to motivate and sold some of our best talent also. The Tony Andreu thing right at the start set off a little alarm bell but it would be foolish if were given anything more than a fiver to spend in the summer, if still here.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]morty never did anything but be obtuse and superior and just pick holes in other people''s posts. Not very constructive.  [/quote]
That''s a complete fabrication Tumbleweed.
Morty was an honest poster. I hope this forum doesn''t become a haven for the dishonest and weak.

It''s a shame one of the old guard and PUPs has been banished, nutty.

Whilst I didn''t always agree with morty''s direct and sometimes aggressive nature, his passion and defence of Norwich City had to be applauded. Plus he did get a debate going.

Hopefully SDP will cancel his banishment.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]It''s a shame one of the old guard and PUPs has been banished, nutty.

Whilst I didn''t always agree with morty''s direct and sometimes aggressive nature, his passion and defence of Norwich City had to be applauded. Plus he did get a debate going.

Hopefully SDP will cancel his banishment.[/quote]
I just think it''s a shame. Morty upset some people and many didn''t like the way he supports the club but he wouldn''t be alone for that. I''ve been upsetting people for 10 years and a lot of them hate the way I support the club. I get told, from the safey of anonymity, that I''m everything that''s wrong with this forum. If Norwich lose heavily or unexpectedly I often have threads waiting for the next day with supposed city fans somehow gloating. I''ve had posters abuse me on pms, emails and even phonecalls. These posters eventually go but come back under another name. I have never reported and never will. These people are weak and dishonest. But yet Morty, who I believe is an asset to this community gets banned. 

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Brothers, sisters...despite our differences, can''t we all just get along?

Apples[/quote]
This is the scientists hope Mr Apples. But there''s no evidence that human nature is heading that way. In fact the opposite is probably true. So perhaps it''s time to look elsewhere [;)]

Are there any other personas (I expect they''re posting under another name) that are notable by their absence today?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Are there any other personas (I expect they''re posting under another name) that are notable by their absence today?

[/quote]I''ve just noticed that I''ve used that there/they''re/their word in all it''s glory in one sentence, haven''t I?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 07/03/2017 2:28 PM:

Tumbleweed wrote:

morty never did anything but be obtuse and superior and just pick holes in other people''s posts. Not very constructive.

That''s a complete fabrication Tumbleweed.

Morty was an honest poster. I hope this forum doesn''t become a haven for the dishonest and weak.

I''m all for strong opinions, and a good debate, that''s surely what a forum is about. Not telling people who have a different view that they are wrong, and personal insults.