Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

I almost expected he would be gone today

It''s good when we all get along Greavsy.

We are all equals on here mate, none are better or more important, like a commune👍

Nutty Nigel wrote;

I just think it''s a shame. Morty upset some people and many didn''t like the way he supports the club but he wouldn''t be alone for that. I''ve been upsetting people for 10 years and a lot of them hate the way I support the club. I get told, from the safey of anonymity, that I''m everything that''s wrong with this forum. If Norwich lose heavily or unexpectedly I often have threads waiting for the next day with supposed city fans somehow gloating. I''ve had posters abuse me on pms, emails and even phonecalls. These posters eventually go but come back under another name. I have never reported and never will. These people are weak and dishonest. But yet Morty, who I believe is an asset to this community gets banned.

I agree, this is a poorer forum without Morty, he had a knack of cutting through the bull, and actually spoke with a great deal of considered thought, (he didn''t suffer fools, and that could be misconstrued at times) IMO, Its a shame when there are others who probably should have been banned before now but seem to stay just under the radar.

[quote user="Greavsy"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 07/03/2017 2:28 PM:

Tumbleweed wrote:

morty never did anything but be obtuse and superior and just pick holes in other people''s posts. Not very constructive.

That''s a complete fabrication Tumbleweed.

Morty was an honest poster. I hope this forum doesn''t become a haven for the dishonest and weak.

I''m all for strong opinions, and a good debate, that''s surely what a forum is about. Not telling people who have a different view that they are wrong, and personal insults.[/quote]
You would maybe have a point if Morty was alone for telling people who have a different view that they are wrong and personal insults. However we both know that isn''t true. It''s been the way of this forum for the ten years I''ve been here. In fact it was the welcome I got when I joined.
Now I do hope I''m not about to fill that great void in your life Greavsy...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Greavsy"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 07/03/2017 2:28 PM:

Tumbleweed wrote:

morty never did anything but be obtuse and superior and just pick holes in other people''s posts. Not very constructive.

Morty was an honest poster. I hope this forum doesn''t become a haven for the dishonest and weak.

I''m all for strong opinions, and a good debate, that''s surely what a forum is about. Not telling people who have a different view that they are wrong, and personal insults.[/quote]
You would maybe have a point if Morty was alone for telling people who have a different view that they are wrong and personal insults. However we both know that isn''t true. It''s been the way of this forum for the ten years I''ve been here. In fact it was the welcome I got when I joined.
[/quote]And some sensitive soul must have pressed the report button...............

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Greavsy"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 07/03/2017 2:28 PM:

Tumbleweed wrote:

[/quote]And some sensitive soul must have pressed the report button...............[/quote]
The report button is the refuge of the weak Robert.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Greavsy"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 07/03/2017 2:28 PM:

Tumbleweed wrote:

[/quote]And some sensitive soul must have pressed the report button...............[/quote]
The report button is the refuge of the weak Robert.
[/quote]Exactly Nutty.

Whilst I agree Morty was passionate about the Club, and said what he thought but he could also be a nasty piece of work too; I have first hand experience of that and personally won''t miss him, now he''s gone maybe more posts will stay on their original topics and not degenerate into personal insults over people''s beliefs

Alex Neil is an impact manager ... nothing more nothing less.

His bullish self confidence gave our talented squad in 2015 the jolt they needed to trigger a momentum that took us up the Wembley steps.

He has been found out since his initial impact has faded.

There will be a minutes silence before Saturday''s game in honour of morty and a minute''s applause on 35,000 minutes in memory of his post count.

Taken far too early. 😭😢

Baldyboy doesn''t get it because he''s as dishonest as Morty is honest. Only yesterday baldyboy changed the words of my post to make a point. Didn''t you baldyboy?

No void to fill Nutty, Let''s not make this something it isn''t.

user="Woodman"

I''ve said this before, though not used the word bullying. I think senior players like Klose, Naismith, Ruddy, Wes and possibly Martin - are no longer responding to the style of management and coaching that AN uses. I don''t think they believe AN, Frankie McAvoy and Ricky Martin have the relevant skills to coach them. We all remember the days of the ''wee chat'' when he arrived. I think they''ve seen through that and no longer respect him".

If this is true, and I have no idea whether it is right or wrong, given the number of goals we have conceded this season, especially from set pieces, doesn''t it mean those players are wrong for not following AN''s instructions, and if they were to listen perhaps our results might be better?

Spent the day by my pool, had time to share this afternoon and feel good. Just off for tapas and a few cool 😎 ones, let''s stay happy guys till the final whistle👍

How am I dishonest NN? Show me where I twisted what you said, if I did and you have proof, fair enough I will apologise as I am honest enough to accept I may be wrong unlike yourself and your dearly departed love buddy Morty!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr Apples"]Brothers, sisters...despite our differences, can''t we all just get along?

Apples[/quote]
This is the scientists hope Mr Apples. But there''s no evidence that human nature is heading that way. In fact the opposite is probably true. So perhaps it''s time to look elsewhere [;)]
[/quote]I think you have it the wrong way round nutty. Science is about the world as it is, not as people would like it to be. There''s a shortage of the scientifically minded, and far too many Utopians. (I''m not saying Apples is one of the latter; he has a wry brand of cynicism!)

[quote user="Alex "]"norfolkngood wrote ''Players will only act like as#### if you allow them to !

do you honestly think the players would be like this with Big Sam or Sir alex or jose ?''.

As we saw last season with Chelsea, then yes players can act like that with Jose. Only Ferguson seemed infallible, and he got rid of any at the first opportunity who were upsetting the applecart. But many of his players had grown up with him from their teenage years, and I think that had a bearing on things - perhaps NCFC''s vision for the future is the same what with the many good young players we seem to have coming through the ranks. Nevertheless, I will be gutted to see the likes of Howson, Pinto and Oliveira go, and they will, as the summer clearout won''t all go our way. I actually think we''ll see the biggest squad change that we''ve seen in many a year at Carrow Rd.

But back to the first point, look at proven respected managers like Wenger, Klopp etc - even they are not getting the best out of their respective players. Perhaps player power has grown too great in the game nowadays, it seems like there''s been a shift in recent years for sure - it''s already cost Ranieri his job, and he won''t be the last.[/quote]

"Only Ferguson seemed infallible, and he got rid of any at the first opportunity who were upsetting the applecart."

Oh how I hated him back in the day but in hindsight and having had to sack a few people this is the key.

As soon as someone wants to leave or is not committed to the cause they have to go.

Newcastle got it right have a massive clear out and then replace with hungry players. This is where AN is unproven to me as he has not stripped down and rebuilt a high level team after relegation. Fair play he had a go and he has failed game over.

There are people who can walk into a group and stir them up for a period of time through force of will and there are others who can chop and change and improve a team over time either via coaching or wheeling and dealing.

Part of me thought that things would get better after the window as sometimes the bad apples in the squad hunker down as a move is not on the cards. This looked like happening but as we have seen some dont really have the commitment to the cause and want to sail on to the end of the season and move on.

You mean the comment about someone off a boat from China? Wow! We are touchy aren''t we? Now what were you saying then and if I upset you I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, as for that making me dishonest if that''s what you think that''s up to you but one thing I ain''t is dishonest old fella! Now that I''ve apologised to you maybe you can do likewise for calling me dishonest whilst we are at it then, as how you can call me that when you don''t even know me, Maybe you are just a little bit upset still at Mortygate hey 😂