Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

This can't go on

It will go on as long as we have a clueless old cook running our club.

Until the sheep who fill Carrow Road every other week see the light,

grow some balls, and force change. Amazing to think Chase was hounded

out whilst Delia gets such a sickeningly easy ride.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Herman"][quote user="lincoln canary"]It will go on. Before today most on here we''re back supporting Neil.

He''d lost it at Brighton, and should have gone then.

Spineless board. Delusional fans. We''re a joke, and deserve the dross being served up.[/quote]No they weren''t.[/quote]Herman is correct Lincoln.  With respect, I think you''re getting confused by the amount of noise made by the so called Happy Clappers with they''re actual numbers.  Sure there are the usual candidates such as Nutty for whom the club can do no wrong, and then there is LDC who is fixated, amongst other things, on the people who have booed at the manager/team during a match and is unable to comprehend that if you boo at somebody 60 minutes after the event you are objecting to, they don''t know what you are on about.Regretfully I don''t think that whoever is the manager of NCFC is going to make a huge difference in the greater scheme of things.  Most acknowledge that the current owners are not wealthy enough to establish us in the PL should we get back there (unlikely in the current season), and they do give an impression of being happy enough to stay in the Championship, away from the type of monied, foreign owned clubs they seem to despise so much.Many supporters are wary of new owners, preferring to look at the bad foreign ones rather than the good ones, of which there ARE some.  So here we sit, dissatisfied, wanting, in the main a new manager which might improve our league position, but what we really need as well is new owners too, to move into a new era.  Otherwise we will be like the scum for decades or, and it could happen, even lower than them.Just my opinion.[/quote]
If you''re going to quote me I''d prefer you quote one of my posts than just use me in your own argument Robert.
Obviously you''re well entitled to do anything you please though.

[quote user="ricardo"]AN, safe as houses for the season by my reckoning. I didn''t expect it but the little man has pulled it out of the fire.[/quote]
[quote user="ricardo"]Sorry but AN is not going to equal even our minimum expectation this season.Enough is enough.[/quote]
Rickyyyy buddy you change your tune week after week. Is it for good this time or will a win next week see another about turn?
You can''t help but feel for Neil. He hasn''t lost the players but everything else goes against him. I think he will survive today but  I still believe that if the home crowd turn he will be gone the next day. It could be next week because we know what happens when Lambert comes to town. But of course we are well capable of beating Wolves....

Why do we have to go through this time and time again.

Worthy kept on past sell by date - unable to turn it round.

Hughton kept on past sell by date - unable to turn it round.

Adams ... only left because he resigned!

Neil ... on a worse record this season than his predecessor and STILL here!!!

Its almost getting to the point where a sacking would mean that the board HAVE to hold their hands up and admit that the critics had it right a long time ago and holding on to Neil has severely damaged the club.

They are screwing up their eyes and just hoping that a corner will be turned ... it won''t it seems.

That''s a little unfair Nigel, most of us want AN to do well and very occasionally he does spectacularly, then very quickly it''s back to the same old same old, this has been going on for a year now. You would think we would all get it by now.

The truth is he isn''t good enough at this level and he should go.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]You can''t help but feel for Neil. He hasn''t lost the players but everything else goes against him. [/quote]I don''t feel for him one bit. He''s had plenty of time & money & squandered both. He clearly isn''t up to it and if he goes I''ll have absoloutely no sympathy.And as for luck, you make you''re own. He can''t continually keep coming out with excuses when things go wrong when it''s his job to make things go right.Oh, and I''ll save you the bother.Post or Poster

I  said start of the season mid table 8th to 12th was a true realistic position for City and so its proving. Have thought AN should have been sacked months ago, ever since Southampton away at start of the Prem season i could see that City disease in the team, mainly in defence, with the same old faces still here. Its 2017, i just cannot fathom how Whittaker, Turner, Martin and Bassong are STILL all at the club, Alex has had more than enough time to move on at least some of those guys.The one credit i would give to Alex is bringing in some  smashing young players  like Canos, Maddison, Pritchad etc but,,,he hasnt a clue what to do with them! Week in, week out, he has not a clue what to do, and now hes lost  the vast majority of the fans, times up.Says it all for me that we had Olsson, Brady and Toffolo as all possible LB position, yet somehow Alex manages to end up with Whittaker there, add the fact that a club so knee deep in midfielders is suddenly looking threadbare even in that department..says it all for me. Delia, Michael, Jez, whoever does it...wield the axe now!

Esssjayess, that is exactly the way I feel and have felt for the last 6 months. He should have gone last year and I predicted 13th to 16th and around 60 points. And also I agree that Alex Neil has brought in some great youngster potential...never been as good in all my timemof supporting.. Rarely do I come across someone''s views that chime so strongly with mine so I salute you!

[quote user="hogesar"]Think we know that despite being McNallys man, if David was still here AN would have gone a while ago.[/quote]

Almost certainly, but then the majority of posters on here were desperate to get rid of McNally and they got their wish.

Doesn''t seem to have made them happy though.

The season ticket renewal packs should be interesting. I suspect the Design Team may have gone though several versions!At least the club won''t have to worry about what the price will be if we get promoted.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]F*ck me ! Morty finally sees the light 💡[/quote]I haven''t changed any opinion,I have said for some time now that although I understand what the club is trying to do, its a results based business, and there comes a time where a manager''s position becomes untenable.And he has been teetering for some weeks now.[/quote]

Morty you have been slagging people off for 3 months who could see the inevitable and obviously you know very little about football. From reading your posts over many years you don''t give two hoots about NCFC just your own agenda.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
[quote user="ricardo"]AN, safe as houses for the season by my reckoning. I didn''t expect it but the little man has pulled it out of the fire.[/quote]
[quote user="ricardo"]Sorry but AN is not going to equal even our minimum expectation this season.Enough is enough.[/quote]
Rickyyyy buddy you change your tune week after week. Is it for good this time or will a win next week see another about turn?
You can''t help but feel for Neil. He hasn''t lost the players but everything else goes against him. I think he will survive today but  I still believe that if the home crowd turn he will be gone the next day. It could be next week because we know what happens when Lambert comes to town. But of course we are well capable of beating Wolves....
[/quote]After the Derby game it looked like he had pulled it out of the fire. Now he''s straight back in it and of all things it was against the divisions whipping boys. Any other manager in any other season in my entire supporting lifetime would have gone well before now. Yes we may be only one more game away from another Derbyesque revival but its difficult to argue that we are not equally one game away from another Rotherham.Anyone else would have run out of road by now but AN is now long past doing Wile e Coyote out of a job.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]
[/quote]After the Derby game it looked like he had pulled it out of the fire. Now he''s straight back in it and of all things it was against the divisions whipping boys. Any other manager in any other season in my entire supporting lifetime would have gone well before now. Yes we may be only one more game away from another Derbyesque revival but its difficult to argue that we are not equally one game away from another Rotherham.Anyone else would have run out of road by now but AN is now long past doing Wile e Coyote out of a job.[/quote]

The thing is Ricardo we have a lot of good players so occasionally we are going to beat teams in the way we did Derby. Wes was on fire and in the team and that makes us tick. Even in that game though they had two one on ones despite being very poor and not really threatening that much so the fallibility at the back was still there. Neil then made that result all about him and I think saw it as proof that there was nothing wrong with his methods hence the same old defensive cr*p today.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

The thing is Ricardo we have a lot of good players so occasionally we are going to beat teams in the way we did Derby. Wes was on fire and in the team and that makes us tick. Even in that game though they had two one on ones despite being very poor and not really threatening that much so the fallibility at the back was still there. Neil then made that result all about him and I think saw it as proof that there was nothing wrong with his methods hence the same old defensive cr*p today.[/quote]Jim, eventually we will come to a must win game that he doesn''t win.

But Ricardo we''ve been here before with Worthy and Hughton - must-win games - that are then, somehow, won. Then we lose 2 or 3 and just as the axe is about to fall, another must-win game comes along. When is enough enough?

[quote user="Bagster"]That''s a little unfair Nigel, most of us want AN to do well and very occasionally he does spectacularly, then very quickly it''s back to the same old same old, this has been going on for a year now. You would think we would all get it by now.

The truth is he isn''t good enough at this level and he should go.[/quote]
How on earth is that unfair buddy?
I was just pointing out how a respected poster changes his views from game to game. It would have been unfair if it had been something from last month or last year. But it was the last league game. It isn''t a criticism of Rickyyyy it''s just how things are. That''s why I went on to make the point about the Wolves game...

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]You can''t help but feel for Neil. He hasn''t lost the players but everything else goes against him. [/quote]I don''t feel for him one bit. He''s had plenty of time & money & squandered both. He clearly isn''t up to it and if he goes I''ll have absoloutely no sympathy.And as for luck, you make you''re own. He can''t continually keep coming out with excuses when things go wrong when it''s his job to make things go right.Oh, and I''ll save you the bother.Post or Poster[/quote]
If you really wanted to save me the bother you''d answer the question.
Post or poster?

Neil has been a Gonner for weeks. It''s not about must win games , it''s about not going up which happened ages ago . The board Are lost with no idea what to do - clutching to any win to give them some false time.

Tonight they are shitting themselves . ST renewals going out soon and no chance of promotion . Could mean a major change in costing . This is a fucking disaster folks.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]But Ricardo we''ve been here before with Worthy and Hughton - must-win games - that are then, somehow, won. Then we lose 2 or 3 and just as the axe is about to fall, another must-win game comes along. When is enough enough?[/quote]Like all those others before him he will eventually fail to win a must win game. It hasn''t come yet but it will come.

Should never have been in charge at the start of the season and should have gone last season.I have no sympathy whatsoever for the man.  He is a woeful manager, the worst in game management of any manager I have ever seen and I am not just talking about professional managers either.  He never, ever learns from his mistakes, can''t organise a defence to save his life, tinkers and fiddles with no rhyme or reason.  A bad man manager, who struggles to motivate, plays players out of position, ends up with 5 players for one position and none for another.  Stubborn and more arrogant than Mr Arrogant himself.He lost the players a long time ago.  I am amazed that some were hoodwinked by the Derby result.Will he goes, who knows with our board (who are a massive part of the problem)?  Can we afford to get rid of him, can we afford not to?  How attractive a proposition will we be to even merely a half decent manager?I have no doubt that a half decent manager will bring improved results, however, ultimately, changes at the top are needed if our club is going to progress.  Alas, if there are no changes at the top, I fear that we could face years of stagnation and slow decline; a look at the League One table tonight, sees Coventry, rock bottom of it [:(].

How on earth is that unfair buddy?

I was just pointing out how a respected poster changes his views from game to game. It would have been unfair if it had been something from last month or last year. But it was the last league game. It isn''t a criticism of Rickyyyy it''s just how things are. That''s why I went on to make the point about the Wolves game...

And I completely agree with Nutty on this one.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

The thing is Ricardo we have a lot of good players so occasionally we are going to beat teams in the way we did Derby. Wes was on fire and in the team and that makes us tick. Even in that game though they had two one on ones despite being very poor and not really threatening that much so the fallibility at the back was still there. Neil then made that result all about him and I think saw it as proof that there was nothing wrong with his methods hence the same old defensive cr*p today.[/quote]Jim, eventually we will come to a must win game that he doesn''t win.[/quote]

Yes but I think where you and I differ is that you are happy to wait for that point whereas I would prefer them to be proactive and foresee things not wait until that point because waiting and waiting for that moment has already damaged us.

1st We missed out on the decent managers 12 months ago when AN should have gone.

2nd We lost McNally thru some reason unknown to us fans

3rd We lost Mr Bowkett less than 2 weeks after he was re-elected the BOD

4th We then get a Chairman who is more interested in becoming a TV personality ( speaks volumes of what the British Public now call a Celebrity

4th We get in a CE in Jez Moxley who had a very indifferent career at Wolves

5th We have Delia who head is buried in the sand and is adamant that her Nephew takes over this club

6th Good luck to him he will need it

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

The thing is Ricardo we have a lot of good players so occasionally we are going to beat teams in the way we did Derby. Wes was on fire and in the team and that makes us tick. Even in that game though they had two one on ones despite being very poor and not really threatening that much so the fallibility at the back was still there. Neil then made that result all about him and I think saw it as proof that there was nothing wrong with his methods hence the same old defensive cr*p today.[/quote]Jim, eventually we will come to a must win game that he doesn''t win.[/quote]

Yes but I think where you and I differ is that you are happy to wait for that point whereas I would prefer them to be proactive and foresee things not wait until that point because waiting and waiting for that moment has already damaged us.[/quote]Unfortunately what you or I prefer doesn''t come into it. We merely await the people at the top taking action. Some of us have more patience than others and for me personally I have been willing to give the manager every opportunity to turn things around but eventually there has to be a point where you call time.If the best forecast of the future is the past then this season looks like being a succession of false hopes followed by disappointments. I doubt that I was alone last week in thinking a corner had been turned with the Derby win and a reasonable performance against Southampton. Then we get a result like today. How can you make sense of that?I still want him to be successful but in all honesty I no longer believe that he can.

Making a decision on the managers future should not be taken on a game by game basis. The idea that it comes all down to a single must win game is ridiculous. After around a year in charge it should be obvious if the guy is capable of getting the best out of the resources available to him or not. Are we over or under achieving?

AN clearly was under achieving with the squad and cash he had available over 12 months ago and that was when he should have gone. The good result against Derby and the bad one today don''t suddenly make him more or less likely to succeed. He has been out of his depth for months and months and that will still be the case if we beat Wolves next week or not.

The fact that the board have not seen this is boardering on the negligent and a huge opportunity has been lost as a result of it. The only thing that might have forced their hand last season would have been vociferous fan unrest. This didn''t happen and therefore allowed then to continue with their unfathomable decision to stick with him.

I genuinely can''t remember being as disillusioned and miserably apathetic as this in all the years I''ve been going.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Making a decision on the managers future should not be taken on a game by game basis. The idea that it comes all down to a single must win game is ridiculous. After around a year in charge it should be obvious if the guy is capable of getting the best out of the resources available to him or not. Are we over or under achieving?

AN clearly was under achieving with the squad and cash he had available over 12 months ago and that was when he should have gone. The good result against Derby and the bad one today don''t suddenly make him more or less likely to succeed. He has been out of his depth for months and months and that will still be the case if we beat Wolves next week or not.

The fact that the board have not seen this is boardering on the negligent and a huge opportunity has been lost as a result of it. The only thing that might have forced their hand last season would have been vociferous fan unrest. This didn''t happen and therefore allowed then to continue with their unfathomable decision to stick with him.

I genuinely can''t remember being as disillusioned and miserably apathetic as this in all the years I''ve been going.[/quote]
To be fair Hairy I don''t think it has been made on a game to game basis. It''s been a consistent decision throughout.
But what has changed game to game is the opinions of fans. Even the ones charged on here with being level headed.

Eventually the negativity outweighs the positive no matter how hard we try. Just as a manager lives and dies by results so does our. Confidence in a successful outcome.

A good result brings confidence a poor one destroys it. Such is life.

The crowd hasn''t turned. It is simply resigned to the mediocrity that is to follow for years to come. The board appears to by happy away from all that PL greed. Neil is as safe as houses. Relegation looms this season or next.

Does anyone really think there''s a manager who will come here and make the difference?

It''s far more deep rooted than just the manager. As others say it''s cyclic and we''re now entering a downward spiral.

Still this can go on and will, Moxey won''t get his finger on that trigger till he''s told to do so, he''s already said the club will stand by him so can''t see any change unless it gets really unpleasant.

Even then I can''t see AN replacement being one which will please the city faithful.