Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

How many players are we going to sign this transfer window?

Assuming we sell, Olsson, Canos and Brady for say £19m in total.

How many players (excluding youth players and loans) do you think we are going to sign in this transfer window?

I am going for 3.

The players that we have that we want to get rid of no one else seems to want and if they do they won''t pay the same in wages that we do, so they will sit at the club and not go anywhere. I''d say the best we can hope for is sending some of our players out on loan and we partially pay their wages and hopefully play well enough for someone else to come in for them.

Well, we need a decent CB to partner Klose, a new left back and backup, and could do with a striker to replace Lafferty.

So I''m guessing three or four.

I''ll also guess Olsson, Brady and Lafferty will leave, with Canos and Maddison leaving on loan.

Olsson, Brady, Turner, Bennett, Lafferty, Canos, Naismith, and Pritchard are all likely leavers.

Ruddy may well go too.

Incoming; a left back and possibly a forward.

That''s it.

McGovern and Jones for GK

Martin and Pinto and Whitts for RB

Martin, Klose, Bassong CB

Whittaker NEW LB

Murphy, Murphy, Howson, Dorrans, Jarvis, Tettey, Mulumbu, McGrandles, Thompson, Grant, Hoolahan, Maddison etc MID

Jerome, Oliveira, Morris, NEW FOR

Looks fine to me. 👍⚽️👏

Highly unlikely Duncan and also I disagree with your satisfaction with that proposed squad.

I still think a quality defensive midfielder could transform this group of players. Howson would get more freedom alongside him, particularly at home and the centre-backs would get better protection. Tettey is sadly on the way out and looks to have his best days behind him. Mulumbu has never delivered and I don''t think he ever will. Dorrans has some qualities but he just doesn''t do enough defensively for me and the midfield area looks unbalanced against decent teams when he starts. Louis Thompson has been very unfortunate not to get the opportunity to stake his claim when his big chance arrived. On paper we''re well stocked in this area but all four of Howson''s potential partners in the engine room are out of form/injured/unavailable/suspended... We could well lose Howson again.

Perhaps it could be worth the gamble to take on someone with a big reputation & good experience (and probably a hefty wage), even on loan from the top division. If the likes of Olsson, Brady, Ruddy, Canos etc. leave, surely there''s some wriggle room financially.

If those four were to leave (I hope Olsson & Ruddy stay), a left-sided player, a quality defensive midfielder and in an ideal world a quality centre-back would do for me. But how many other clubs seek the same?

The poor run of form over the last few months has most likely made us an unattractive prospect for the calibre of player we want and/or need, and that''s ignoring the money side of things.

Apologies for stating the obvious, but 2 or 3 wins in the next couple of weeks would improve club morale, improve our league position and improve our ability to attract decent players before the end of the window.

"The poor run of form over the last few months has most likely made us an

unattractive prospect for the calibre of player we want and/or need,"
doesn''t seem as it has affected Swanseaand I differ from many in thinking most of the players listed as needing to go don''t ''need to goand I think there will be far less movement than most imagine, or wish

I''m not expecting any big signings or surprises either. It''s looking like one of Brady/Olsson (hopefully not both), Canos (possibly a loan) and maybe even Big John Ruddy might be looking elsewhere. I don''t have confidence in the club making the signing(s) needed to push on up the table. If Brady & Olsson both leave, we''ll surely see the signing of a left-sided player and maybe a loan

I think we could see up to 8 leave, possibly 7 like others do and maybe 3 in a defender, a LB and a striker / attacking mid ( because Alex Neil likes these) plus we will get some kind of Premier League loan signing that is left field (as in unexpected). So a net loss of players.

Brady is one we should make a decent return from and IMO will not Miss from the team that much. Good business.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Downing is going to Crystal Palace. Wouldn''t come here anyway.[/quote]

Downing is bitching about game time; if he goes to Palarse immediately after they just signed that Leicester dude then he is literally mental.

He''ll be the noooo Huckerby. 😳

Completely agree with Canary King, Olsson out, Brady likely also, with no one joining. Combine the asking price for new players which Alex has already said is ludicrous, with the usual long time it takes our club to negotiate transfers and January will be long gone before City can finalise any deals.Before season ends, can see a scenario where Klose and Pinto are both out thru injury, suspension or something, and we have  Martin, Bennett, Bassong and Whitts as our back four, with Turner on bench. Bennett gets injury  in the match, on comes Turner. Say no more...

Really depends on how many outs there are as we''ve heard in the interviews

Going to have a jobs shifting some of the higher earners mind.

I wondered if anybody thinks we will be stronger once the window closes? I don''t think so, lower wage bill, but weaker squad.