Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Numpties

[quote user="morty"]"We''ll it couldn''t do no worse"

Lol.[/quote]

Huh? Putting words into other people''s posts? Has anyone said this?

Thousands could see what we were watching wasn''t working. Obviously we didn''t realise how spoiled we were with Lambert and his radical changes. No actually, it''s not just Lambert doing it, there are other managers that dare to change formation during a game.

Good comeback though.

Lol.

So it all comes down to that we haven''t got a decent enough squad to compete for any of the top six places in the second tier.

We can''t alter our formation because we risk weakening other areas of the pitch.

We can''t try 4-4-2 as it doesn''t guarantee goals.

We can''t play certain players alongside other players because it upsets the balance.

We can''t play the diamond because we don''t have the personnel to execute it.

We can''t play three at the back for the same reason.

When players get injured they have to have an inordinate amount of games in the U23''s before they are deemed match fit (unless you are Tettey).

All in all then, in his two years at Carrow Road, AN has built one the worst squads we have ever had.

They can''t all play together and they can''t adapt.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]

All in all then, in his two years at Carrow Road, AN has built one the worst squads we have ever had.

They can''t all play together and they can''t adapt.[/quote]Nearly got to 20 pages before it is summed up in a nutshell what i feel.

Pops post is fair enough but it''s not what''s being discussed here. It could well be the reason why people booed the subs but it''s not what''s being discussed here.

Three games in six days and nobody seems to think the lone striker was tired. It takes a huge leap of faith. But that''s my point. If people accept he was tired they can''t explain the outrage at the subs.

Personally.......I think anyone who thinks that 7 defeats out of 9 games in a competitive ''results business'' is acceptable.......is actually, a bit of a numpty.......

Four weeks ago I attended the AGM having read the glossy brochure that was produced for the occasion. In this detailed document it states the following:- "The key potential business risk is first team performance and the direct impact on league status and position and ultimately revenue generation" (there were others mentioned but this was at the top of the list). "Key performance measures in relation to football areas of the business are measured and reviewed weekly with corrective action taken where appropriate". Would anyone like to suggest what "corrective actions" have been taken since we''ve been on our latest run or did I blink and miss something?

Sure he was tired, if he wasn''t there was something wrong, he certainly didn''t want to be replaced and his look at the bench showed how he was unhappy about, disbelief is how I describe Nelson''s reaction.

Bottom line, and opening post from OP, is some fans booed the decision, some didn''t, does that really make those that did numpties, or those that defend the decision are they now numpties?

Personally I don''t think there would have been boos during the game if we brought on an additional striker / forward and kept Nelson on. After the final whistle anything less than 3 points probably would have drawn the same reaction.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Personally.......I think anyone who thinks that 7 defeats out of 9 games in a competitive ''results business'' is acceptable.......is actually, a bit of a numpty.......[/quote]It''s not about that though, or shouldn''t be, in my book.   It should be about what is happening in the match that is occuring, not what happened in the last match, or the time before, or the time before that.  Yes, the run of results overall is bad, but this was still a match against a tough and confident side - and even though they were "Huddersfield",  they were very good, especially first half.  So even though we''ve had a bad run, even though we were being outplayed, even if we didn''t agree with the subs, we were still in this game at 2-1 down and with a positive crowd, the inspiration may have been there to get that equaliser.   But instead we got the barracking and not likely to help or inspire the team, even though it was directed at the manager.  I may have been a bit over the top in my rant in the op and yes I wasn''t there, but it is surely not beyond the realms of fantasy to think that supporters could get behind the team and save the booing/chanting until after the match?   The 5-0 away to Brighton was a watershed result imo and a great shock. Since then we have done better in matches - we have even won 5-0 ourselves and beaten Aston Villa  (always something to be pleased about, however bad they were) so all is not doom and gloom.  It''s a long haul, it''s a long season, but lets not throw the season away with Hughton like negativity from here on in....it''s not even Christmas yet and we are still within reach of the play offs.  Give the lads a chance and inspire them to do well - the alternative is to boo and barrack the manager and the team when things get tough.  So which will it be?  It''s up to you.

Tired is just as much a mental attitude as a physical one. And it looked to me as though Basil was ready to keep running and trying.

As our game plan changed from watching Huddersfield play us off the park to let Bennett thump it up the pitch, then I''m sure Oliveira probably knew he would be taken off. Surely even our apprent sterile and silent coaching staff would discuss how the front man would play if we were losing. And until he was replaced his shoulders dropped and he did look "tired".

But how are the crowd expected to accept this. While it is easy to quote the usual overpaid and underworked cliches, the crowd will find it difficult to accept that a player who is scoring regularly will not stay on the pitch when a goal is such a necessity. Despite the reticence of many on here about two up front, I would wager more than half the crowd would expect to see both of them on the pitch, especially with the change to long ball.

Booing, moaning, whining, raspberries whatever they were is certainly an automatic and justified football crowd response to something they disagree with.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]And that effected the subs how Webbo?[/quote]

I was responding to the previous post which mentioned 7 losses in the last 9 games. Probably could be referred to as looking at the bigger picture but I am more than happy to talk about the subs. AN has had my support in the past. It is obvious now that he is or has become a one trick pony, i.e. 4-2-3-1. Opposition teams know this and are ready for it. He should have brought on Jerome to play alongside Oliveira. There is absolutely no argument about that and his statement that he would take exactly the same action again says it all. For some time it has been apparent that he is incapable of motivating the players and now it seems that the vast majority of supporters have lost confidence in him. He is tactically naive, not able to improvise and is effectively a dead man walking. In the words of the yet to prove himself CEO - promotion, promotion, promotion. To that I say deluded, deluded, deluded.

Can''t we discuss the substitutions without calling people numpties though.

I can''t imagine any circumstances where the game plan would have been to play Nelson for 90 minutes in the third game in six days.

LDC WROTE;

It''s not about that though, or shouldn''t be, in my book. It should be about what is happening in the match that is occuring, not what happened in the last match, or the time before, or the time before that. Yes, the run of results overall is bad, but this was still a match against a tough and confident side - and even though they were "Huddersfield", they were very good, especially first half. So even though we''ve had a bad run, even though we were being outplayed, even if we didn''t agree with the subs, we were still in this game at 2-1 down and with a positive crowd, the inspiration may have been there to get that equaliser. But instead we got the barracking and not likely to help or inspire the team, even though it was directed at the manager.

I may have been a bit over the top in my rant in the op and yes I wasn''t there, but it is surely not beyond the realms of fantasy to think that supporters could get behind the team and save the booing/chanting until after the match? The 5-0 away to Brighton was a watershed result imo and a great shock. Since then we have done better in matches - we have even won 5-0 ourselves and beaten Aston Villa (always something to be pleased about, however bad they were) so all is not doom and gloom.

It''s a long haul, it''s a long season, but lets not throw the season away with Hughton like negativity from here on in....it''s not even Christmas yet and we are still within reach of the play offs. Give the lads a chance and inspire them to do well - the alternative is to boo and barrack the manager and the team when things get tough. So which will it be? It''s up to you.

Thing is the home crowd for both the Villa game and the Huddersfield were the best they have been all season, at away games fans have clapped them off after defeats, when not deserved, the manager has not once this season acknowledged away fans (his right)and these are the first to turn people keep saying, if the manager wants some sort of relationship would do no harm to acknowledge those that travel. Question, was the booing at the end on Friday that bad ?

LDC stop blaming the fans, doing no favours for anyone.

If every thread is going to be Alex is clueless, the board are clueless, everything they do is wrong then that could get very boring unless the axe falls quickly.

I think we''re past the rubicon now, people can swear, shout, boo, voice their displeasure as much as they want about subs or the way the players are putting their shift in.

The manager and players are culpable for what we see on pitch.

Booing at the start of the season to 0-0 draws was a tad much but it''s got to a point where the expectation levels of the City fans isn''t being met. You could argue we''re been treated since that first run of Prem success with Lambert, exceeded expectations and then the pressure is on to maintain it.

This is merely highlighted by the squad we have at our disposal.

I go to a game and shout myself hoarse usually screaming inane cr@p at the pitch much to the annoyance of the usual Norwich and Peterboroughs around me. I''ve paid my money so I can voice my opinion. I think that''s half the trouble with Carrow road these days, its like a f**king library.

That may well be true at games. But if we''re going to carry it on all week there''s little point of posting anything but vitriol. Still each to their own.

I agree with you, such is that negativity and failure always attracts the detractors. Nature of message boards. I prefer it when everything''s rosy, the banter on here is a lot more fun and positive. But yet I still come back time and again!

Fair point Nutty, but this is a forum, and should be a place of debate, this thread (and yes I have contributed to it) reflects a lot of what is bad on here. However to blame supporters who were at the match is so wrong, and personally think it is insulting, maybe an apology early on may well have finished the thread some time ago?.

It''s not about that though, or shouldn''t be, in my book. It should be about what is happening in the match that is occuring, not what happened in the last match, or the time before, or the time before that. Yes, the run of results overall is bad, but this was still a match against a tough and confident side - and even though they were "Huddersfield", they were very good, especially first half. So even though we''ve had a bad run, even though we were being outplayed, even if we didn''t agree with the subs, we were still in this game at 2-1 down and with a positive crowd, the inspiration may have been there to get that equaliser. But instead we got the barracking and not likely to help or inspire the team, even though it was directed at the manager.

I may have been a bit over the top in my rant in the op and yes I wasn''t there, but it is surely not beyond the realms of fantasy to think that supporters could get behind the team and save the booing/chanting until after the match? The 5-0 away to Brighton was a watershed result imo and a great shock. Since then we have done better in matches - we have even won 5-0 ourselves and beaten Aston Villa (always something to be pleased about, however bad they were) so all is not doom and gloom.

It''s a long haul, it''s a long season, but lets not throw the season away with Hughton like negativity from here on in....it''s not even Christmas yet and we are still within reach of the play offs. Give the lads a chance and inspire them to do well - the alternative is to boo and barrack the manager and the team when things get tough. So which will it be? It''s up to you.

Yeah you''re correct as it is up to me.......and in my ''opinion'' anyone who accepts 7 losses out of 9 is most likely a numpty.

Now, whether these ''numpties'' sit on the NCFC Board, in the stands, on the pitch or in the dug out - or, even at home in their comfy chair watching it on the radio......It is not in my ''opinion'' as a supporter of NCFC anyway acceptable - and is further alarming to lose 7 out of 9 games.......

On Friday ''I waz there maaaan......I waz there!.....It was carnage..... absolute carnage maaan! We called for serious reinforcements and an air strike.....but....but.....all they sent was a nerf gun an'' a water pistol!......And they only dropped marshmallows instead of cluster an'' napalm maaan!........you shoulda witnessed it for real maaan!......yeah......absolute carnage maaan!''......

Don''t take this forum seriously Lake Distant Canhardly......I don''t.......it''s full o'' sociapathas an'' narcicisstics an'' utter tools......I''m one of the latter........

I agree with NN that at no point would we have intended to keep Oliveira on for 90 minutes on Friday. But the thing about game plans is they should change in game.

I think the subs are only a very minor part of a game where we managed to look second best all over the park, where unfortunately the key difference wasn''t the quality of player, but the quality of coaching and management in having a well-drilled plan and style that worked great.

Saying that, AN identified pre-match that they like to soak up pressure and hit us on quick counters, and the first goal was exactly that.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]

Thing is the home crowd for both the Villa game and the Huddersfield were the best they have been all season, at away games fans have clapped them off after defeats, when not deserved, the manager has not once this season acknowledged away fans (his right)and these are the first to turn people keep saying, if the manager wants some sort of relationship would do no harm to acknowledge those that travel. Question, was the booing at the end on Friday that bad ?

LDC stop blaming the fans, doing no favours for anyone.[/quote]

I was cross at the time, but really, it''s not a blame game - it''s more of me just asking the question - is it sensible or helpful to the team to barrack the manager during a game?  I obviously think not and have to ask - because I feel strongly about it - what good does it do the team playing the match to be so negative?   Everyone was up in arms about negativity the whole time Hughton was in charge - but what were fans showing on Friday?  I get it. It''s football, people go to let off steam and have a good shout without thinking about it too much and we''ve had a relegation and a bad run - but people can think for themselves - they do have it within themselves to think about whether its a good for the team to complain or boo at any particular time.  Losing two or three nil at home and yes, I could understand it a bit more then, but at 2-1 down in a tightly fought match against a plainly very good and confident team?  No. 

The board of directors create the sort of situation we had on Friday by virtue of their unwillingness to act when they should do.

We are well versed in this now and so many people realise that the ONLY thing that our board ever take notice of is booing and stick from the crowd at games. That is why people booed and shouted Delia sort it out. Yes some will have also disagreed with the substitution as well but for many it was an outpouring of their general overall frustration and dissatisfaction with the manager and the performances they have been witnessing.

And LDC it was not just about other games, it also had everything to do with the Huddersfield game and performance because that performance in particular laid bare what a dreadful job Neil and his coaching staff have done/are doing with the talent and resources they have at their disposal.

The other problem of course is that our board of directors will be very quick to jump on any public chanting for Neil as evidence that he still has the backing of the fans. most of our fans know that hence the second half chanting at the Villa game where his name was very noticeably and deliberately ommited.

After beating Brentford and Villa, I felt the beginning of a positive turning point in the crowd who were ready to get behind the team.

However, both these games have been followed by diabolical performances which understandably takes the buzz out of the fans. I was not at the Barnsley game, but I know that there was a fantastic atmosphere at Carrow Road up until Huddersfields second goal. Had the team put in a better performance in either of these games (maybe even just a hard fought draw), NCFC would have had the confidence of the fans back.

I''ve personally found this the most frustrating part. The team and manager have been presented with chances to win the fans back and have cataclysmically failed to take them.

LDC

A couple of points from your response above (thanks for responding in a sensible manner), firstly Friday the fans were superb up until the substation, and blame was what this thread started as. 2nd;Some people may go to football to let off steam, personally I go to support my team, but it is hard when you believe the effort or tactics etc are not good enough, Friday night we saw one of the best team performances at Carrow Road for a good while, they certainly appeared to have caught us by surprise, yes they were good and yes they were confident and at 2-1 you always have a chance of getting back in the game, no matter how much the winning team is in control, but a huge portion of the 25,000 felt the substitution was the wrong one at that point, we were in the game and a change was needed, I don''t think Bassong going up front was it. Again I say, "don''t blame the fans" after recent results, they made a huge effort for both games last week, as if it was the last throw of the dice for the manager.

The way he looked when he come off suggests he was disappointing to be subbed. That''s about all we can really say.

He didn''t appear to me to be struggling and I saw no sign of him asking to come off.

He must have been tired as you would expect but that certainly doesn''t mean he was not fit enough to continue to be effective and make a contribution.

It''s the managers judgement and that''s all that really matters, he called it wrong!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That may well be true at games. But if we''re going to carry it on all week there''s little point of posting anything but vitriol. Still each to their own.[/quote]

Probably a good dozen pages of the posts on this topic have just been vitriol toward our, IMO, misguided, OP.

If you don''t like a bloke, or believe he is a wind up merchant, just don''t bother responding.

I agree lessingham. And I also have said I don''t agree with calling fans numpties. I was trying to discuss the subs. I still believe they were right. Tired forward replaced and defensive midfielder replaced by one who would get forward to support the striker.

Winky, how many other lone strikers can you find who play more than 70 in a third game in six days. Let''s at least try and keep it real. If you couldn''t see the guy tiring i don''t think you could have been there.

However fed up people are with Alex Neil every decision he makes won''t be wrong.