Sign in to follow this  
morty

McNally resigned.

This thread reminds me of Life of Brian, where someone asks "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

I will hold fire until the replacement is announced.

One could argue that if you are be asked to try a create a team that can maintain its place in the Premier whilst working within the financial constraints of a mid tier Championship side then you need to be pretty hard nosed !!

[quote user="The Judge"]One could argue that if you are be asked to try a create a team that can maintain its place in the Premier whilst working within the financial constraints of a mid tier Championship side then you need to be pretty hard nosed !![/quote]Exactly!David McNally was the right man for the job!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Purple, I''m of the view that it was last August''s failure that was the most significant factor in our relegation. We started the season with a championship attack and defence. We''ve finished the season in the championship. McN, as CEO, was responsible for getting targets over the line. He failed and has paid the price.[/quote]I know that is your opinion, and (unusually) I agree with it, at least to a significant extent. But your previous post, by attributing this (and other footballing decisions) on the board as a whole made it look as if McNally, who runs the footballing side of the business, was somehow blameless and just carrying the can. I am glad to see you acknowledge he has resigned because of his mistakes.[/quote]

Well while we were all moaning about what happened in the summer it appeared to me like the board were addressing it. We certainly saw changes between the two transfer windows. For whatever reason we were suddenly able to afford players we couldn''t afford iun the summer. Now it could be that those players lowered their sights but I think it''s far more likely some of our financial shackles were removed.

Rickyyyy said last summer was the time to make changes. But our fate wasn''t sealed until the end of May. In the following six months there were changes. A lot of changes. We were already heralding in a new era.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Ray, every time you post one of your "musings", I want to reply with "or maybe not". In fact "probably not". You say "should any of my recent musings have any ring of truth about them" but why should they? You appear to live in a fantasy world.[/quote]

Funny that post had more truth in than most on here. I suppose it depends on who you know etc.

Have to agree that this is a disaster for the club and leaves us in turmoil.

Presuming the inevitable happens, the last thing we need to be doing is ''scouring Europe''! for the best CEO.

He has done wonders for the club.

As an aside, whilst obviously a hard nosed business man, from personal experience he seems quite decent. When I ran the London Marathon for charity, he direct mailed me a few times with training tips and giving his best wishes for the day. It was a nice touch for someone who has clearly worked extremely hard for the club.

A sad day and one that doesnt bode well for the future.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Ray, every time you post one of your "musings", I want to reply with "or maybe not". In fact "probably not". You say "should any of my recent musings have any ring of truth about them" but why should they? You appear to live in a fantasy world.[/quote]

Nuff Said,

Read between the lines, I thought I had made that obvious but obviously not, let''s just say I can assure you there is nothing in my world that is fantasy. Nuff Said?

Who do you know then YOTT? Lots of paranoid delusionals or someone with actual inside knowledge?

morty , sometimes you have to show to be hard in business and sometimes better to play smart

i didn''t have to sell to him i had other buyers waiting

i got to the point where i thought i would rather not even sell it to the club to prove a point that someone else can play the game just as well as him and sold to someone who was fair easier to deal so who lost out in the end ?

[quote user="Nuff Said"] Who do you know then YOTT? Lots of paranoid delusionals or someone with actual inside knowledge?[/quote]

I know thousands of people but may be I don''t need to know anyone with inside knowledge to know what I know but either way take it in the spirit it is intended and be assured I am of good faith.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]morty , sometimes you have to show to be hard in business and sometimes better to play smart

i didn''t have to sell to him i had other buyers waiting

i got to the point where i thought i would rather not even sell it to the club to prove a point that someone else can play the game just as well as him and sold to someone who was fair easier to deal so who lost out in the end ?[/quote]Were you selling him a 5 million pound footballer?

[quote user="The Judge"]Accept that McNally has to take some responsibility for the likely relegation and his twitter on Saturday night was stupid (why people in public positions have twitter accounts is beyond me - they are generally a disaster waiting to happen !).

The main problems at this club however lie further up the tree and people need to realise that with Delia and Michael in charge we will NEVER be an established premier league club - the reality is they sadly don''t have enough money to support what needs to be a multi multi million pound business. This in its own right isn''t a critacism of them however where serious questions do need to raised is why do they be appear to be so adverse to seeking the significant financial investment that would be needed to establish the club in the Premier League. In fact they reinforce their desire to keep Norwich a lovely little friendly club by the appointment of their Nephew and Ed Balls to the board instead of the hard nosed businessmen/women needed to drive success.

McNally has in my view has done an excellent job and people are misplacing their anger at the wrong people - yes things could have been done better - but in both forays in the Premier League over recent years he has had to operate with his hands tied behind his back. Yes he has been well paid - but in a league that is dominated by money he isn''t a miracle worker.

People roll out the disaster stories of Bolton, Portsmouth, QPR, Aston Villa where the ''wrong'' sort of investment has caused major issues - but for every one of these you could probably name 4 other sides where ''good'' investment has created the platform needed for these clubs to flourish and establish themselves in the Premier.

Yes you can aim criticism at McNally, Alex Neil and the team but ultimately the position of the club will be dicated by the amount of money thrown at it and therefore that buck has to stop at the top.

Personally I have a certain about of sympathy with way Delia and Michael want to run the club - however from my perspective this also does come with a realisation that we will never be an established Premier League club. So although I am disappointed and frustrated at our impending relegation I am not overly surprised either - we are as a club where we deserve to be and until things change at the top then that is where we will remain.[/quote]Based on what hard evidence? The one takeover offer we know about (Cullum''s) was a bad proposal Smith and Jones were right to reject. If someone did come forward with a good offer, properly costed, they would find it very hard to turn it down, even with their majority control, bearing in mind all they have said about giving the club away for nothing to the right person.

[quote user="Ray"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Ray, every time you post one of your "musings", I want to reply with "or maybe not". In fact "probably not". You say "should any of my recent musings have any ring of truth about them" but why should they? You appear to live in a fantasy world.[/quote]

Nuff Said,

Read between the lines, I thought I had made that obvious but obviously not, let''s just say I can assure you there is nothing in my world that is fantasy. Nuff Said?[/quote]If you''re telling us you have inside knowledge, than say so (you don''t have to say who or where from, but if it''s "my mate down the pub" then that would help us evaluate the likely truth of it). There is more than enough wild speculation on here - if your "musings" are based on hard facts, then have the balls to say so, don''t be all coy. Otherwise it just looks like a more elaborate version of 101 other groundless conspiracy theories on here.

Those jumping to the defence of football agents, literally the slime of humanity, is hilarious.

Mcnallys dealings with agents is hearsay untill it''s from a reputable source. You can keep saying "Dave AND John down the pub says he''s a rummun! Thas'' multiple saarces buh!" But 2 b0llocks sources is just as reliable as 1 b0llocks source I''m afraid.

Purple - simplistic view based on the fact that they haven''t managed to get any when nearly every other premiership club has (and a significant and growing proportion of Championship sides) couple with the fact they appoint their Nephew and Ed Balls to the board - not exactly a sign of intent is it .......

Appreciate of they may have had numerous ''silly'' offers we haven''t been privvy to - but it is clear from what other clubs have managed to secure their are investors out there if you really want to attract them......

[quote user="The Judge"]Purple - simplistic view based on the fact that they haven''t managed to get any when nearly every other premiership club has (and a significant and growing proportion of Championship sides) couple with the fact they appoint their Nephew and Ed Balls to the board - not exactly a sign of intent is it .......

Appreciate of they may have had numerous ''silly'' offers we haven''t been privvy to - but it is clear from what other clubs have managed to secure their are investors out there if you really want to attract them......[/quote]I would hazard an educated guess that Ed Balls has more contacts among rich Americans, for example, than anyone else who has served on the Norwich City board up to now.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="ricardo"]No chance of that now Morty. The time for a change was at the end of last season. Delia could have quit at the top leaving them wanting more. Sadly I fear we are in for another long and bitter saga that will split club and supporters down the middle. I hope I''m wrong but I see all the same signs that heralded previous downturns. As the saying goes history repeats itself first as tragedy, then as farce.[/quote]

In these situations advise from Karl Marx always seems apt.

[/quote]

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing......If you can fake that, you''ve got it made" - Groucho Marx......

Rest assured I will continue to believe your source is b0llocks

"I knuw sumwun at thu club buh!"

Ok Ray, you say we should read between the lines of what you have written as none of it is fantasy. This is what I''ve read between your lines.

1. McNally had a drink problem which was getting worse.

2. Bowkett managed the finances not McNally

3. Bowkett resigned because of McNally''s behaviour

4. McNally tried to blackmail the board by suggesting he provided the only real leadership at the club and therefore couldn''t be fired.

5. Ed Balls stood up to him and McNally was fired unanimously by the board.

6. Agents, players CEO''s wouldn''t deal with McNally hence we lost out on potential transfers

7. Referees decisions were influenced against us because of a bust up McNally had with an assessor.

I think that''s a fair summary of your post.

My musing has concluded that you have a grudge and now that a certain person has left the club you are more able to vent your spleen, all-be-it anonymously behind a keyboard.

Lol. I''d rather be a yokel with no sources than a fool who makes then up to act big #mentalbreakdown

4. McNally tried to blackmail the board by suggesting he provided the only real leadership at the club and therefore couldn''t be fired.

6. Agents, players CEO''s wouldn''t deal with McNally hence we lost out on potential transfers

7. Referees decisions were influenced against us because of a bust up McNally had with an assessor.

i can confirm number 6 on the list that is why Ricky martin was dealing with them and mcnally had taken a step away from that side of things was told that he is not " a people person with a short fuse " but my insiders have not told me any of the other !!

Uh, are any of our players Jewish?
Because according to some guys on here McNally is Hitler.

Hairy Canary,

You and others it appears to have an issue with the manner in which I have written some of my posts, it is your issue not mine. If you want to summarise anything I ''muse'' then that is your perogative, as long as you keep clear of libel, that''s fine with me, in fact you may even be helping me out.

I carry no grudges against anyone but I may find other peoples values and beliefs and subsequent behaviour, unsavoury and against the clubs interests, does this make me right, not neccessarily.

As for anonymity, there could be all sorts of reasons for this, so I shall leave it at that.

If you want to to stop posting information and the majority agree, then I will, up to you.

norfolkngood wrote the following post at 09/05/2016 2:04 PM:

i can confirm number 6 on the list that is why Ricky martin was dealing with them and mcnally had taken a step away from that side of things was told that he is not " a people person with a short fuse " but my insiders have not told me any of the other !!

Oh dear.

Here''s a thought, how about we just see what happens? He''d done some great things here and some not so great things, let''s relax and see what the future holds.