Sign in to follow this  
morty

McNally resigned.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Norwich is a very small place of course people will know people in the club[/quote]People also talk a lot of shart.And pass their own opinions off as fact.

I wouldn''t dream of suggesting you stop posting Ray - I''m very strongly against moderating what people have to say in public forums such as this.

You carry on if you want, it really is your choice. However. if I were you I wouldn''t assume that putting the words "musing" in front of certain statements circumnavigates the libel laws. Anyway assuming what you''ve put is accurate then libel wouldn''t be an issue.

well i am bit long in the tooth for that morty but i understand where you are coming from

i never mention names or my source but will not make things up

Thank you Hairy,

I understand what you say and I have no worries re libel, so let''s call it protecting my interests then and move on.

Lastly and for the avoidance of any doubt, I can assure you I don''t normally go around making things up for the sake of it.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]well i am bit long in the tooth for that morty but i understand where you are coming from

i never mention names or my source but will not make things up[/quote]Yeah, it was a general statement, and not directed at you, or anyone else in this thread.Lots of folks here, over the years, have claimed all sorts! And very few get it right.

[quote user="Ray"]Thank you Hairy,

I understand what you say and I have no worries re libel, so let''s call it protecting my interests then and move on.

Lastly and for the avoidance of any doubt, I can assure you I don''t normally go around making things up for the sake of it.[/quote]I, for one, have never thought that for a minute, Ray.

Look we''ve been through all this on here before with people apparently unwilling to accept any information unless people will name their source. Lets get real. People often get told things in confidence or know stuff due to contacts they have who would prefer that they did not put their names in the public domain. I don''t doubt information that anyone puts on here just because its not from a named source. I think you have to form your own view of its plausibility based on how it fits with everything else going on at the club.

Personally, I have also been told No 5 on that list by a friend of mine, unconnected to the club and who does not post on here but who mixes regularly with football agents and indeed a wide range of people in football. Not the bit about Martin having taken over but the other bit.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Look we''ve been through all this on here before with people apparently unwilling to accept any information unless people will name their source. Lets get real. People often get told things in confidence or know stuff due to contacts they have who would prefer that they did not put their names in the public domain. I don''t doubt information that anyone puts on here just because its not from a named source. I think you have to form your own view of its plausibility based on how it fits with everything else going on at the club.

Personally, I have also been told No 5 on that list by a friend of mine, unconnected to the club and who does not post on here but who mixes regularly with football agents and indeed a wide range of people in football. Not the bit about Martin having taken over but the other bit.[/quote]

Not 5 sorry, number 6.

Thank you Morty,

And to clarify even further, if it is an opinion then I always state it as such.

[quote user="Ray"]Thank you Hairy,

Lastly and for the avoidance of any doubt, I can assure you I don''t normally go around making things up for the sake of it.[/quote]For what it is worth, I came to the conclusion that at least some of your musings were fact-based, and tried to send you a PM to that effect last night, but it got mangled in cyberspace! I also emailed a friend to say I was minded to believe your "watch this space" prediction of yesterday that McNally was going. I would, though, offer a professional piece of advice. You should be more concerned about libel (which is not a subject for amateurs to believe they understand) than you seem to be.

I can see it now:We have searched all over Europe, but have found the right man on our doorstep.  We have offered Nephew Tom the position of CEO of NCFC.

McNally had a 7 year plan .... did''t quite work out with us being a stable Prem club but he came very close with very little financial risk taken.

As a fan, it has been annoying but as a business model trying to look at the situation as an outsider he has done a decent job.

Should have been more flexible in the summer windows and ruthless with the first 11 rather then hoping for the best. Maybe we got unlucky, allot of rumours we were spending money in the right places but it never materialised.

Thanks Purple,

Can confirm I didn''t receive a PM.

Appreciate your professional advice re libel.

As I understand it anyone bringing a libel claim is required to prove any statements are false, it is not a requirement for the ''defendant'' to prove the statement is true?

So if I was to say that Waveney genuinely is a nob head he would have to prove he isn''t? Brilliant 😀

Thanks for your musings Ray, you are one of the few people on this board I actually have faith in their ''inside'' knowledge being reliable and not just a friends cousins uncles dog has a mate at Colney. You have intimated a lot of these collected musings previously, but, in your opinion, would we have been better off having got rid of McN when Bowkett left to try and keep him (Bowkett) or would he have still been gone come the end of the season regardless?

Thank you Cornish,

However, I couldn''t possibly proffer an opinion and it is all water under the bridge now anyway.

I''m sure McNally had his failings (as does anyone) - and if we had a different CEO that had been in charge who had just left there would be a similar long list of his personal failings or indeed strong points.

For me anyway whether he had these failings or not is an irrelevance to a significant degree as ultimately our success on the pitch is sadly largely determined by the quality of players on it, which in turn is dicated by the amount of money you have to pay for them and continue to pay for them in wages.

As said previously NCFC do not currently have the financial structure/resources in place to establish ourselves in the premier league. The CEO job is fundamentally to run the business within the financial constraints imposed/dicated by the board. McNally clearly did this with unfortunately fairly predicable consequences.

I don''t care if he was horrible or nice - if we had stayed up would most of you cared either way ? He is ultimately not solely responsible for the situation we are in, and I would argue we would be much better with him in still in charge next year going into the Championship.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]So if I was to say that Waveney genuinely is a nob head he would have to prove he isn''t? Brilliant 😀[/quote]

You could probably say whatever you wanted as you are saying it against persona unknown (i.e. a forum username).

Putting all the rumour, supposition and assumptions to one side, it''s still not really a surprise that this has come to pass.

CEOs tend to have a limited shelf life anyway. Upon his arrival he clearly changed the way we did things, introduced a more ruthless edge to the business and we are more professional for it. However, after a given period, things will start to become stale again and often it needs a new set of eyes, hands or whatever to shake it up again.

However good the intentions, after a while you stop noticing things/slight deteriorations because they''re so gradual. I don''t think it''s unreasonable to think that we were at that sort of stage with McNally.

It might seem disastrous at the moment or that "nobody is steering the ship" but so long as the recruitment to replace McNally was as good as it was when hiring him, it could be a positive thing.

[quote user="Ray"]Thanks Purple,

Can confirm I didn''t receive a PM.

Appreciate your professional advice re libel.

As I understand it anyone bringing a libel claim is required to prove any statements are false, it is not a requirement for the ''defendant'' to prove the statement is true?[/quote]I tried sending the PM twice, but it just didn''t want to be sent! As for libel, you have rather proved my point, I am afraid, because your belief is wrong. In essence the defendant does have to prove what they say is true. And it is something that has to be proved, as opposed to something you know to be true but cannot prove.

I''m not worried at all because we have Ed Balls, AKA one of the world''s most respected economists, so we are therefore bound to get at least one of this Country''s top CEOs.

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 09/05/2016 3:48 PM:

I''m not worried at all because we have Ed Balls, AKA one of the world''s most respected economists, so we are therefore bound to get at least one of this Country''s top CEOs.

Yep 😄

Duncan

"It might seem disastrous at the moment or that "nobody is steering the ship" but so long as the recruitment to replace McNally was as good as it was when hiring him, it could be a positive thing. "

Really, with two games to go and an outsiders chance of staying up?

Vanwink wrote the following post at 09/05/2016 2:09 PM:

norfolkngood wrote the following post at 09/05/2016 2:04 PM:

1. McNally had a drink problem which was getting worse.

2. Bowkett managed the finances not McNally

3. Bowkett resigned because of McNally''s behaviour

4. McNally tried to blackmail the board by suggesting he provided the only real leadership at the club and therefore couldn''t be fired.

5. Ed Balls stood up to him and McNally was fired unanimously by the board.

6. Agents, players CEO''s wouldn''t deal with McNally hence we lost out on potential transfers

7. Referees decisions were influenced against us because of a bust up McNally had with an assessor.

i can confirm number 6 on the list that is why Ricky martin was dealing with them and mcnally had taken a step away from that side of things was told that he is not " a people person with a short fuse " but my insiders have not told me any of the other !!

Oh dear.

I wasn''t aware of the RM involvement in quite such a direct way, but have always been seriously concerned about his position on the Football Board. This scenario would fit another piece into the disasterous summer window.