Sign in to follow this  
morty

McNally resigned.

McNally''s behaviour this last 48 hours is an absolute disgrace.

What a selfish pr1ck for doing this now. The club on a relegation knife edge.

During his tenure, McNally got a great deal right (Lambert, AN, financial management) and equally appears to have made his fair share of errors - not least last summer''s transfer window and the ridiculous ''footballing management board'' which has back fired spectacularly.

But putting all of that to one side, announcing his resignation to a fan on Twitter. Idiot. Makes Lambert''s walk out look well managed. Good riddance.

Certainly a series of unfortunate events. Quite why he casually mentioned it in public to someone on Twitter first, of all places, seems bizarre.  Even announcing his departure at all before the season has concluded looks unprofessional at best. Pressure does strange things to people.McNally wasn''t going to be here forever. Two relegations in three seasons is a significant downturn. Especially after his initial success hiring Lambert and getting us out of the doldrums, which raised expectations, perhaps unrealistically.What is important now is hiring a quality replacement.

We need a 35-40k stadium!...say the City fans...We are in the Prem....our team needs 10+ mill pound signings!...say the City fans..We need....well...as 1 or 2 in this topic have reminded us all..we dont have rich billionaire owners, without which, even with the Sky money, you are never going to get near what is needed to remain an established Premier Club.DM came in at a disastrous time in City''s history financially, he has overseen the club into a virtually debt free club, was seeing the big upgrade  development at Colney, and still had a vision of a bigger stadium in the medium future..all that  at a club with modest financial owners and a club that yo yo''s so much that every 12 months there is a huge different pot of money to oversee..in my mind its a testament to DM that he lasted 7 yrs in the role.Well, now hes gone, i wish him well, those that wanted him gone have their wish, and can look forward to more stability for the club. The kind of stability that Leeds, Forest, Wolves, Ipswich and others enjoy. Hurrah! no more yo yo-ing! Old Farm Derbys each season!....

McNally did a great job steadying the ship and clearing our debts. However we''ve also spent a not insignificant amount of money over the least three seasons without getting much in return.

Factor in the rumours that he could be ''difficult'' to deal with and wasn''t much liked by others in the football world and it might not be the worst thing in the world he has moved on.

Just what exactly is wrong with "the nephew"? So he hasn''t got football experience, everyone in football doesn''t have football experience at the start. He does have a seemingly successful civil service carreer behind him, by the vague terms in which it is couched possibly even security services. He has a skillset that might not be what you would choose but it doesn''t say he will be a failure. It''s not like this is the oyston''s we''re talking about.

I am not saying he will be a success but if it is him that becomes the CEO I will at least give him enough rope to hang himself.

@cornish sam

I''ve about 6 years experience in various roles in sales/recruitment sector. I''m about as qualified to run a football club as him.

[quote user="cornish sam"]Just what exactly is wrong with "the nephew"? So he hasn''t got football experience, everyone in football doesn''t have football experience at the start. He does have a seemingly successful civil service carreer behind him, by the vague terms in which it is couched possibly even security services. He has a skillset that might not be what you would choose but it doesn''t say he will be a failure. It''s not like this is the oyston''s we''re talking about.

I am not saying he will be a success but if it is him that becomes the CEO I will at least give him enough rope to hang himself.[/quote]Hmmmm, how about we don''t?

Nobody. Just something I heard. Not saying I neccesiraly believe it will happen, just threw it out there.

I never thought they would offer Gunn or Adams jobs after they both took us down, but that happened.

[quote user="cornish sam"]Just what exactly is wrong with "the nephew"? So he hasn''t got football experience, everyone in football doesn''t have football experience at the start. He does have a seemingly successful civil service carreer behind him, by the vague terms in which it is couched possibly even security services. He has a skillset that might not be what you would choose but it doesn''t say he will be a failure. It''s not like this is the oyston''s we''re talking about.

I am not saying he will be a success but if it is him that becomes the CEO I will at least give him enough rope to hang himself.[/quote]Because - IF, he is appointed, the only reason he gets the job is because he is the nephew.  Or to phrase it another way, if he wasn''t the nephew, he wouldn''t have a hope in hell of getting it.That would therefore lead to the following question being asked, would his appointment be in the best interests of NCFC? If not, you would inevitably have to call in to question the owners.

But NBS just because he wouldn''t have got the chance if he weren''t the nephew doesn''t necessarily mean it''s a bad thing. I''m not saying it''s a good thing but for all we know the reason that mcn has left is because he was being owned and made to look third rate by the nephew''s boardroom dealings (I don''t for one second cond believe this but I''m just trying to make the point that none of us actually know how the nephew is or would perform) all of those clubs that have appointed eminently qualified CEOs and then failed have done either as well or worse than we would do should young Tom get the job. I just get the feeling that the nephew bashing is a proxy for bitching about the fact we have owners who don''t have the required means to give people the success they seem to crave...

As I said, I don''t think it would be a good appointment but to prejudge and start calling for heads when he hasn''t even got the job is just idiotic and he should be judged on whatever job he does.l, be that CEO, non-exec or chairfiller in the boardroom, not judged on the fact that his aunty gave him a job.

cornish sam wrote the following post at 09/05/2016 8:57 PM:

Just what exactly is wrong with "the nephew"? So he hasn''t got football experience, everyone in football doesn''t have football experience at the start. He does have a seemingly successful civil service carreer behind him, by the vague terms in which it is couched possibly even security services. He has a skillset that might not be what you would choose but it doesn''t say he will be a failure. It''s not like this is the oyston''s we''re talking about.

I am not saying he will be a success but if it is him that becomes the CEO I will at least give him enough rope to hang himself.

Cornish what an absolutely ridiculous suggestion even Delia would dare risk throwing her Nephew (who could not hold down a job in a Post office I heard) to the lions by appointing him as CEO. He knows nothing about how to run a football club, 2nd thought he knows a lot more than the current owners then ? Good Call

Gunthorpe - I''m not suggesting that he should be appointed CEO, others are saying that it''s effectively a done deal though. I am merely playing devils advocate that should it happen he should at least be given a chance.

The thing about identifying happy clappers is that I tend to clap a lot sarcastically. This season it''s typically been at ref''s, or our own fans stupidity.

I clap ironically and have seen some clap begrudgingly perhaps the club needs to allocate specific blocks for the different types of clappers.

Gunthorpe/Newton has returned...we can now utter the immortal words...we got no CEO and we got no cash.

Apples